Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I got all the firmware updates through 1.7.0 and the latest didn't fix the battery issue for me. I reverted back to 1.3.1 which did fix the problem and got "full battery" and 18 hrs and 29 min, which is probably expected given the age of my headset and the amount of use it gets. I empirically confirmed that the usage time was also extended on 1.3.1

Afterwards, I charged overnight on 1.3.1, updated to 1.7.0, and run the battery down again. Same amount of usage time. Charged to full and it still said "battery full" and showed 18 hrs and 29 min.

This method is the way to go if you're still having battery announcement problems.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Hello, 

I bought NC 700 headphones February and I need to tell you that I've never seen 20 hours remaining charging indicator. After charged the headphones overnight and the charging indicator turned on solid, the headphones said "The battery is full", but the application says I have 19 hours 24 minutes.

IMG_2947.png

In the spec sheets, it must achieve 20 hours or above, but I've never seen 20 hours in this indicator. 

Is that normal? To be realistic, I was very exhausted when the last firmware gave me the wrong 17 hours indicator, and glad I'm back, but I'm still stuck at 19 hours. Local Bose support said it won't have any problem, but I can't stop thinking about this issue. I attach the technical information below. 

[Edited by Moderator]

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life

Bose Music app was showing Low power, connected to wall charger. Initially LED was blinking and after couple of hours it was steady. Battery level was just showing little over 14 hours. I put back to charging, but battery level did not go up. Tried hard resetting as indicated in community discussion. But now it is not powering, nor charging. Any help here? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery

I updated my NC 700 to 1.7.0 and also experience the announcement full, but not the full 20-hour charge showing on the Bose application.  Is this intentional to show degraded battery life?  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I am also facing problem after updating. Showing battery 18 hr 50 min. 

Firmware 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6

Serial Number 079616Y92141311AE

Bose NC 700.

Please sort out the problem. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

My final assessment of these headphones after half a year of use is that Bose has made very good headphones, but due to incompetently written firm- and software, their value as a whole does not exceed even that of mediocre headphones, and the price charged for them is fraud rather than a fair reward for the work done.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Couldn't agree more.

All my hopes of a fix is gone a while ago.

Cleverly, headphone says charge is full. But never 20 hrs. Good programming of firmware to reflect that it is full and not specify the hours remaining.

What other stuff is up the sleeve, Bose?

I still get distorted voice while on video conference. Likewise for all, these meetings are important and can't risk scrambling for a headphone half way through or misquote something which I didn't hear properly. I stopped using the headphone. During next spring cleanup - it is heading to trash!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Bose NC700 - battery won't fully charge

Hi,
I have a  Bose NC700 , with the latest FW : 1.7.0 , and the latest Bose android app.

My device won't fully charge. It will only charge to 15.5 hours of battery, and will present a "full charge" white light indicator.
I tried to reset the earphones, it didn't help to solve the issue.

How can I fix this?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Hansoll, 

Looks like we have similar experience. I initially thought this thing has 20hrs full battery charged. But from the app will never go more than 19hrs 24m. However upon reading this forum, I guess we can consider we are lucky we get that much. Lots have even lower? I'm just amazed how is there a big variance of reading for the same device? Let's hope Bose will release more updates soon. I'm also annoyed I get occasionally message on my phone showing battery low when in fact the app show still plenty of hours left.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

This is really false advertising. Now I can't even use it after the firmware update. To make it worst, it states I'm out-of-warranty and I'm travelling on these headsets...