wschrade
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I just purchased a pair of Bose NC 700 Headphones for my wife, date of manufacture 21 November, 2019.

Product ID 83503212-aea5-4598-95c5-77cab886aO

Firmware Version: 1.4.12.6238.9f658fd

S/N: [removed by moderator]

My have has a Pixel 3xl.  The NC 700s won't charger past 17 hours even though the app says 100% (expected 20 hours), and they drop bluetooth connection while on phone calls with a Pixel 3xl several times. 

I have downloaded the Bose updateinstaller to insure they had the most up to date firmware.  I reset them by powering them off, holding the power/bluetooth button while connecting to the USB C chored that is plugged into a powered on computer.  This is very frustrating as I have had outstanding reliability using my Bose QuietComfort 35 with my Pixel 4xl.

Please help, I got these for her to use while on conference calls, and if they don't work reliably she won't tolerate it.

Thanks for your help.

wschrade
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Forgot to say that these were purchased via Amazon in the U.S.

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

hey bro tried to downgrade using the link and each time I get to the updater on chrome on Mac and windows it says new update available for the updater. can you tell me which way you done it, which browser you used and how you bypassed the installer upgrade. would anyone be able to help? if you can inbox me. 

thanks for your help,

Rhys

robert1326
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Hi,

I just want to inform you that after workaround the charging level is 18h 18min  every time I fully charge it, and the announcement is "battery full".

have a good one,

robert

DanielF96
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

• Bose NC 700 headphones
• charged headphines from 2 hours remaining when fully charged the remaining battery was 16 hours, unplugged and plugged back in to charge but still only got to 16 hours.
• when charging, first discovered last night 18/05/2020 
• Samsung S20 ultra android 10
• experienced this issue after updating headphones to 1.4.12
• Reset headphones after first charge and plugged back in, it charged for an additional 30 minutes or so but still remained at 16 hours.

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

@Anne_S 

it seems as if there is a problem with the battery on the Nc700 charging above of the likes of 80% of its intended 20 hours. 

this is seen here as on my iPhone running iOS 13.4.1 indicates 80% battery life whereas in the app it states a bull battery. This can be fixed with a software upgrade, but please don't take long on this or you are going to lose custom to the competition as a lot of companies including Apple had headphones just around the corner.

Thanks,

Rhys

IMG_1893.png

IMG_1892.png

Elena_D
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi!

• Bose product model: NC700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 1.4.12
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: After update 1.4.12 i charge it, and when white LED stopped blinking and i turned on, the headphones announce 16 hours of charge and a few minutes. Never again, in subsequent charges, the voice announcement 'full chargue' and never went up from 16 again.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? After update the firmware.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Samsung S8 on Android 7.0
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? After update. Previusly the battery charges correctly until 19 hours maximum (never reach 20h in my case)
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Reset a few times and try to charge again after see the LED stopped. NO effects at all.

I hope you can solve it soon.

So grateful

Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hi Hasansabu, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome. 

I encourage you to take a look at the thread HERE, as this is very similar to what you have described here. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nischaynshah
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Bose product model - NC700

Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

Bose app version - 3.3.4 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Reduced battery level And continuous stutter. Earlier it was 20 hrs and now it has dropped to 17 hrs

Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - Instantly, after your latest firmware upgrade. Its completely spoilt my mood and experience!

What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?

iPad Pro (iPadOS 13.4)

Apple iPhone Xs (iOS 13.4)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects.

It worked absolutely fine before the latest firmware upgrade. I’ve done all the troubleshooting steps and nothing works. The basic steps for resetting also don’t work. The communication for the same from your end is absolutely unclear. 

Has to be one of my biggest regrets for 2020!

sam1128
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I'm having the same issue. I was thinking about how the battery can lose its capacity within 3 weeks of time then I found this thread and realised it may be due to the recent software update. 

Is there no concept of testing before these updates are pushed over the air to customers.