Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I used to get 14 hours upon over night charge but now am getting 13 hours. Reduced by 1 hour.

I am really not sure if this is just an issue with incorrect battery status check or it's not fully charging

but hope to get this resolved quickly. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I have this same issue. Please advice 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I have the Bose 700 headphones. This is my second pair. The first pair wouldn’t turn on after coming off the charger at one point months ago. 

Fast forward months later, everything is going well with my replacement, until now. The last few charges, after 2-3 hours, the indicator will show fully charged (steady solid white), and I’ll take them off the charger. However, when I turn them on, the automated voice will say “ battery 17 hours” or “ battery 18 hours”, instead of the usual “battery 20 hours”. Also, my phone displays the headphones at 80% straight off the charger instead of 100% now. 

The software is up to date. 

This is very frustrating as these headphones are very expensive. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2020

It is incredible that Bose has still not resolved this issue, after the matter being raised many months ago. By now you would have thought they would have developed a fix. Surely this is not beyond the capability of their engineers. By now it is obvious that rebooting the headphones does not solve the issue. 

COME ON BOSE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue after my NC700 headphones were updated to Firmware v1.4.12, the maximum battery level is only 17hours 10mins even after a full charge and the battery light glowed solid white to indicate a full charge.

Can we please have a solution to this ASAP? I certainly did not pay such a hefty amount on these headphones to have troubles with such petty issues. Why isn't Bose rigorous in testing their firmware?

The only solution so far (seems like) is to switch back to older firmware 1.3.1 by some GitHub link, but again, I didn't shell out $400 to be installing such updates manually and risking hardware failure.

My question to you is, by when can we expect a patch for the same?

Thanks,

Shreyansh

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Question: Is there any one with the new firmware without the problem (s)? If so would you please share the details of your headphones? Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Just noticed this today. To be honest, the biggest charge I ever got with these was 19.37 hours. I was willing to accept that small discrepancy. But 16 hours, even if it's just a firmware blip, is unacceptable. Since its clear 'the fix' doesn't work I won't waste time resetting the app.

BOSE---We paid a premium for this product and we expect premium support and firmware. This needs to be addressed ASAP or this will be the last Bose product I will buy. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I'm having issues connecting with my S20 ultra, after the firmware update. it's frustrating.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I'm having the same issues since the firmware update, only 16hrs 30mins battery life, where prior to the update it was up to 19.

I ran the battery all the way down yesterday and noticed that it hung on having 3 hours battery life for around 6 hours. Meaning it does have the missing 3 hours!

There is definitely something wrong with the reporting since the update.

Although I think the battery reporting has been off since I first got mine anyway.

It's a pain when you're buying such a premium product that things don't work.

I'm running Android for the Bose music app and it's all up to date.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Hi,

As per previous messages on this, Since the latest firmware upgrade my Bose 700 NC headphones are charging only to 14 or 15 hours.  Please keep us informed on progress of a fix.  I use these for work purposes.

Thanks

Barry Lee