Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

• Bose product model  --NC700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Fully charged headphones say '30 Minutes'. After 15 minutes I get 'Battery Low - Please charge now'. On my Bluetooth on my phone (Samsung Note 9) it indicates I'm at 80%. They still play after 18 hours.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? When I turn the headphones on and when I press for a battery update.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Samsung Note 9. One UI version 2.0, Android Version 10 
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? As soon as I updated the firmware on May 12. Before this they were fine.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

I have done the reset process at least 8 times (changed cords, changed power blocks, nothing works) , I have turned off bluetooth and restarted several times, I have deleted all bluetooth devices off the headphones several times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Bose Music app several times and I have tried connecting to other devices thinking it might be the phone. Its not the phone.

I love the headphones otherwise. These were purchased February 9, 2020 from a Bose Store. This won't stop me from buying Bose equipment in the future, but I want it to work properly as I rely on the battery indicator.

Mahammed
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Problem with charging

Hi, 

My firmware is 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd. 
I read everything single things I try the all troubleshooting but it didn’t work. Today the fourth charging The battery was 16 hours I put it in the charging for tow and half hours but stay the same 16 hours. There’s something else in the battery I turned off and I turned on at the same time the battery loss 10 minutes. every day something new!

JakubF
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Battery indicator and software issues Bose 700

I bought my headphones 3 days ago from a external provider and I am having ridiculous amounts of issues with the Bose 700 NC Headphones. 

Firstly, after the first full charge which I did over night, my headphones wouldn't identify as 20hrs charge. Instead they would not go above 17 hours charge although the LED light on the right ear cup was solid identifying full charge!!! Before Bose starts telling me to do a software update review and headphones  reboot, I already done that multiple times thank you very much from reading multiple reviews that suggested this for any issue!!!!

Today, my headphones started causing further issues. When the battery was being drained the first time around, the LED indicator would change colour appropriately per battery level and stated in the Bose 700 manual. After the first charge, the LED has now decided to stay solid from full to drained, including my headphones identifying 45 minutes of battery remaining for 2 hours!!!!!! Even at "critical level" the LED has remained solid!!!

Alongside this, the connection to the app is appaling . Each time you open it up, it looses connection to the headphones. Once again, before Bose suggests that I do a software review and ensure that it's all up to date, I have already done that.

This is ridiculous. These are 300 pounds in UK and yet this is what I am experiencing. I bought these headphones as a gift for myself and so far, the only thing I am impressed about is the sound quality. Except that,  I encountered more issues then actual joy with them. Issues like this I can understand with a start up company but not Bose!

Either a replacemt pair or actual useful information to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated as this is ridiculous for a £300 headset!!!! 

Edgar242
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I realized that this started to happen after apply the last update (version 1.4.12) some days ago so I thought maybe it will change later on so I decided to use them until low level in order to charge them once again.

After the headphones were charged I turned on and I see that it showed 100% but just 14 hours of remaining battery (this is the second time with this low level since update) so I followed the procedure to reset the headphones and then I turned on and now they had 70% of battery (This seems to be good 🙂) so now I am charging them againg. I think this will work so I will be updating my results in short. 

Wish me good luck 🤞

Henryorellana
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Are you guys going have us wait for another update or will you guys release an early update what is the game plan

TechGuy
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Add another to the many no longer getting a full charge. It happened after the latest update like all the others here. Just think how many will not even write in here. This is just the small amount who did. I hope something is done so we don't lose out on hours of battery life. Mine maxing out at 17 hours and 30 minutes or so. 

Running latest update for iOS device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) app is installed on. Latest software for all of them. 

bisiorro
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Hello everyone. 

So:

• Bose product model: Bose NC 700 Headphones 

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4

The rest of the answers I am skipping, cause it has not any sense in my understanding. 

Battery charged overnight, 16h16min.

Is anybody from Bose even working on it? When can we expect any solution? Stuttering sound and battery charging issues are not acceptable. The steps you're recommending are useless. Fortunately, my headphones are still on warranty so I am seriously considering sending them back. Sorry to say but I am thinking to come back to Sony.

Tardigrade
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Facing the same issue. After the update battery state is never announced as full. After overnight charging with an actual charger (e.g. not laptop usb) I got 16 hours. After a while it was reported 15 hours and when I checked the battery state from my phone's bluetooth menu,i was 80%. So, percentage and hours seems to be consistent.

Vello Tusti
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I have now thoroughly tested the battery and its actual life, which is actually 13.5-15% less than Bose's guaranteed, which may be due to this latest firmware update based on all the feedback here, but which, unfortunately, Bose has not yet publicly acknowledged or immediately repaired. However, I would like to hope that he will do so in the end and will satisfy the legitimate expectations of his customers. The detailed test can be viewed here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlNrBoRPRwm3hpA8294kG9xpM8crrg?e=ZGA0Wt

vianpl
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Same issue happening here. The firmware and app versions are the same as everyone else. To make things worse, what was a 16h30 full charge is a 14h30 full charge today. So the behavior is degrading as I recharge the device. This is serious, so I'd appreciate updates on the mitigation process.