May 26, 2020
Hi, So i have been using NC 700 headphones for 2 months... but today after the update my battery shows only 17 hours after full charge... is there any issue with my headphone ? or will it be back to normal 20 hours in some time?
May 26, 2020
Issue with battery announcement:
The battery light got solid On first charge after around 2 and half hours. However the battery time is 17 hours 38 minutes. Reconnected the headphones to charger. Light starts blinking and keeps on blinking for ever. No increase in battery time. No return to fixed blue light even after another 3 hours of charge.
1. App Version: 3.3.4
2. Updated software: installed prior to first use.1.4.12
3. I have tried the reset.
4. had similar issues with a previous headphone. This one is replacement.
5. I have used it with iPhone & apple MacBook. Same issues.
i can’t see how to attach a screen shot with this message.
Apr 16, 2020
Hi, I would like to warn people about my experience with the Bose 700 power charging issue. Like many on this forum, I was having similar problems that the headphones would give conflicting battery life messages: one moment 'battery full'... then a few minutes later 'battery 17 hours'. I also had difficulty charging the headphones, whether using USB-a wall charger, or my computer when it was powered on. It seemed like I needed to be using the computer for the headphones to charge (I had left them charging overnight on the computer and they didn't charge at all).
So I tried the 'fix' suggested by the moderator Tegan M, and then my headphones wouldn't turn on at all. No power. Nothing.
I appreciate that Bose are replacing the headphones, but this will be yet another attempt to get these otherwise wonderful headphones to work! Bose replaced my last pair for similar power issues.
I just want to enjoy lovely sounds coming through my headphones... not sure what the problem is Bose, because it seems quite a common problem.
Thanks for listening.
I hope everyone is keeping well through these challenging times.
May 26, 2020
I am having the same problem with my Bose 700 which I only bought like last week. But my maximum battery level is 16 hours.
Sep 4, 2019
Having the same issue, battery shows a max of 15 hours and 50 minutes. Here is an interesting thing to note Bose (yes, I tried all the measure you posted, all devices are up to date). When I fully charge the the headphones, the Bose app shows 15 hours and 50 minutes as full charge. My iPhone and iPad however show the battery level at 80%, seems to me you may want to find out if this is common. It seems to show this as a true software issue as opposed to hardware. 80% of 20 is 16, looks like the iPad and iPhone are correct.
May 27, 2020
First off; I love my Bose 700, however there's a issue that is very important to me: full charge is only 14 hours.
Why is this happening and is there a way to resolve that?
Feb 6, 2019
It's a known issue with the newest update. you can downgrade or just wait it out until they have a new firmware.
May 28, 2020
please, find below requested information.
Bose product model: Noise Cancelling 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: 1. plug the headphones to PC/wall plug. 2. Wait for the led to stop blinking. --> Headphones charged to 17 hours, 30 min
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? At the first charge
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - no services, just charging
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? It occurred at the first charge
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Tryed to reset the headphones
Apr 8, 2020
I used to get 14 hours upon over night charge but now am getting 13 hours. Reduced by 1 hour.
I am really not sure if this is just an issue with incorrect battery status check or it's not fully charging
but hope to get this resolved quickly.