Jibran S
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

A lot of the customers have been quite patient with this product. What I find amazing is how Bose is unable to get simple things correct in today’s day and age i.e. Bluetooth connectivity and battery life. The battery life announcement is getting worse as every time after full charge, the remaining battery is getting lesser and lesser. (I am at 12 hours max now). 
It’s been over 3 weeks since Bose has reproduced the issue and yet there is no update or even a mention of what’s going on. For a wireless device, battery life and connectivity are the most important aspects where we consumers already make a sacrifice knowing that audio quality will not be at par with a wired device. Bose is not delivering on the exact reasons for this product’s existence. And I am tired like others to have a wait for an update. Bad customer service here. Not my first Bose product but surely my last. 

Ditan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi,

just bought the NC 700 a couple of days ago.

I updated to the latest FW (1.4.12.6283.9f658fd) and the Bose app is at its latest version.

After a full charge both headset and music app report 17 hours battery whereas 20 would be expected. 

I thought of returning it back to the seller under warranty. 

Thanks, best regards

Eddy852
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Still experiencing the same problem. The headphone doesn't charge beyond 17 hours. I have updated the Bose Music app, reset the headphone multiple times and connected it to my laptop visiting btu.bose.com. However, the same issue persists. Please fix the problem.

user0610a20
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

MOST OF US ARE STILL FACING THE RED/WHITE LIGHT FLASHING ISSUES THAT MAKES THE BOSE NCH 700 HEADPHONES UNUSABLE. IT WON'T TURN ON.

drb17
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Another update - thinking it is 5th.

Just noticed that Bose removed the "AR" - augmented reality from the bose app. I used it only once in the beginning when I saw an animation clip.

Having purchased 3rd bose product all these years - this lack of response and accountability is astounding. 

Longer the delay - customers will very soon hit the no-return period for money back. Is it fair? Even with credit card purchases, one cannot dispute for this defective product if they continue a mute response for months.

Having paid a premium while sony was selling theirs at considerably low price with higher battery capacity has become a bad move.

I am a big fan of "bass". Got to say, I overlooked all the negative reviews on the lack of bass in this headphone compared to sony. I went with other quality aspects. Hope people agree with me. This headphone completely lacks the bass response, making it a normal headphone - however the noise cancellation is excellent (can't even hear my wife!) 😉

MAY-STL
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Please provide more detail on reset instructions.  I have tried this with headset off and on, hold the button down before connecting power source to headset and blue light never blinks after holding for quite some time.  Does it take several minutes for blue light to blink or how long to expect to hold button down for before getting blue light indicator?

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@MAY-STL,

I am sorry to inform you about this, but there isn't a factory reset on the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700,

The reboot process you are talking about is a fake. It never worked, and the blue light will never blink.

This issue was repeatedly described here on this forum, e.g. here  

MAY-STL
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

thank you, guess I should have read the 206 posts before typing. . .

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@MAY-STL No problem. Don't take me wrong, just wanted to show you the scale of this problem.

MAY-STL
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

No really, appreciate the information.  I have had a lot of Bose products, there are certain things about the 700 headset that are great,  Microphone technology for a loud room is far beyond the QC series, but no doubt been one of the most buggy roll outs I have seen for apps and features.  And progress has been slow to address. . .