Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Battery issue

I just bought my new bose700 headphones two months ago and then the battery level was constantly decreasing from 19 hrs to 14 hrs. That was ridiculous. I couldn't fix this problem by following those steps recommended by the community. Then I decided to send them back to bose company to get my headphones fixed. A few days ago, I got my headphones and charged them overnight. The battery level showed 19 hrs and 40 mins. Yesterday I charged them for more than five hours but now the battery level is still staying at 16 hr. I am really confused that I already got my headphones fixed. Why did the same problem happen again? Also, I am pretty sure that the firmware version is the latest 1.4.12 and before I charged my headphones, I did turn them off. But it turns out that nothing works. The battery issue still exists. 

OMG, bose700 is driving me crazy. I started losing my faith in this company and their products. 

I am not sure if the company can help me out. Should I return my headphones back again? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

When do you think, this patch will be available?, I think this is something critical and the should be available ASAP, so do you have a date for this ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

This thread was started on 14 May 2020. Problems existed way before and it took a while for the customers to get a grip on this. Even so, approximately 2 months since the company accepted the issue and so far not a squeak from them.

Makes me wonder.....are they waiting for 30 day return policy to be over? 

I have crossed that a while ago, and the way the headphone is deteriorating every day, I can use it during winter as ear muffs, albeit an expensive 450 USD ear muffs! and pretend to be listening to some gratifying, noise cancelled music but actually protecting ears from cold.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @drb17 ,

I wouldn't worry about the 30 days replacement option.. That is something the seller is offering not the brand. I bought the headphones last September, and Bose replaced it already twice and offered me the option to either get a refund or get a different Bose product for the same price as the issue is still persisting..

I would also recommend you to contact their customer care directly for replacement or refund.

P.S. Speaking from my personal experience in software engineering, more than 2 months is a long time to fix any issue. I will be using this example in all my future presentations and talks as an example of how not to handle an issue. Thanks for that though 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2006

The battery drain issue on the S1 Pro speakers has been an issue for well over a year.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I am having the same issue, after the update. Only shows or announce battery level at 17 hrs .. also there is a glitch i am noticing from switching devices.

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Hi, I live in India, I bought new Bose 700 NC headphones and i charged them it was showing 20h48m. I used it and the remaining battery was around 19h30m at evening 9, I switched it off and next day afternoon at 1 I check the battery is at 17h50m. The battery is draining when turned off. I did update my headphones before charging.

My firmware version is - 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1

and my app version is up to date.

please help 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Hi,

i've had NC700 for a month now and i've done all updates,

still facing all the mentioned issues at comments and the topic.

i've tried to reset the product as described but it did not get reseted!

anyway i'm really frustrated with the battery life! i mean really it gets drained in a few days!

exchanging the product with another one is not a solution.. a refund maybe.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

I bought my NC 700 last Sunday and I have been having the same problem. I don't go past 17.30 hours after fully charging it (even overnight). I had seen it charge to 20 hours only once when I haven't updated to the latest firmware. I've tried all the recommended solutions I can find to no avail. 

I am very disappointed because I was excited to get this item as my first noise-canceling headphones. I also feel frustrated about experiencing a serious issue for a very expensive product. This item does not reflect value for the money I've paid for.

I hope that the service can make up for it. I will return my NC 700 after 2-3 weeks if there are no fixes. I will then get a product from another brand. It would be unfair to wait for another month after that for a fix to a problem that had been reported about 2 months ago.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

For all new posts, according to this update from the Bose Team, the prompt is off and battery life should be the same. I haven't actually gone ahead and used a timer but feel I'm getting a decent amount of battery time with my set. Being in the app business myself professionally and since it's been over a month of being able to replicate the issue, I'm wondering if there's more to this problem than what has been discussed there. Shouldn't be hard to fix the prompt properly for accurate battery life time. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-Reduced-...