Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I am not getting more than 15 hrs and 2 mins of charge on a new Bose NC 700 headphones recently purchased on Amazon. The problem has not fixed itself, despite multiple resets of my headphones. Here are the further details you requested.

Bose product model: NC 700

Bose Firmware version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

Serial Number: [removed by moderator]

Bose app version: 3.3.4

Detailed description: The newly purchased headphones do not show more than 15 hours and 2 minutes of charge, even though I have tried multiple USB-C chargers, charging by connecting to PC, and charging by connecting to wall outlets. The white light stops blinking indicating full charge has been attained, but then we I turn on the headphones, it says 15 hours of charge and shows 15 hours of charge on the Bose Music App on all my devices.

Where/when did the issue first occur: These headphone were just purchased, and the issue occurred the very first time I tried charging the headphones.

Services used: iPad Pro 12.9 (2020) on iOS 13.4.1, iPhone 11 pro max on iOS 13.4.1, iPhone XS on iOS 13.4.1.

Did it work correctly previously: These headphone were just purchased, and I have been experiencing this issue from its very first usage.

Troubleshooting steps: Reset headphones 3 times per instruction on this page. Deleted and reinstalled Bose Music App on all my iOS devices. No changes in max charge capacity were observed.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

• Bose product model

Bose 700 

Product id (GUID)

24b6ce6-cf9c-3a63-3bad-d3cb106ebc45 (GUID)

Date of Mfg: 

9/20/19

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.4.12.6383.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Plugged my 700s in for a recharge after fw update after noting headphones not fully charged.  (app and voice announcment).  App also disagreed with headphones on charge status:  Start: App:  16h37m.   Headphones: "16 hours". Results:   Light on steady white after approx 2 hrs connected:  Results: App:  16h52m  Headphones:  "Battery full"    Uninstalled/reinstalled the App:  no change.   

• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

APP/Headphone indications
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

APP / Headphones

• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

When did it start:  After update to new/current FW version.  Work correctly prior:?  NO (v1.3.x)  Same issue EXCEPT battery status never indicated FULL charge in either the APP or the voice announcement.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

YES:  All suggested in this forum as requested by moderator: resets, uninstall/reinstall APP, clear all paired devices via button push on headphones, in the APP and in all non-Bose devices with Bluetooth,

Device: Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android V9.0 Oreo

Device: Laptop:

HP 

Windows 10 Home V1909 18363.836

Wireless/Buetooth adapter(s):

Intel Wi-Fi AX201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo

(Gigabit file xfer speeds, MU-MIMO supported)

Build date: March 2020

Windows Updates and all mfg. drivers current;

Intel  BT and network drivers current

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Same issue. Indicated 17 hours after full charge. IPhone XS iOS 13.5 beta 4. Screenshot 
But I feel it works little bit longer then on previously firmware (1.3.1) even when it shows less hours.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Made several attempts to reset my 700s and battery announcement won’t go past 16 hours. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2020

How on earth can bose not know or test this., a company so big with such a big priced product selling faulty goods and releasing broken firmware updates. I'm buying Sony next time.

Considering Sony has 30hrs and the awaited release even move bose customers have been ripped off, this was a bad purchase.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

My headphone Nose Cancelling 700, brand new, never reports more than 17 hours battery life. I am trying a reset of the headphones by following these steps.

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

However, if the USB-C cable is plugged in, the headset never turns on. So I am never seeing the bluetooth light turning on with the cable plugged in. What am I doing wrong?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Same battery issue at others. On plus side, at least headphones are usable with latest firmware.

• Bose product model

700 NC

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Battery level maxes out at 18 hrs 20 mins despite multiple resets
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

After firmware upgrade to 1.4.12. Was not an issue on previous firmware.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) 

Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy S10e
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

After firmware upgrade to 1.4.12. Was not an issue on previous firmware.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

Have done the resets described multiple times. No effect.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I have experienced my Bose 700 reaching a max of 17 hours and 39 minutes of charge time at full battery. This has not been an issue until I noticed it one day ago. Upon reading comments from other users, I assume this problem emerged from a recent firmware update, probably within the week.

I have also tried the reset option with no success to fix the problem. Also, the directions are worded very oddly. Are you suppose to plug in the charging cable after the reset? When I pressed the Bluetooth button when it was plugged, naturally, it did not do anything and most certainly did not blink with a blue light.

Should I connect the headphones  through the Bose music app exclusively? Or do I connect them with my phones interface first? So confused 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I am facing the same issue as others and tired the troubleshooting steps, it doesnt work. I am likely to return these headphones . Didnt expect this from Bose after paying a premium price 

• Bose product model: Bose NC 700 HP
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Today I found that the battery hour indicator reduce more, and now it on full charge shows 16 hours. Few days ago it showed more than 17 hours on the same firmware.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot2