Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Re: NC700 16 Hour Battery Life

Also jumping in on (or off) the bandwagon

As soon as I saw that Sony's XM4 support multipoint connection, have improved comfort, and more functionalities (the automatic music pause/play is a game-changer), I ordered a pair and will be returning my expensive Bose paperclip that restarts and stutters first thing Monday.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@agora

Can't blame you. Many features in Sony are a game changer. I am tired of the same boring colors. Hence waiting for some unique color release. (This is what happened with Bose when I bought Eclipse). Will move to Sony. 

@Tegan_M 

Will you be kind enough to tell me and others if the issues have been taken into account by the Bose team?

1. Battery

2. Stuttering

3. Lately, touch controls - to pause / play of youtube isn't working. but volume controls are fine.

4. Garbled sounds then and there.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@drb17we are also forgetting the Bose AR.. It was a feature promised by Bose when selling their product. Now they have shut it down.. It's not ethical to see a product on certain promises and then take it back once we have paid!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life

Hello,

I have bought my BOSE NC 700 the 27 of December 2019, approximately 8 months ago.

Since the acquisition date my battery announcement has dropped to 13 hours instead of 20 hours promised. I have installed all the updates (last one Version 1.5.1) but still the same. The charge of 13 hours announced correspond to 60%. This is the information I read in the iPhone battery widget. I have tried also to reset several times following carefully step by step the Bose instruction, but no way to have the 20 hours promised.

The price of the headphone in December 2019 was 399.00 Swiss francs an amazing price; it is very frustrating and disappointing. Seems that Bose has lost the quality of their products.  

Yesterday i ordered the Sony WH-1000XM4. I will see what to do. I was a very loyal Bose customer,

may be this will belong to the past...

Should I send back the headphone for repair ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards.

John

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@vineethpbharadwaj 

Yes, AR was removed. I posted about this long time ago. Slowly they removed it from their product page too.

Even if we console ourselves without it, basic functionality of the headphone is non-existent. Just a pricey, ear-muffs to gain social status.

@dune356 

Repair? I wouldn't even think about it. Nobody has any idea what's happening. All sold products should be recalled, and replaced with the next version of 700 if it happens to be better and error free. However, Bose is busy releasing the 500 - ear bud version.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I realized the Bose Music apps was automatically updated. Now it does not show the hours of battery life, but instead announce only the percent of battery. 

That's not the solution I was hoping for. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

What is the version of the app did you updated to that won't show the battery time left? I'm on 3.5.5 which does show the time remaining details.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I am at 3.5.6 so I guess I was previously on 3.5.5 where I have the battery issue. So it sounds like the "solution" is to take away the announcement of the hours so that we cannot complaint what we cannot see? Brilliant engineering. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

NC 700 Battery issues after firmware 1.5.1

I noticed that there has been battery issues on the NC 700 back in May.  It shows battery has below 17 hours after full charge.  It's unclear whether version 1.5.1 solved this.  I spoke with customer service and got one answer that it's a known problem and another person who had no idea.  

Does anyone know the status of this?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

It seems that they also removed the long press on the touchpad to hear how many hours you have left. At least on mine.