Professor
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Took the same route months ago with the same result.  Then with the new firmware release I upgraded and went back  same battery life issue.

I decided to stay with the issues.  Thinking about the way Bose does not support reverting to previous releases and the way they test releases I decided that they probably would not be testing any future firmware releases with anything outer than their current version. 

Makes no sense to give them another excuse. That thought made me realize that the path to the ultimate solution would become cloudy at best and there truly would be no support because I would have introduced an unsupported version.

Going to stick it out and wait for Bose to actually do the right thing.

All I can say is "lessons learned" with future purchases

lostn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Has anyone tested whether the battery life has actually decreased or if it's just inaccurate battery life reporting?

I have read about 7 pages out of 34, but honestly, if someone could give me a quick answer I won't have to go through the remaining 27 pages.

I am too scared to update the firmware, so I'm using my 700s only with the internet connection disabled on my device. I knew I had to be careful ever since the QC35 4.5.2 update that reduced the ANC on those headphones. This limits what I can do with it, so no youtube, no Prime video, no Netflix or hulu since I can only use them offline.

Honestly, I find it hard to trust Bose now. These problems are long running and still not fixed. I switched from Sony to Bose and might switch back.

Abro
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

I agree with you. They are so unresponsive and for headphones that cost 500$+, this is an embarrassing and awful experience. 

I will be returning mine.

drb17
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@lostn 

700 headphones are as dead as a doorknob. If you are comfortable without upgrading firmware, it would be best. Nobody yet knows whether it is real battery issue or reporting issue.

And many other issues creeped in like stuttering, unresponsiveness etc.

Quite sad. my CQ25 is still working fine after more than 10+ years, I think.

lostn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Mine are on 1.3.1. Is this a non-broken firmware?

I'm very disappointed that you can't opt out of firmware updates. Sony does not force you to update them or even install the app. The App that Bose made is not as feature packed, and is lazily written. It doesn't even support landscape mode, so if your tablet is permanently docked to a keyboard, every time you move your mouse up/down the cursor moves left/right and vice versa. Stupid.

lostn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Do you know if these new problems with battery life and stuttering happen to everyone or just some people? I have no faith in Bose fixing these problems. They acknowledge them and say fixes are in progress, but you never get status updates and it may never even get fixed, like the QC35 II ANC nerf.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@lostnI'm pretty sure this issue is for everyone.. I had my headphones replaced twice and all of them have this issue.. This is incredibly irresponsible behavior of @bose

Also, I'm pretty sure this issue will not be fixed anytime soon.. For a so called "flagship" device, the kind of response from the entire Bose team is very disappointing and highly unprofessional. 

I will be returning my headphones soon and getting a refund. Sony XM4 is very promising.

Hulk7
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Bose 700 headphones will only charge to 17 hours

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones will only charge to 17 hours

Dottat
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Amazingly, still getting Bose promotional emails on this product which should be recalled. At this point, they should be facing the facts that their competitor released their product and Bose still hasn't fixed their own. No amount of marketing emails will overcome that.