Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 - battery won't fully charge

Yep I can confirm that the 1.7 firmware fixed the battery charge level announcement but only for a short period.  Now I get 16 hours with a fully charged headset.  This headset is 5 months old. Forcing back to 1.3.1 gets me closer to 20 but never actually 20.

I'd say its past time for class action on this as bose continues to market and sell these things contrary to what they actually are.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Has Bose removed the links showing how to revert to earlier software from this thread?????

I used to run 1.3.1 pretty successfully but I gave 1.7.0 a go, and now I no longer can charge past an announced value of 14 hours.  I tried to find the instructions to revert to 1.3.1 this morning and it looks like they are gone.

Barry

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I found that when using an 18W charger (iPad Pro/Pixel), the headset will stop charging around 17 [something] hours. In other words the light is a constant white. The battery announcement does NOT read "Battery Full".

However if I use a 65W charger (Thinkpad), the headset charges to 18+ hours and it does announce that the battery is full.

I downgraded from 1.5 to 1.3.1 and then directly upgraded back to 1.7.0.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 Not Charging

Hello

I have had my 700's for around 9 months now and they suffer with this charging issue. When new, and charged they showed Full in the app and around 20 hours after an overnight charge. Yet of late and after a couple of firmware updates, they only report 16 hours after an overnight charge. I am charging using the BOSE cable (Have used other suitable cables with no difference), using a good 18w phone charger, have the latest firmware loaded, and completed all the resets as suggested. I don't use the 700's daily as i am no longer commuting, so its not that i have been charging them many times. Probably 10/12 times since new?
I have seen that many people have this issue and the 'Solved' issue is actually not solved, just a list of steps that does not seem to resolve the issue. 
What do you suggest please? These are not cheap headphones and i have always been a fan of BOSE products. As an aside, my wifes QC's are still working perfectly after years of heavy use. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

My NC 700 I just got last week, says it charges to 15 hours only, but never above that. I have tried both a USB to a wall plug, and USB to PC with no change. I have updated to the latest firmware already. There are other people complaining about this, but I was unable to comment on those, since they closed commenting on them it seems. Please advise, because I would prefer the get the longer life, and not have problems down the road with sub par battery life. BOSE is know for quality, but this is the second pair I had a problem with. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

IMG_5224.PNG

  

Hi Bose Community, 

My Bose 700 NC do not charge fully, I left them in overnight and then plugged them in again this morning. 90% charge 17hrs 39 min of battery life. This is not acceptable for a device that costs this much money. I would honestly like a refund as this product has not delivered from day one and I am on my second pair. 20hrs battery life seems like a pipe-dream as this device does not deliver. On top of this the intermittent noise interruption has not been resolved either. 

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 16.14.48.png

(Edited by moderator) 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

I am on my second pair as well and my battery maxes out at 16 hours.

I have tried everything suggested: hard reset, update firmware, 2 different charging cables, 2 different wall chargers and nothing fixes it.

Is there any hope this will be fixed?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Bose NC 700 Headphones not charging completely / reset not working

Hey,

I have recently purchases my headphones and about two weeks into using them they began to lose battery life, and currently only charge to 17 hours despite having a battery that initially held 20 hours. I searched this community and found that it was suggested that I perform the reset (disconnect cables> hold down power button> connect power cable until bluetooth light flashes), however this did not work for me. I still have my battery issue and the system reset does not seem to work as I never saw the bluetooth button flash, and yes my headphones are up-to-date.

Has anyone else found that they have the same issue as I do? Is there any way to fix this that we know of? 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hey everyone,  

Thank you for your continued posts with regards to battery life announcements and apologies for the delay on an update.  

I want to start by sharing some news. We have been working on fixes for battery issues and hope to share more details with you soon. We hope this will help some of the reports here, but even with these fixes we will continue to make sure we understand and investigate other reported issue with the NC700 battery. 

As a reminder this thread should stay focused on the battery announcements. If you are running into an issue where the battery voice prompt is not accurate, if the prompt does not indicate full at any point, or other issues with the voice prompt for the battery after upgrading to 1.7.0, please reply here and let us know, and include the following: 

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce 
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? 
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) 
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. 

As a reminderif at any time if you are unhappy with the performance of your battery, please contact support and we will be happy to review your options.  

I hope to share more details regarding upcoming improvements with you soon! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I have updated from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2 and my battery life issue has not changed.
I'm still only reporting 16-17 hours of battery life after leaving it to charge overnight.
I've done that reset thing as well, I really don't know what to do anymore, losing 4 hours of battery life is not good.