Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting iphone 11 promax

Does this happen when you are connected to iPhone *and* work laptop... and headphone loses iPhone repeatedly when you're on a Zoom/Skype/Teams call on the work laptop?

If yes, this is a multi-point issue with QC35 and the NC700 - it sounds like they have got it almost fixed for NC700 with the latest firmware but there is no indication of whether there is a QC35 firmware coming out.... 

Community Manager

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for getting back to us so promptly and with such detailed information. This is very useful for our engineering team, who will be able to investigate the issues who have reported.

As you know this type of investigation can take some time, although you can be assured that they are already working hard. We will, of course, get back to you as soon as we have any news. In the meantime, please let us kow if you notice any evolution to your situation or if you would like to add anything that you believe might be useful for our team.

Many thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi Anne_S,

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any idea how long will it take to solve this problem? The reason I am asking is because apparently this issue is happening almost ever since this headphones were release and it took you ~7 months to release a firmware update that didn't solve it. I am still in my return period, should I keep the headphones on a promise that the issue will be fixed? What if it isn't? What guarantees can Bose give to its costumers? 

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Community Manager

@zpedrop, thanks for your question. As mentioned, this type of investigation can take some time (but not necessarily!) and it is too early to be able to put any sort of time frame on it. We will let you know as soon as we hear, but I would like to confirm that Bose stands by its products and its customers and our aim is to ensure that you can fully enjoy your headphones, for as long as possible.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

• Bose product model: NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Random problem. It can happen during a Windows Teams call with both devices connected
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909
Bluetooth 4.2 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth ac 8260 - Drive version: 21.70.0.3
Android 10 - Bluetooth 5
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
It was happen sometime with previous firmware version. Now it happened more often
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.
Disconnecting phone the stutter end

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting iphone 11 promax

@vikasshankarYes it does happen at that scenario. But it also happens at various combinations such as:

• When I'm only connected to my iPhone and listening music on Spotify.
  • When I'm connected to my iPhone and laptop listening music on laptop
  • When I'm only connected to my iPhone (or my laptop) and doing a Skype/Zoom/Teams call.

That's good to hear they solved it for NC700, maybe it'll get solved with the next firmware update for QC35ii.

But it's pretty annoying that a $300 headphone does this. I have a $40 heaadphone when I use during workouts, it can also connect to two devices and something like this never happened. Of course the sound quality and noise cancelling is nowhere near Bose that's why I have these but this is pretty annoying.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

• Bose product model - Bose NC 700 headphones
  • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - Version 3.3.4
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Connected to iPhone X and AppleTV. Watching on AppleTV makes the sound stutter every 2-3 minutes. I have no problems on the iPhone.
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? It first occured after installing the latest firmware update, I had no issue before with the older firmware.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) AppleTV on tvOS 13.4 (17L256)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I experience it when I watch Netflix, Prime, Disney+ on the AppleTV, this always used to work correctly (also on my QC35)
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. - I reset my headphones according to the instructions in the post, cleared my bluetooth connections, restarted iPhone and AppleTV. After resetting the headphones the stutter seems to be gone for about an hour, then it returns again.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I updated the firmware of my QC35 and got the same issue right after when using my MacBook Air but not when using my Bose headset with my iPhone. Perhaps, Bose should investigate this issue by the latest firmware. I am wondering how to downgrade the firmware of my headset to fix the problem.

Thanks

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hello,

I don't want to unduly add to the criticism that I'm sure you are already being subjected to but, I would be very appreciative if Bose would spend a bit more time troubleshooting and beta testing firmware before pushing it, without verification request, to end users. 

Ok, for the productive part of my comment - I had to stop using my 700 series headphones this past week because of the sudden stutter problem. I reset the headphones and connections on my devices but this had no impact. I finally found this post today and ran through the reset process. Initially this only resolved one small part of my problem and NOT the major issue. Details were/are:

1. Audio when connected to my computer was stuttering severely...prohibiting communication and/or meaningful listening.

2. When I reset the device and computer the headphones would no longer pair with my computer (oddly iPhone and iPad were unaffected).

The reset allowed me to reconnect to my computer (after connecting via the Music app on my iPhone) however, audio was still choppy and skipping. It was ONLY after I disconnected from my phone that I could/can listen to audio without the choppy skipping. I don't need to be connected to my computer and iPhone simultaneously so, for now, this will work for me. As someone else in this thread has mentioned, it is unfortunate that high end headphones like these were sidelined by the manufacturer by a seemingly carelessly designed/implemented firmware update.

Best wishes for smoother roads ahead. I am still a Bose fan and certainly won't allow this setback to encourage me to stray...but a series of similar actions in the future could sour me. 

Regards

Jason

P.S. Update - Unfortunately, I've discovered that, while I was able to reconnect to my desktop and can hear audio without skipping, the audio begins skipping again as soon as I access any application other than the one that is providing the audio I am listening to. For example, if I am on an online video session, as soon as I attempt to open a page in my browser or open another file, the audio begins skipping and clipping. 😞 So, I'm back to my wired headphones...after a short moment of excitement having my wireless headphones back. 😞

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I experienced the stutter issue with multiple device before the update. After update the headphone is malfunctioning all the time

• Bose product model

NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.42 (No longer able to access the information due to resetting during troubleshoot, and cannot pair with bose app anymore)
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Before update: Audio from PC stutter when connected to multiple device

After update: Above, and worse.

- Headphone itself stutter when power on, does not read out power level. 

- Cannot be fully charged overnight

- Reoccurring self restart

- Poor connection with phone, and usual control features not functional

- Assistant unavailable

- Cannot be reset according to resetting instructions (4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue. Bluetooth light never blinks blue despite 5 minute hold)

After troubleshoot through attempts at resetting everything:

- At this point most issues are somewhat fixed

- Bose Music App cannot pair with device after 10 trials

- Stutter and battery issue yet to be verified to be fixed
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Most issues after update
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

PC, Windows 10 v1903

OnePlus 6T, Android 10, OxygenOS 10.3.3
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Aforementioned

• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

- Tried resetting the headphone, failed as aforementioned

- Tried clearing the device list on headphone, and device from PC and phone, success 

- Now somewhat stable connection with phone, assistant and control functionality working

- Bose app unable to pair with device