PhilippDen.
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hello, 

my NC700 updated yesterday. Now the stutter appears randomly. The stutter occurs more often on my iPad than on my iPhone. Previously everything was fine.

- Bose NC 700

- Firmware Version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

- App Version: 3.3.4

- When does the stutter happen: randomly while playing anything from my iPhone/iPad. The stutter does not appear when the headphone cord is used (on my Windows PC)

- The error occurred first after the update to 1.4.12

-Services: Apple Music, YouTube 

- Devices: iPhone 7 Plus; iOS 13.4.1

iPad Pro 12.9“ (1st Generation); iPadOS 13.4.1

- Reset of all connections and of the headphones with no improvement

Hope to see a fix for that, new features like the EQ are great!

zpedrop
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

HI Anne_S, here are the informations requested:

• Bose product model
- Bose NC 700 Headphones
• Bose product firmware version
https://imgur.com/a/5kg0XiE
 • Bose app version
https://imgur.com/a/25XCcxk
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
- Audio playback stutters and often I can hear a crackling noise when playing audio. The issue happens more frequently when I have two devices connected to the headphones but since the last firmware update there was one instance where it happened even when connected to just one device. The crackling noise happens every time I switch the audio source from one device to another and during audio playback it is accompanied by a stutter that happens very frequently.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
- It occurs every time I play audio and have two devices connected at the same time. When I switch from one device to another it happens and during playback on one device too. This problem has always occurred, even in the previous firmware version.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?
- I am using an iPhone X on iOS 13.4.1 and a MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar on MacOS 10.15.4. The problem occurs while listening to audio in Spotify, Netflix and Youtube. I didn't test any other services.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
- The issue already existed in the previous firmware version of the headphones and persists into this one.

• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

- I just followed your instructions.

vikasshankar
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting iphone 11 promax

Does this happen when you are connected to iPhone *and* work laptop... and headphone loses iPhone repeatedly when you're on a Zoom/Skype/Teams call on the work laptop?

If yes, this is a multi-point issue with QC35 and the NC700 - it sounds like they have got it almost fixed for NC700 with the latest firmware but there is no indication of whether there is a QC35 firmware coming out.... 

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for getting back to us so promptly and with such detailed information. This is very useful for our engineering team, who will be able to investigate the issues who have reported.

As you know this type of investigation can take some time, although you can be assured that they are already working hard. We will, of course, get back to you as soon as we have any news. In the meantime, please let us kow if you notice any evolution to your situation or if you would like to add anything that you believe might be useful for our team.

Many thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
zpedrop
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Hi Anne_S,

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any idea how long will it take to solve this problem? The reason I am asking is because apparently this issue is happening almost ever since this headphones were release and it took you ~7 months to release a firmware update that didn't solve it. I am still in my return period, should I keep the headphones on a promise that the issue will be fixed? What if it isn't? What guarantees can Bose give to its costumers? 

Thanks again!

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

@zpedrop, thanks for your question. As mentioned, this type of investigation can take some time (but not necessarily!) and it is too early to be able to put any sort of time frame on it. We will let you know as soon as we hear, but I would like to confirm that Bose stands by its products and its customers and our aim is to ensure that you can fully enjoy your headphones, for as long as possible.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

• Bose product model: NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Random problem. It can happen during a Windows Teams call with both devices connected
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909
Bluetooth 4.2 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth ac 8260 - Drive version: 21.70.0.3
Android 10 - Bluetooth 5
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
It was happen sometime with previous firmware version. Now it happened more often
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.
Disconnecting phone the stutter end

abkosar88
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting iphone 11 promax

@vikasshankarYes it does happen at that scenario. But it also happens at various combinations such as:

• When I'm only connected to my iPhone and listening music on Spotify.
  • When I'm connected to my iPhone and laptop listening music on laptop
  • When I'm only connected to my iPhone (or my laptop) and doing a Skype/Zoom/Teams call.

That's good to hear they solved it for NC700, maybe it'll get solved with the next firmware update for QC35ii.

But it's pretty annoying that a $300 headphone does this. I have a $40 heaadphone when I use during workouts, it can also connect to two devices and something like this never happened. Of course the sound quality and noise cancelling is nowhere near Bose that's why I have these but this is pretty annoying.

alaaf
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

• Bose product model - Bose NC 700 headphones
  • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - Version 3.3.4
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Connected to iPhone X and AppleTV. Watching on AppleTV makes the sound stutter every 2-3 minutes. I have no problems on the iPhone.
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? It first occured after installing the latest firmware update, I had no issue before with the older firmware.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) AppleTV on tvOS 13.4 (17L256)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I experience it when I watch Netflix, Prime, Disney+ on the AppleTV, this always used to work correctly (also on my QC35)
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. - I reset my headphones according to the instructions in the post, cleared my bluetooth connections, restarted iPhone and AppleTV. After resetting the headphones the stutter seems to be gone for about an hour, then it returns again.
dkasahara
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I updated the firmware of my QC35 and got the same issue right after when using my MacBook Air but not when using my Bose headset with my iPhone. Perhaps, Bose should investigate this issue by the latest firmware. I am wondering how to downgrade the firmware of my headset to fix the problem.

Thanks