Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I am facing the same issue as others and tired the troubleshooting steps, it doesnt work. I am likely to return these headphones . How soon can you fix this issue? It has been a while already. 

• Bose product model: Bose NC 700 HP
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Well I've had my NC700 for a week - I have the issue with battery life but just now is the first time I have the intermittent stutter. Here's my setup. 

BC700 connected to my Pixel2 and Macbook Pro running Bootcamp (Windows 10). Yesterday everything worked fine. Streaming music via Spotify on MacBook, even without any music on, I'm hearing a constant "clipping" sound. Noise cancellation was off. Enabled didn't make a difference. Then I started playing music from my Pixel2 (Spotify too) and the sound is totally fine. Could this a Windows issue? Tested other apps on Windows and same clipping issue. I cannot compare my experience prior to firmware update as I just got my NC700 and updated while setting them up. 

• Bose product model: NC700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: see above
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? First time today. 
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9): See above
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? See above
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. See above. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2020

I followed your instructions to restart my headphones and now I cannot get them to turn back on. What should I do?

Thanks

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

press and hold the power button and then plug the type-C cable to power up the headphones. it should work. I experienced that too and fixed with this method. 

this shutter sound is very annoying. I have other much cheaper brand headphones and no issue with multi-point connection. Bose should commit to users when this can get fixed. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

the response is very slow and no solution to this issue so far. Very disappointing! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2020

NC700 Headphones (Manufactured October 8, 2019)

Bose Music v. 3.3.4

Firmware v. 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

(iPhone Xs Max, iOS 13.5)

(16" MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.15.5)

Started encountering the stuttering after latest firmware update. It would ocassionally stutter previous to this version, but very tolerable/infrequent. Now it's constant and unuseable. I've done all of the troubleshooting steps you've suggested including resetting the headphones, resetting paired devices, removed the device in Bluetooth from all of my devices, reinstalled Bose Music. The issue persist.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Never mind. The stutter has returned and is stubborn as ever.

I primarily use my Bose NC 700 Headphones at my computer desk. They are usually connected to my 2018 Mac mini and my iPhone X.

Original Desk Setup

• 2018 Mac mini with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
  • Mac mini is connected to LG 32" 4K monitor connected from Thunderbolt 3 out to DisplayPort in
  • Mac mini positioned beneath monitor at left (when I'm looking at it)
  • Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse connected via Unifying Connector (not Bluetooth)

Nearby Equipment

• iPhone X with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
  • No-name wireless charger used to charge iPhone X
  • USB-A hub connected to Mac mini with Logitech webcam and Seagate external drive attached
  • Dell laptop connected to LG monitor via Dell dock's HDMI out to HDMI in
  • 2015 MacBook Pro 13" with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
  • iPhone 6s with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled

Stutter was frequent in headphones when playing audio from Mac mini. No stutter when playing audio from iPhone X.

Changes that Improved Performance

• Mac mini standing on its side behind LG monitor positioned to left side (when I'm looking at it)
  • Turn off Bluetooth on iPhone X

Stutter very rarely occurs when playing audio from Mac mini (but it DOES still occur).

Bonus Apple Watch Tip: Standing Mac mini on its side and behind monitor allows Apple Watch to unlock the Mac mini much more reliably. I found that the LG monitor frequently prevented the Apple Watch from unlocking the Mac mini almost anywhere when near the monitor. Since placing the Mac mini on its side, the issue seems to be resolved.

I am continuing to test this setup. Will update as necessary.

My History with Bose NC 700 Stuttering

I have been living with the stutter for as long as I have had the Bose NC 700s. I have the impression that the stuttering might have gotten considerably worse since Feb/March 2020 to present (end of May 2020). I updated firmware at least two times with no improvement. I even arranged warranty replacement at the end of April 2020, and the replacement arrived and immediately stuttered. I have scoured the web and YouTube researching and testing many setups to identify the source of the issue. I have my fingers crossed that the iPhone X's Bluetooth has been causing most of the interference. I also hope that a Bose firmware update can resolve this interference.

Thank you all for your contributions to this forum. It has helped me troubleshoot more setups. I hope this helps others get a step closer to resolving their stuttering headphones.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Stutter Sound - Random Inability To Connect - Multiple devices

I have been having problems with these headphones since I bought them.  Initially, I felt, ok, let them have some time, they were brand new.

I have now had 2 firmware updates, and yet, still the same problems (if not worse).

I have completely reset them multiple times.

Currently, I have these issues.

1) The work fine from my Samsung S9 Plus

2) If I add a new device (because the randomly stopped connecting on my PC), the sound is garbled on the PC (Windows 10, i7 processor, 32GB ram )

3) The PC randomly disconnects

I have read through the forums and have (multiple times) gone through all of the steps (reset, re-pair to PC, etc.)

I have been a long time Bose supporter (had a soundbar, QC25, QC35 and now 700), but these headphones are the worst product I have ever owned from you. When they work they are awesome, but the amount of time/effort I have had to spend troubleshooting is unforgivable.

Please, either come up with a solution soon or tell me how I can get my money back and i will send you these back.  I don't have the patience to spend any more time on this.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I do see a lot of people are encountering this stutter issue including me. A lot of discussions are regarding analyzing this issue and implementing workarounds but no luck so far.

I do believe that without new FW update, this issue will persist still. Actually, to be more direct, we are buying a product not an engineering prototype.  I do like this product. but I can't accept this issue remained for so long. Can Bose tell us if you plan to fix it and a schedule plan? 

Btw, if you connect 700NC with both phone and laptop, and then adjust the volume from laptop, you will easily hear the sound noise clearly. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version: 3.3.4 (iOS)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Works just like everyone says. If I'm connected via bluetooth to multiple devices, the sound stutters every 1-1.5 minutes (sometimes more). My 2 devices are an iPhone XS and a 2017 MacBook Pro. It does not happen, when I shut off bluetooth on my iPhone. (My Mac is the main device I use with the headphones).
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? started with latest firmware update. Happens when connected to computer and phone at same time. Stuttering is very bad on some meetings for work and headphones are basically unusable. Please fix ASAP
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? Android phone, Samsung S20 running Android 10. Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.17763
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Latest Bose firmware update.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any: Followed all your steps. Rebooted everything multiple times.