Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I tried everything suggested, reset, remove all bluetooth links and re-setup everything. Have latest firmware but the bluetooth stutter remains. I decided to return the headphones. Pity, I really wanted to like the Bose700 and loved the design. Will go back to my old Sony's since these worked flawless.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I don’t understand why Bose can’t come up with a plan/solution to keep the customers who already bought 700NC. Particularly, a lot of users already reported this issue for a while. I liked Bose and this is my first wireless headphones from Bose. It’s disappointing. I think Bose really needs to take action proactively and update us the latest status. 

any luck?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Bose Product Model: Bose NC 700 Headphones (079616Y92270002AE)

Bose Product firmware version: 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd

Bose app version: Version 3.3.4

Description of the issue and the steps to reproduce:

The headphones work fine for a bit but as soon as another device automatically connects they start to stutter as if the connection is not stable, and even when i disconnect  the second device it carries on stuttering. This is when i have to either turn them off for a while and hope they don't stutter again or i have to reset everything again. The headphones then work again for a bit but then seems to go back to stuttering again. I have tried the all the steps recommended in removing all devices, shutting down the phone, resetting and reconnecting etc twice but the headphones still stutter. 

Where and when did it first occur? Where do you run into the issue?

The stuttering started a while back maybe 1/2 months ago - cant be exact and i have tried contacting support via whatsapp but no one came back to me. I thought in the beginning it was something to do with my phone and the connection but realise now that is not the issue. The issue always seems to occur when a second device is connected. When it just has one device the headphones play with no problems.

What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?

LG G4 phone 

Surface Pro 4 Laptop

Huwawei P10 Lite

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

My headphones worked fine before they started to stutter. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects?

I did the recommended steps as in the message posted online, 

Lead Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. We appreciate the details!

To keep everyone updated, we have escalated this issue to the engineering team and it is being investigated.  Please continue to provide the information requested in the original post and we will provide an update once we have more details.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

same here. i just bought them and automatically updated to the latest firmware. Battery shows 7 hours and every 2 - 5 minutes i hear some stuttering, like an interference in the connection. Is there any way to rollback this update? or test a new firmware even if it is in a beta stage? 

guys.. these are a brand new and expensive pair of headphones. They should not have any issues. This things will affect bose as a brand. 

• Bose 700
• firmware 1.4.12 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6mcwszi209hhb7/Screenshot_20200530-011735_Bose%20Music.jpg?dl=0)
• bose app 3.3.4 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ggknah18l9wytq/Screenshot_20200530-011812_Bose%20Music.jpg?dl=0)
• every 2-5 minutes i hear like an interference or stuttering. this is completely random.
•i have connected these headphones to a samsung s10 and a macbook pro. Playing tidal, youtube (chrome) or spotify on both laptop and smartphone the issue is there. Headphones are brand new. As the firmware update is automatic this issue has been there since the beginning (less than 5 hours ago since i bought them)
• samsung s10 android 10. macbook pro 2017 macos mojave 10.14.6
• these headphones have 5 hours long....
• i've done every troubleshooting step. cleared devices list, delete the device from mac and android and reset device pressing the power button while connecting the charger.

please fix this as soon as possible... i have spent a lot of money on these headphones thinking they were premium. also thinking bose was a premium brand...

Thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

QCII stutters when connected to two devices.

Device #1:  windows 10 home (main listening device).

Device #2:  android phone

What seems to be happening:

- Main play device #1 connection is fine.

- "Background device #2" -- phone is not playing music but if far away then the weak bluetooth connection is causing interference and popping in headphones.

As others have mentioned a workaround is to connect to only 1 device.  Waiting for firmware update.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I have the Bose NC700 for almost 2 weeks now. Sound, fit, NC and microphone are all nice. But I am experiencing 3 problems:

- the crackling sound that this topic is about

- fully charged (overnight) the headphones only charge up to 13 hours

- since yesterday (when I again went through the steps given by Bose to solve this problem) the headphones no longer connect to the Bose Music app.

So it it pretty clear that I am not satisfied as this is a brand new product that has been on the market for over a year, so there has been time to fix things through updates. 

Bose NC700
• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12
• Bose app version: 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce. 

- crackling sound: happens every 1 or 2 minutes.

- charging: a full charge only charges up to 13 hours.

- connection to Bose Music app: I have to delete and re-install the app to connect again.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

- crackling sound happens when I listen to music on the Macbook (and being connected to the iPhone as well). I don't experience the problem when listening to music on the iPhone (and being connected to the Macbook). But it's annoying because I bought these headphones exactly for being connected to both devices at the same time, and the Macbook being my main source for sound. 

- charging: charging them fully seemed not possible. So I charged them overnight to see what would happen > still only charging up to 13 hours. 

- connection to Bose Music app: this worked well out of the box for the first 10 days. But since going through the steps to solve the crackling problem this was a new problem. The headphones were connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth. In the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone I could see the connection. But the Bose Music app could not find the headphones. The app showed 4 possible solutions/problems, but none were of any relevance. I had done everything correctly (charged, no wires, close distance to device,...). 
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? Apple MacBook Pro 2017 (10.15.4) and iPhone X (13.4.1).
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

- crackling sound: I don't remember having this problem when I first used the headphones 2 weeks ago. But after installing the update after a couple of days, the crackling sound became very clear every 1 or 1,5 minutes or so. I have gone through all of Bose's steps multiple times and the problem has NOT been solved. It is still very annoying. 

- charging: been like this since I have them

- connection to Bose Music app: worked fine in the beginning. Started being a problem yesterday and today. Solved by deleting the app and re-installing the app. But I hope this does not happen again. As deleting and re-installing apps is not my way to solve things. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

• Bose product model: NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

IMG_B53690B06396-1.jpeg

• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

- There is a stutter when connected to my laptop (MacBook Air) and my phone (iPhone XR), every minute or two it will stutter/skip like it has a poor connection. I followed all of these troubleshooting steps multiple times but they didn't work.

- Also when connected to my MacBook Air and using facetime, the microphone doesn't work, and the person on the other end of the call reports my audio coming through as robotic/being unable to hear me.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

- First noticed it after the firmware update, so about two weeks ago.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

- Spotify, FaceTime, Netflix, my online lectures for school, Zoom, all on my MacBook Air (macOS Catalina 10.15.5)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

- I first experienced the issue about two weeks ago after the firmware update. I had no issues before the update. I've only had the headphones since April 22, but they worked great until the last update.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

- I did the recommended troubleshooting steps listed here (resetting headphones, clearing bluetooth history, removing from devices, restarting phone). I have done the steps three times and it has not worked. 

These are expensive headphones and these issues have been going for weeks, there should be an actual fix for these problems from Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

I just bought the 700 and I got the firmware update after installing the app and the headphones. I decide to return the headphones to Amazon since I was not able to have a regular conversation in Zoom. They could not hear me well, my voice was disconnected intermitenten when I was talking. I got a new pair, but guess what. The problem persist. I do not know if I should return the new pair, but it seems that the problem is the firmware update I got! I have three weeks more in order to return the headphones. I hope a new firmware will come up before that time. I have many headphones from Bose and I have never had this kind of problem with any of them. Hope thing can be fixed soon. They are expensive and we expect a high quality for this company. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version: 3.3.4 (iOS)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: The issue seems to happen when I am listening to my Windows 10 computer, it only stutters when listening to that device, it may take 2 minutes for the stuttering to appear, or maybe 10, it is always different but it always shows up. I've connected these NC700s to other devices and I have yet to experience stuttering with other devices. This did not happen before, only after updating the firmware recently.
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? The day I updated to the new firmware.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? Windows 10 Latest (1909 (2))
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Before the update, it would begin to stutter during first boot-up of device, however, I could easily restart the device and it would work flawlessly until I messed with the pairings. An inconvenience I was willing to deal with because I could go days without experiencing any stutter at startup. (Even though it should not be acceptable for the price we've paid for these) Again, this only occurred on my windows 10 computer and none of my other devices.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any: Windows updates, driver updates (which there were none)