Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version: 3.3.4 (Andriod, OnePlus 7T Pro)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Connecting to both my Windows 10 Pro computer and my Android phone, there are suttering, sound disappearing, connection dropping and even headphones restarting when I turn them on (after like a minute or so). They also can't charge above 17 hours apparently.
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? The day I updated to the new firmware.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? Windows 10 Pro and Android 10, running OxygenOS
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Before the update I had no bigger problems. Only thing I can think of is when I got a messenger (FB) notification, it just cut the sound out if I was in say a meeting or something on the computer. It would just go dead silent, and (I guess) after the notification was done the sound came back.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any: Windows updates, driver updates, trying to reset the headphones (causing them to one time refuse to start up again, but managed to get them working again after that with the "reset" trick again). Cleared bluetooth devices (phone, computer, and headphones).

This is just amazingly annoying. They worked fine before the update, but now I might as well just a regular pair of headphones... I feel kind of cheated 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Dear Bose,

Please read this post! In fact, please read all of these posts!

This is my second post to this thread. Earlier, I thought I might have discovered the interference source, but the joy was short-lived.

As of June 2, 2020, my headphones firmware and iOS app are updated.

Here's my consistent symptoms: The Bose NC 700 headphones only stutter when connected to my 2018 Mac mini. When connected to my iPhone X, the NC 700 performs perfectly.

I have moved the Mac mini to several different locations at my work desk. Behind the monitor. Under the monitor. In front of the monitor. I have even tested the Mac within 24 inches of the headphones with nothing between them. I've moved other Bluetooth enabled devices away or turned off Bluetooth. I've reset the headphones more times than I can count. In all tests the stuttering persists.

Meanwhile, the iPhone X performs perfectly. I have even placed my iPhone X on top of my Mac mini while they were located behind the monitor. I listened for hours, and it was crystal clear.

Both the Mac and the iPhone have Bluetooth 5 if that information is valuable.

Please, Bose, figure this out. $400 headphones should be able to utilize Bluetooth connections in complex environments.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

• Bose product model: Bose Headphones 700
• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12
• Bose app version: 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Step 1: Establish a multipoint connection

variation 1: 2017 iMac + Pixel 3 XL

variation 2: 2018 Macbook Pro + Pixel 3 XL

Step 2: Stream music from play.google.com/music using the computer

Expected: smooth, crackle-free music

Observed: cracking in the headphones every few minutes

If I disconnect the headphones from the Pixel 3 XL, so that it is no longer a multipoint connection, the cracking goes away.

Note that the opposite, streaming music from the phone while also connected to the computer, works fine.

• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

I've only had the headphones a few weeks and it has always happened.

• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?

Computers are on MacOS 10.15.4 and Pixel 3 XL is on Android 10

• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I've always had trouble with multipoint connections

• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

Yes, I have tried the various resets, reboots, and restablishing bluetooth pairing.  Nothing has helped, except for disconnecting from the phone

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

• Product: Bose NC 700 Headphones
  • Firmware: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Connected to: iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.6, iPad 7 iOS 13.4.1

Stuttering started exactly after the firmware update, wasn’t happening before. Performed all suggested steps, no improvement. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

This is a totally unacceptable response from Bose. This issue is serious, it majorly affects product performance, inconveniences customers and damages Bose's reputation and brand.  So I would at least expect an apology from Bose, explaining that that Bose engineers didn't test properly and screwed up the firmware update (again).  Secondly, a reassurance that Bose are working hard to fix the issue would not go amiss.  Sort yourselves out.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I have contacted Bose customer service via phone, facebook, text, etc. no resolution still. they just said they are looking into it. it's not good for such high quality brand company. Can you Bose tell us what is your plan to fix it? thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

This stuttering problem has persisted for me after I tried your solution above. Here's the information you requested:

Bose product model: Bose Noise Cancelling 700
Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.412-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Play any streaming audio or video on either my phone or computer while also connected to the other.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? I first noticed it while watching the Mandalorian on Disney+ a few weeks ago. I was at home in bed.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9): iPhone 8 on iOS 13.4.1 and 13" MacBook Pro Retina (early-2015) on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5.
When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I first noticed it a few weeks ago, largely because I was missing chunks of dialog from a television show I was streaming on my computer. I have since experienced it while listening to podcasts, music, and meditations.  I can't say for sure whether it worked correctly previously.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. I followed the directions provided in the sticky post on this thread. I wasn't sure if the headphones were supposed to be off before I simultaneously plugged them in to my computer and held their power button, nor was I sure just how simultaneous the plugging and pressing had to be. The Bluetooth light flashed almost immediately in the cases where it flashed at all. So I tried that maneuver in many different ways. I removed the headphones from the bluetooth memory on both my computer and my phone. I also performed a "debug" operation on the bluetooth on my computer, on the advice of a redditor. I restarted both my phone and computer. I also cleared the bluetooth list from the headphones. Finally, I set them up with Bose Music from scratch.

I've done the whole sequence around five times. There has been no change. Or rather, the only change is that I can no longer play audio from both of my devices at once. I like playing music in the background while video chatting with my colleagues. I could definitely do that before this update.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Having cracking Noises  all the time !!!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

seriously? still no response or a schedule plan to fix it?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Hello

My bose 700 headphones randomly restarts making a static noise. It happening more frequently.
Also I can only charge it to 14 hours not 20 hours.

Please help.

-Krishna