Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi, I've been suffering multiple problems with the latest update. It includes

1)  Random reboot with a cracking sound

2) Stutterring and cut off of sound when connected to multiple devices

3) Bluetooth connectivity issue (reconnect without reboot) 

I've tried to return the product, and according to the Korean support center, It is NORMAL  to have stuttering and cut off on Bluetooth devices and they were not able to reproduce the problems. Hence they won't replace my product.

This means I have a $400 worth of garbage right now, and there is no other help I can ask for from BOSE. This cannot be a customer service you promise to your end-users.

I do have a few recordings of the problem but the center will not take them as evidence of the problem. like, there is literally nothing, I could do if they decide to turn a blind eye on these problems. Please, help the customers in South Korea! 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Any news? Did you find the bug? On the battery level thread you told us the issue had been found so you don't need more info about that issue. But here you haven't said that. So.. have you found the problem or more info is needed??

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

I'm facing the issue ever since I moved to the latest firmware:

• Bose product model

Bose NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Connect to multiple devices, play video and I can hear the stutter (like a faint disconnect followed by a connect) every minute or so.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Occurs when playing videos/audio with Netflix/Youtube/Spotify/Local files. Started occurring after the firmware update.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

iPhone Xs Max on iOS 13.4.1

Macbook Pro on MacOS 10.14.16 /10.15.5
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

After the firmware upgrade. Worked fine earlier.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and efforts, if any.

Tried all that was suggested - cleared bluetooth list, connected power cable as suggested.

This experience is pretty bad and nearly unusable. I don't mind sacrificing the equalizer and going back to the previous firmware. Is there a supported way of doing that?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Hi,

I have the same problem since you pushed this update. My headphones were working perfectly and now this stutter it's driving me crazy, especially because these are very expensive headphones. 

I have performed this many times, and the stutter continues in my Macbook air if connected to my iPhone as well. I tried it without being connected to it and the stutter seems to be gone. 

Please can you try to find a solution to this as soon as posible?

I chose these headphones so that I can be connected to multiple devices with no issues. 

Update: now even though they are disconnected from the iPhone they have started with stutter again. You need to fix this, what a disappointment these NC700 headphones have become. I might as well flush 400 EUR down the drain, it feels the same way. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

It's so disappointing that I just returned the headphone.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi Bose, again, when do you plan to release the new FW to fix the battery report issue and Multi-connection shutter issue? 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

I can confirm I have been having this issue before the latest firmware too. Upgraded to the newest firmware in hopes this was fixed but was heavily disappointed when it bricked my headphones now it just flashes red and white.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@user0610a20 firmware 1.4.12 bricked your 700? Or was a newer firmware?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

For what it's worth, I was able to use my Headphones 700 reliably with a Macbook Pro by purchasing a a USB bluetooth audio adapter, e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3CBZZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now everything works great.  My headphones can connect to both my phone and the Avantree adapter with no pops or reliability problems.

Clearly not a perfect solution as it costs $35 and uses a USB port.  But if you're at your wits' end trying to get your expensive headphones to work, this will probably solve your problem.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

@Justin7 

Funny enough, there was a post, saying NC700 works on specific dongles only. You can check here

It would be funny if $400 headphone has a connect issue depending on Bluetooth chipsets, although even writing it down sounds ridiculous. For now, I think dongles with bcm20702 and csr8670 chipsets work as intended if anyone is interested. 

But at the same time, if all this were chipset dependent issues (again, sounds stupid!), it wouldn't and should never take four weeks to reproduce the problem, which they have not for the last four weeks. (Plus, if this were the case, they should absolutely ask about Bluetooth chipsets people are currently using, not useless information on the first post.)