Jun 2, 2020
For what it's worth, I was able to use my Headphones 700 reliably with a Macbook Pro by purchasing a a USB bluetooth audio adapter, e.g.
Now everything works great. My headphones can connect to both my phone and the Avantree adapter with no pops or reliability problems.
Clearly not a perfect solution as it costs $35 and uses a USB port. But if you're at your wits' end trying to get your expensive headphones to work, this will probably solve your problem.
Funny enough, there was a post, saying NC700 works on specific dongles only. You can check here.
It would be funny if $400 headphone has a connect issue depending on Bluetooth chipsets, although even writing it down sounds ridiculous. For now, I think dongles with bcm20702 and csr8670 chipsets work as intended if anyone is interested.
But at the same time, if all this were chipset dependent issues (again, sounds stupid!), it wouldn't and should never take four weeks to reproduce the problem, which they have not for the last four weeks. (Plus, if this were the case, they should absolutely ask about Bluetooth chipsets people are currently using, not useless information on the first post.)
Thats a good suggestion. But its annoying after spending $400 to add a third party device to make this device work seamlessly.
May 15, 2020
if this is really chipset compatibility issue, then Bose may need to recall this product. It doesn't make sense if BLE has to pair with particular chipset. I saw Bose released a new version of App but still no update for the new FW release schedule. Bose, are you really giving up your royal customers? what's your plan to fix it?
I am facing this stuttering issue since last few weeks. I use to ignore until this point where it became very annoying for me. I tried all the solutions mentioned by Bose in the thread but nothing worked.
Here are the details
Bose product model - BOSE NC700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - 3.4.1
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Connect to iphone and Mac book pro and you will experience this often while streaming from your iphone.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
This occurs when I am primarily listening to songs in my iphone. I do not have anything streaming from Mac book Pro. My iphone version is iphoneXS Max and Mac book Pro 2018 version.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - ios version 13.5, Mac os - Catalina - 10.15.4
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
Yes. I think it used to work previously when I initially bough the headphones in dec 2019. Probably I started expeiencing this after the firmware updates.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. - The only option is to completely disconnect from my Mac book and I dont see this issue. But I dont have any issue with Airpods pro which I connect to both these devices.
Please resolve this soon. This is quite frustrating and this is my first Bose Product. Please do not make me hate Bose. I have a very good impression about Bose systems and their sound quality. I am little disappointed with this issue after spending $400.
Jun 10, 2020
For me, the update on 1.4.12 Firmware FIXED the stutter-issue which I had heavily before with the older firmware when connecting multiple devices!
Right now I´ve successfully connected a Pixel4 and Lenovo T480s Laptop WITHOUT problems. So this must be an issue specific to certain devices. Not any stutter in that configuration.
With the old firmware connecting multiple devices was not really usable, now I´m happy!
My hope is, that stutter will not return with the next firmware update with changes for the remaining problems.
Jun 10, 2020
Hello -- I am having this problem across multiple devices, one of which is a brand new computer.
• Bose product model - Bose NC 700 Headphones
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) -
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - listen to Music on MBP (2 different MBPs), music stutters
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - it has been happening for multiple weeks. I'm not sure when it first occurred.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - MBP, 10.15.5, fully updated, playing Spotify
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? - I am not sure. I just bought them around the time of the firmware update.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effetcs, if any. - All of the ones you have listed; I also coincidentally bought a new computer and that didn't work either.
After some weeks of test I agree that a potential solution is to buy a USB Bluetooth dongle. Personally I believe that the problem is due to mixing of Bluetooth versions, not a chipset compatibility. In my phone I have Bluetooth 5.0 and after adding a Bluetooth 5.0 in my laptop now the problem is disappeared.
In general it's not the first time that I see this compatibility issue with different protocol version. For this a simple solution for Bose is to say clearly that you must use the same protocol version on both devices. Adding an official Bose dongle don't solve the problem, because there's no way for Bose to control the Bluetooth version phone side.
Currently the dongles people had a success with, was mainly bluetooth 4.2 dongles.
Regardlessly, I can report that the headphone did not work on ac9260.
As I said if the problem was this simple, it wouldn't have taken so long to have an update on this subject. 😞
What Bluetooth version phone side did you use coupled with ac9260?
In previous posts no one has provided the Bluetooth version phone side (at least the ones I read).
If the phone use 4.x version and you are coupling it with a dongle 4.x this maybe solve the puzzle.
I said maybe because I'm not sure that this is the solution. I have only provide my experience that is: phone with BT 5.0 and Dongle BT 5.0 it works.
Just to give a complete picture, I am one of those who had problems with the previous firmware version but I never tested a dongle before with that version.
Unfortunately we are all in the same boat.