amar85
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I am sticking with Firmware version 1.1.4.1144+be3bf4b and is no longer giving me stutter sound or any other issues with multiple devices connected. even the battery is giving me proper 20+ hours message with full charge. 

so far staying with initial firmware has proven successful. as usual the Bose Music app started downloading updates and i just deleted the app. life is better now without this app. i will attempt upgrade only when new firmwares are released and valuable forum members give thumps up! 

gjmulhol
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Sony is apparently releasing their new competitor to the Bose 700 next week (or at least by the end of the month). Given that I have owned these for ~2 months and haven't had a single day of proper function, that is my deadline for a return. I would like to stick with the product I bought, but I have decided to go with whichever company can get me a functioning set of headphones sooner: Bose with a functional firmware update or Sony with an entirely new product release. I just thought the other frustrated folks within their warranty window and return window would be interested to know that another option is on the way very soon.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

So my NC 700 headphones had battery issue and also stuttering issue as I had written in my previous reply. Upon contacting Bose, I had my headphones replaced as the 5 month old headphones had  only 13 hours of battery life.

However, the stuttering issue still exists with the brand NEW headphones.

This issue seems to persist across various Bose headphones. I have seen multiple posts of the same issue. Also it has been more than a month since the last firmware update and the issue has still not been fixed. I am thoroughly disappointed with Bose. 

mikerisner
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Like vineethpbharadwaj, I invested a week and a half without my Bose 700 headphones to replace them under warranty. Disappointingly, it did not resolve the stutter. The new headphones also seem to top out at 13 hours (onboard audio and iOS app report this). Shrug.

I love the sound and noise cancellation, but when it comes time to buy another higher-end audio product, I'm not sure I will prefer Bose.

cherub
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Like many i have been having issues with stutter, i have only had had phones for two weeks and was disappointed with the issue.

I had to replace my phone yesterday due to breakage and the issue with stutter has disappeared, I was using an iphone 7 and have replaced with an android oppo

mikerisner
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Reading cherub's reply reminded me that I suspect the stutter is a Bluetooth chipset issue. My Mac mini is the only device that stutters in the Bose 700 headphones. My iPhone X always has a rock-solid and clear connection.

Of course, I'm no engineer 🙂

DuncsNZ
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Hi Anne,

It doesn't appear this issue is being addressed urgently. It is now 22.06.20 and this issue was initially raised prior to your first post on 14.05.20. This matter is clearly not being either taken seriously enough or your team is inadequate in solving technical matters in a timely manner.

As we are yet to receive an update for over a week and we have paid for a high-end headphone product from you without any resolution you leave us with no choice but for the matter to be raised publicly. I will be writing to my national news outlet to explain the poor customer service provided by BOSE for their latest set of headphones.  Further to this, they have more than likely left over 10,000 customers in the dark with how these are to be repaired or replaced.

I hope your team is able to resolve the issue soon, but for now a lot customers are without the use of their 700NC headphones, and without providing an alternative option I trust customers will now make a better decision when choosing headphones in the future, as this has tarnished the BOSE brand.

Regards,

vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi @DuncsNZ 

I am totally with you on this. It has been more than a month and the issue still exists and not being taken too seriously.

I would have at least expected a rollback on the firmware to the stable version when such a huge user-base in affected by it. I would rather prefer a stutter-free music experience than having an equalizer support.

I have also seen this issue to be common across other Bose headphones too and yet Bose seems to be selling the headphones without fixing it. I have already had my headphones replaced twice for various reason and even the new replacement which is less than a week old too is just horrible.

@Anne_SI would highly appreciate any kind of update from you regarding this issue.

Faris99
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

After trying everything on this forum, the stutter persists.

I am returning my NC700.   

As an owner of all headphone in the QC series, this saddens me. 

Good luck to others hope it gets fixed. 

TallKewlOnez
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Note to Everyone with this problem.  Unless you return the headphones within 3 months of purchase,  Bose (or BestBuy) will not take them back.   If you are thinking of returning, do it ASAP.  I tried to return mine and was told NO.

Now I have a 500 CAD paperweight.