Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

So my NC 700 headphones had battery issue and also stuttering issue as I had written in my previous reply. Upon contacting Bose, I had my headphones replaced as the 5 month old headphones had  only 13 hours of battery life.

However, the stuttering issue still exists with the brand NEW headphones.

This issue seems to persist across various Bose headphones. I have seen multiple posts of the same issue. Also it has been more than a month since the last firmware update and the issue has still not been fixed. I am thoroughly disappointed with Bose. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Like vineethpbharadwaj, I invested a week and a half without my Bose 700 headphones to replace them under warranty. Disappointingly, it did not resolve the stutter. The new headphones also seem to top out at 13 hours (onboard audio and iOS app report this). Shrug.

I love the sound and noise cancellation, but when it comes time to buy another higher-end audio product, I'm not sure I will prefer Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Like many i have been having issues with stutter, i have only had had phones for two weeks and was disappointed with the issue.

I had to replace my phone yesterday due to breakage and the issue with stutter has disappeared, I was using an iphone 7 and have replaced with an android oppo

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Reading cherub's reply reminded me that I suspect the stutter is a Bluetooth chipset issue. My Mac mini is the only device that stutters in the Bose 700 headphones. My iPhone X always has a rock-solid and clear connection.

Of course, I'm no engineer 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Hi Anne,

It doesn't appear this issue is being addressed urgently. It is now 22.06.20 and this issue was initially raised prior to your first post on 14.05.20. This matter is clearly not being either taken seriously enough or your team is inadequate in solving technical matters in a timely manner.

As we are yet to receive an update for over a week and we have paid for a high-end headphone product from you without any resolution you leave us with no choice but for the matter to be raised publicly. I will be writing to my national news outlet to explain the poor customer service provided by BOSE for their latest set of headphones.  Further to this, they have more than likely left over 10,000 customers in the dark with how these are to be repaired or replaced.

I hope your team is able to resolve the issue soon, but for now a lot customers are without the use of their 700NC headphones, and without providing an alternative option I trust customers will now make a better decision when choosing headphones in the future, as this has tarnished the BOSE brand.

Regards,

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi @DuncsNZ 

I am totally with you on this. It has been more than a month and the issue still exists and not being taken too seriously.

I would have at least expected a rollback on the firmware to the stable version when such a huge user-base in affected by it. I would rather prefer a stutter-free music experience than having an equalizer support.

I have also seen this issue to be common across other Bose headphones too and yet Bose seems to be selling the headphones without fixing it. I have already had my headphones replaced twice for various reason and even the new replacement which is less than a week old too is just horrible.

@Anne_SI would highly appreciate any kind of update from you regarding this issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

After trying everything on this forum, the stutter persists.

I am returning my NC700.   

As an owner of all headphone in the QC series, this saddens me. 

Good luck to others hope it gets fixed. 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Note to Everyone with this problem.  Unless you return the headphones within 3 months of purchase,  Bose (or BestBuy) will not take them back.   If you are thinking of returning, do it ASAP.  I tried to return mine and was told NO.

Now I have a 500 CAD paperweight.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

@TallKewlOnez 

Provided you have proof of purchase the headphones should have come with a 1 year warranty. And this is to replace any fault with them, be it firmware or hardware, as the product does not perform its main purpose. Any new replaced headphone should then come with a new 1 year warranty if the product being replaced is either new or different.

If in any instance a company, be it BOSE or BestBuy, sell a product that is faulty and does not replace, repair or refund the goods for the full amount they will be in breach of your consumer protection laws and should be reported to the Department of Consumer Affairs.

However, please check with your local community law firm (which should give free advice on the matter) as this may be different between your states, and I am only from New Zealand.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

I'm running the latest app version: 3.4.1 on iOS 13.5.1.

My computer is a 2017 Macbook Pro (Model ID MacBookPro14,2) running macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and I use Apple's Magic Keyboard and Apple's Magic Mouse.

The firmware version on my NC700 headphones is 1.4.12-6283+90f658fd.

Same thing that everyone is complaining about happens to me.

On top of it, when a system alert occurs, whatever I'm listening to (call, video, audio, ANYTHING) the sound quality gets degraded to the level of a cheaper-than-dirt-mono earphone from the 80's, and after a while it 'comes back to high-quality HD sound.

I didn't expect to pocket out (I do not live in the US and EVERYTHING is more expensive here) USD $500.00 and end up with a crappy (but awesome looking) paper weight.

On top of it, I replaced a set of Beats Studio Wireless 3 (with no wireless issues whatsoever) for the so-called best-in-class wireless headset. Shame on me.

Since is not appropriate to 'properly' curse on the forum and, in the name of decency, I'm seriously thinking of returning these and run away, to jump off the nearest cliff.