Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I am getting to the end of my patience with this and Bose. I just want to sit back and enjoy my music, but it keeps cutting out and the headphones are useless. I'm going to contact my nearest Bose outlet and ask for a refund or a new pair. To be honest, Bose don't seem at all interested in fixing this issue so I would prefer a refund and I will buy the new Sony WH-1000XM4 which are due out any day soon.

I will be telling all my work colleagues and friends about this issue, about the lack of response and what a waste of money the NC700 headphones are.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@Anne_S are you still there? Just give us a date. At least an estimated date. Please..

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@bose if you don't know how to make headphones you should stop making headphones. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Does anyone know if the QC 35 II has this issue?  Would Bose allow people to exchange the 700s for the QC 35s if they're severely impacted by this problem?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Had enough. Returned my NC700 today. Will make do with a quite reasonable set of $80 cans until Sony release their next gen pair shortly.

Goodbye Bose. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I had returned mine as well. It’s so disappointing how Bose treats their clients. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I also experience this issue. This new update made it happen much more often, but it was still there in previous firmware versions as well. The salt on the wound is that the headphones automatically connect to 2 devices when they are turned on and there's no way to just connect to a single device. It's really annoying to have to disconnect from the second device when I want to be able to listen without stuttering every 20 seconds.

It is unfortunate that these high-end headphones receive so little attention and seemingly testing. I've had stuttering issues since the day I got them. When on a call, there is also lots of prominent stuttering.

• Bose product model - Bose NC 700 headphones
  • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - Version 3.4.1
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - When connected to 2 devices (which is the default) there is stuttering on the current audio stream multiple times every minute. As soon as I disconnect from the second device, the stuttering goes away.
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - I've had this issue from the moment I got the headphones when they just came out to the public. This newest firmware made it happen a lot more often but it was there previously as well.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? - iPhone 10 on latest iOS 13 together with iPad on latest iOS 13 or MacBook Pro on latest Mojave.
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? - The moment the headphones came out a year ago. It never worked perfectly when connected to 2 devices.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. - I reset my headphones according to the instructions in the post, cleared my bluetooth connections, restarted iPhone and iPad and MacBook Pro. After resetting, the stutter is still there.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Chiming in to report I have the same issue with a release date NC700.

I only just started to notice in the past few days as I've been on my laptop and listening to music via Apple Music. Other than that when I am on my iPhone I've noticed the stutter a lot but figured it was a bad connection or me doing something on my iPhone.

Hmm, this is really disappointing as I also have issues with the Soundbar 700 and it seems to be update after update fixing one thing but breaking another. This stutter makes the headphone 100% useless when trying to listen to music.

My steps/situation/firmware is exactly the same as the others.

I don't know what other options I have as my headset is about a year old now. Really disappointed...

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

it's been 1 and a half months. I think it is time to ask this. @bose @Anne_S I bought my bose 700 on amazon Spain. I want YOU to replace my defective bose 700 to some other no defective pair with the same or better characteristics, for example, the sony wh1000xm3, or if it has been released by the time you read this, the xm4. It is just embarrassing for your brand to release a defective firmware which affects all your bose 700 and do NOTHING to resolve it. Not just that, you don't give dates, you said you will prioritize this issue and, right now, what's the result? You haven't done ANYTHING for us. you have buried the BOSE brand. I've spent 300€ on your faulty headphones. WE DON'T DESERVE THIS, @bose. WE PAY YOUR SALARY BY BUYING YOUR OVERPRICED AND FAULTY HEADPHONES. AT LEAST YOU OWE US AN EXPLANATION.  (contact me by private message to manage the shipping of the Sony headphones as soon as possible, thank you.) 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Have been using Bose headsets (CQ15 and CQ35) on a daily basis for 8 years straight, amazing headsets. Somehow impulsively ended up buying a Sony WH-1000XM3 and loved everything about it except that I can't connect both PC and iPhone at the same time.

So back to Bose with the 700, right?! Bought them yesterday and great headset, at least just as good. But this occasional stutter is really annoying and the only way to make it stop is disconnecting my iPhone...back to square one...

One other feature it has over the Sony is side tone, love it. Will do some more testing in the coming 2 weeks before deciding if I'll return it. It ticks all the boxes, hopefully they manage to make the connection more reliable with 2 devices connected in a next firmware update as would love to keep it. Else we might need to wait and see if the soon to be released WH-1000XM4 is able to keep two devices connected without stutter. But will it have side tone 🙂

UPDATE:

Have been playing around a bit and discovered that for me there is NO STUTTER after uninstalling the Bose Music app from my iPhone X. I can listen to music from my PC and when making/receiving calls on my iPhone it will still automatically switch to the call.

Only thing that it now lacks is when I play media like music/video/etc on my iPhone it will no longer switch to the headset. For me personally that is not the end of the world, always listen to music from my PC and only want to be able to accept calls from my phone so this might be a viable workaround for the time being. Will do some more testing.

UPDATE2:

Before you decide to uninstall Bose Music....somehow the stutters seem to be back and had to fully disconnect my iPhone to get rid of it. Very frustrating. Please fix Bose.