cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I wish we could get an update about progress debugging this issue.  What stage of the process is Bose engineering currently at?

1) attempting to reliably reproduce the issue

2) understanding the root cause of the issue

3) determining a fix for the issue

4) confirming the fix for the issue

As far as we can tell from Bose communication, they are still at (1) because they are using this thread to solicit information about the configuration of users who experience the issue.  But for an issue that is so easy to reproduce, it would be crazy to still be at (1) after over a month.

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@Anne_S @bose hello?

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hello all,

I am sorry to hear that you are all reporting the same stuttering issue and I would like to assure you that our development team is still looking into your reports. Our colleagues are hard at work, investigating the issue. Currently, I have no other information to communicate but I will update you as soon as I do.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
groov2485
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Adding to this issue - driving me mental

700 FW: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

App Version: 3.4.1

Troubleshooting: All items included in this thread.

Connected to:

Mac OS 10.15.5

iPhone X 13.5.1

Stuttering when listening to music on Mac OS only. Have tried pairing to only the computer, and same issue still happens.

Love your products, but after the disaster that was the Soundsport Free and only having calls/audio prompts in one ear and frequent disconnects, and now this with the 700's, pretty much at my witts end.

Nafaao
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Looking for any resolution to this issue as I am having it as well. 

Sarithbabu
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Hello, 

I have the same problem even after trying all the above said settings. I got my headset replaced but the new one is also having same issue while connecting to 2 bluetooth devices, stutter and Brief disconnection is still happening. Not exactly sure when that happens, it just happens time to time, we can’t just identify replaying the same song. It happens only when I connect 2 bluetooth device.

I am not sure if I still keep this device or return it back. Never expect this from a premium product.

thanks

sarith

punkportaldan
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Hi All,

The issue is getting worse for me and I am not even convinced any more that it is related to connection to two devices. I have no issue with calls but music is breaking regularly with two different PCs.

I am also thinking now of returning this as faulty, any recommendations on replacement? Should I go for the XM3 or wait for the XM4 that will have BT5 and multi-connection? 

Thanks,

Daniel

The Cyclist
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I had no issue like stutter before but now I have it and it is quite annoying. I am having it only when I use my Macbook Air 2015.

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I'm waiting for the xm4. You should do the same. Even Bose employees should do the same. 

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

The day Sony releases xm4, if this issue isn’t fixed by @bose, I will return my NC700 headphones and buy the new xm4 🙂 

I work in a software team of a product based company, and I speak from my experience that this is incredible unprofessionalism from BOSE. After seeing such poor response from Bose engineers in handling this issue, my colleagues who were planning on buying headphones, decided to either go for Sony or Microsoft surface headphones. 

This is fast becoming a textbook example of how a company shouldn’t handle an issue.