cshbicos
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi Anne,

after the 10th restart of my headphones in the last 20 minutes, I am more then willing to send you my pair in exchange for you sending me my money back.

Your engineering team will see all those beautiful issues live and in action and I can go and actually buy some headphones that allow me to professionally speak to my customers - uninterrupted.

If after almost 2 month you guys are still struggling to work this out whilest we got pages upon pages of people with these issues, I see very little hope you guys will get there in a reasonable time.

And for > AUD $450 worth of headphones - unacceptable!

Cheers,

Christoph

AlexEmashev
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Same issue with stuttering. 

Windows 10 and iPhone 8. Same Windows PC perfectly worked with Sony wh1000xm2.

Tried two spare Bluetooth dongles, same issue.

Hope for a solution.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello all,

This is an issue existing in these horrible headphones since ages.. 

Look at this thread from 2019: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Android-Bluetooth-Stutter-Bose-700-Noise-Canc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/cmad78/q_bose_headphones_700_stuttering_when_connected/

Technically it’s been more than an year and @bose has not fixed it. I’ve lost all hopes on BOSE. For a company claiming to pioneer in music products, this is very disappointing. I don’t think they’ve the competency to fix this. I am returning my headphones as soon as Sony releases their new ones. 

Goodbye Bose 🙂 

michaelcog
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hi there,

Just adding to this. I have had this issue since the update in May and it's really frustrating but I had hoped a new firmware update would have been out by now. It was working perfectly before the update.

I basically no longer use the multiple connections because it glitches so frequently. Are Bose working on any form of update to this?

I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro and iPhone Xr. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.

kmeyers5
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices (05-14-2020 01:33 PM)

The issue persists, here is the information that you would like:

• Bose product model
    • Bose NC 700 Headphones  Serial Number 079616Y91975810AE
  • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
    • 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
    • IOS 3.4.1 running on iPhone X (IOS 13.5.1)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
    • Stuttering issues when listening to music. Paired with iPhone X (IOS 13.5.1) and HP Zbook Studio G3  (Windows 10 Enterprise). Audio playing from spotify on HP Zbook Studio G3
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
    • paired to iphone and HP laptop. First started after latest NC700 firmware update
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
    • See above
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
    • See above, started after headphones firmware update. it did not occur on previous versions of firmware
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.
    • ensured bose music app is up to date and tried resetting headphones as stated in post
lcclionz
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi 

I really don't understand why you let this multi-connection issue and battery life-time prompt voice issue remain so long and you keep promoting this 700 model. are you expecting more users coming back with complains? anyway, I can't wait anymore and already return mine. so disappointing! 

wedsa5
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

I'm also having this issue since the last firmware update to 1.4.12.

I've tried reconnecting/rebooting everything with no change.

I've tried to contact @bose customer support via text and they have not responded to me.

wedsa5
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

I was told over the phone by customer support that the firmware update would be released in July or mid-August at the latest.

I guess we'll wait and see.

They were able to exchange the device for me since It was far past the return/refund date.

ducfilan
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

So much disappointed for waiting too long. 
I have just returned the product and never buy Bose again. 

groov2485
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Just a small update on my end.  Issue still continues.

Contacted Bose support via Whatsapp letting them know the steps that I did on this thread. They immediately offered to replace the headphones and send a UPS slip for me to ship them back.

While the replacement is nice, in looking at this thread, it does not seem like that will solve the issue.  I will also be without the headphones I purchased specifically for work purposes for 4-5 weeks (1-2 weeks to ship to them, then 3 weeks to ship replacements - not adding in time in customs.)

I would also caution anyone outside of the USA that is pushing for a refund.  I managed to get a refun on my SoundSport Pros because of numerous issues, they send you a cheque in USD, so you will likely lose money on the exchange rate.