Jun 2, 2020
I downgraded to 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1 and it is *much* better, although I still prefer the experience connecting only to the computer and not to the phone as well.
Even on 1.3.1 it still stutters enough with multipoint connection (MacBook + Android phone) to be annoying.
Jan 27, 2020
I am using this product since beginning of 2020. In first months everything went well except battery life. But in last months I have also faced with this music stutter and cracking problem when I connected my headphone to two mobile phones. I erased device list from headphone and then connected it only with one of my phones; that works good. But when I connected other phone again, sluttering and cracking came back. I am really nervous because the main reason of preference beside other competitor products (especially Sony wh-1000xm3) is the availablity of connection to two devices at once. Yes, this function is still working but that is not in proper way. That is so silly...
Oct 23, 2019
I also have the shutter problem on my ipad pro 11 2018 in combination with the iphone x.. It is very frustrating, the shutter ruins the hole experience with the headset.
Jan 19, 2020
How did you do it? I followed the exact procedure but when typing the a d v arrow up / down combination nothing happens
Jul 23, 2020
I wanted to toss in my 2 cents on this. I purchased my NC 700's last week on Amazon and was excited to receive them. I also urgently needed them, because my previous wired Logitech headset finally kicked the bucket after years of good use and I am doing conference calls for hours a day Mon-Fri for work. My Bose SoundSport wireless headphones were the best sports headphones I've ever owned, and I had trust in the Bose brand from years ago, so I expected the NC 700's to be no different, especially for how pricey they are. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the NC 700's - they had problems on Day 1 for me.
After using the NC 700 for only a few minutes in bluetooth mode as a headset for Microsoft Teams conference calls, I found that audio would drop entirely for at least 10 seconds at a time. It happened multiple times during a 30 minute call. I also found that when Microsoft Outlook reminders would take over all audio completely for seconds at a time - so I'd lose another 5-10 seconds there. This is unusable and disruptive for me - I need a headset that functions as advertised for 10 hours a day. Note that I did not have any problems with listening to music over bluetooth, but maybe I haven't used them long enough? But I didn't buy these for music - I bought these primarily as a wireless headset for conference calls.
Restating my main problem:
When used as a bluetooth headset, audio cancels out entirely for seconds at a time. This happens multiple times within a 30 second Microsoft Teams call. I cannot determine what triggers it - it seems random to me. This never happened with any other headset I have used - only with the Bose NC 700.
What I tried to troubleshoot:
- The bluetooth device list clearing process described in multiple posts
- First time I installed the Bose Music App version on my iPhone XSmax available in the Apple Store, second time after clearing devices, I did not use the app at all.
- Shut off all other devices around me so that it only connected to my work laptop via bluetooth
- Switched some wireless devices nearby to 5Ghz (wondering if WiFi at 2.4Ghz interferes)
- Updated my Intel Bluetooth drivers on my work laptop
- Connected the headset via hard wire to my work laptop
- I didn't do any firmware updates - none were available according to the Bose Updater
So far, the only thing that allows them to work as a headset is to hard wire them to my laptop with the included cable. This way bypasses bluetooth, so no surprise that this issue is clearly a bluetooth thing. But this is *not* a solution to me. This is a temporary workaround.
I purchased 2 bluetooth dongles that seemed to have worked in these forums. I'm going to try those as well. Also not a solution - I should have everything I need when I purchase these. If Bose provided me with a bluetooth dongle to use the headsets as advertised, I wouldn't have minded. I'll post my results with the dongles I purchased.
Bose product - NC 700 headphones/headset
Bose app version - decided against using it since my primary use for these is on my laptop.
Firmware - 1.3.1 (that's what the Bose Updater says)
Laptop - Lenovo T460s
OS - Windows 10 (10.0.16299)
Bluetooth - Intel Wireless Bluetooth with 4/2/2020 drivers (v. 184.108.40.206)
Software - mostly using Microsoft Teams
Please help Bose.
Please view this thread here for updates regarding 1.4.12 firmware update, from the time of posting this was updated on July 2nd. Please take a look at this update and follow this thread for further information.
Jul 27, 2020
I'm following the same issue.
Only difference I'm using Lenovo T470s and Samsung Galaxy S20 and problem is valid with that setup as well.
Headphones have already 1.4.12 firmware and I have tried resetting the BT connections, didn't helped.
Jul 27, 2020
I have created an account just to report this because the problems is becoming increasingly annoying and severe.
Like the others, I also experience battery drain (wasn't there before the update), robotic voice from both ends and stutter. The robotic voice and stutter issue was always there but it has become more severe after the firmware update. Before the update, I minimized the chance of robotic voice and stutter by disconnecting one of my devices, but even after disconnecting it, the problem was still present.
Could you please provide us an update / solution to this problem? Now that we are all working from home, having a good working noise cancelling headphone is key. These problems really prohibit me from having a good virtual meeting.
• Bose product model: NC700 headphones
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.4.1
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Stutter, robotic voice when connected to multiple devices or the headphone just doesn't work in Google Meet (even when I have changed the headphone settings in the Google Meet settings or leave and enter the meeting again. Google Meet do recognize the headphone as it automatically changes its audio and mic setting to the headphone). Furthermore, when listening to music on Spotify on my laptop with the headphone, the music just stops when I receive an incoming notication from Whatsapp (this wasn't the case before). Also, something that I also wanted to report on is that somehow when I am receiving a phonecall on my Iphone, it doesn't automatically let me communicate with the one calling me (eventhough I was listening on my Iphone before). I have to manually select the headphone by selecting bluetooth on the call screen. This already happened before the firmware update.
These are the device combos.
- Lenovo X1 Yoga + Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (I'll disconnect this phone when I am entering a meeting as a preventive measure against robotic voice and stuttering. It doesn't help sometimes)
- Lenovo X1 Yoga + Iphone 11 (I'll disconnect this phone when I am entering a meeting as a preventive measure against robotic voice and stuttering. It doesn't help sometimes)
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? I always had these problems since purchase but the problems are more severe after the update. Headphone is too unstable for work now.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Lenovo X1 Yoga - windows 10 enterprise 16299.1992 || Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus - newest version July 1 || Apple Iphone 11 - 13.6 --> It doesn't matter if it's multi-connected or not. It doesn't work properly for Google Meet (high priority!) and Spotify.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I always had these problems since purchase but the problems are more severe after the update.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. I performed all the steps described in the first post multiple times + now disconnect one device prior a meeting (but it really doesn't always help).
Nov 4, 2019