stilwalli
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Broken/crackling sound

I am facing the same issue. I purchased Bose 700 yesterday. Works well when just listening on my iphone. Starts cracking when my macbook is connected. I did all the steps mentioned in this thread, but still the same.

B_soB
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Bought a pair of these cans on 25/7/2020

I am on Firmware 1.1.3.1-2028+de73ce1 and can reproduce this stuttering audio issue every time when connected to my Apple TV and iPhone 11 Pro:

When watching something on my Apple TV and also connected to my iPhone, if I wake my phone (for example to reply to a message), then put the screen to sleep the audio on my Apple TV stutters.

Every time.

Suggests to me that the Bluetooth multipoint in the Bose Music App might be doing something when the iPhone goes to sleep that is buggy and causing this. 

Noctule
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@B_soB 

I just deleted the app from my phone to check .... stutter is gone. Except some small hiccups now and then, no matter what my phone does ....

mlynch
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

I would like to add my name to the others who are having problems with connecting to two devices. In my case, I just purchased the BOSE 700 headphones. I can connect to my mobile device with no problem. However, when I add my laptop (windows 10) i experience stuttering with music from my mobile device. And yes, i tried resetting and repairing many times with the problem persisting. This is unacceptable for such an expensive set of headphones, all the more so as the problem has been reported repeatedly over the past year by many others to BOSE. I would like to know if BOSE is going to find a solution or not. If no research to find a solution is pending, then I will return the headphones and try another brand. I would prefer to stick with BOSE as I am pleased with past purchases, but if no solution is being sought, then the BOSE 700 headphones become useless for my needs.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

rbaraiya
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Bose,

I have been using Bose NC 700 for a few months now. The new update did not help much with the stuttering issue. Sure, it's better than before but not completely gone. After performing the steps mentioned in the post related to resetting, and clearing memory, I can confirm that the issue still exists. Please find additional details as requested:

• Bose product model

Bose NC 700

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

3.4.1 (Latest available on Play Store)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Devices: OnePlus 6, Dell Latitude 5590 (Office Laptop), Amazon 4K Fire TV stick, Dell Alienware M15 R3 (Personal Laptop)

I have seen random stutters occurring in last few days. In one instance, I was in a zoom meeting on my Dell Latitude 5590 and the voice from the meeting started stuttering badly. I thought the issue was with the other person's connection. However, I realized that I am connected to two devices. The moment I turned off Bluetooth on my One Plus 6, the stutter was gone.

About 10 instances of a connection drop while on the zoom meeting call with a weird noise and then 

I would have to restart the headphones to get connected again.

Coming to reproducing a stutter, if I am connected to Fire TV stick and my office laptop, I pretty much have to disconnect my Fire TV stick or it keeps stuttering every few seconds periodically to the point where it's not usable with two devices.

If I am connected to my phone and my office laptop, I would be able to reproduce a stutter when switching between the devices. For instance,

- I would play a song on my phone

- Pause the song on my phone

- Play a song on my laptop immediately, and I would hear a stutter and it would continue playing fine. This is true vice-versa.

• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Since I purchased this about a few months ago. The previous firmware was not usable at all with two devices simultaneously connected. This one has fewer issues but is still not free of it.

• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

- One Plus 6: Android 10, Oxygen OS 10.3.4

- Dell Latitude 5590: Windows 10 Enterprise Build 18363 (One thing to note, Bose Headphones have a couple of drivers which shows up in Other Devices in Windows Device Manager having no proper drivers installed for ARfcomm, AudioWear, AudioWear Voice, Bluetooth Peripheral Device and TRfcomm. I am not sure since when this started showing up. I also own a Dell Alienware m15 r3 which also has this same thing appearing in device manager. The Alienware is on a Windows 10 Home though)

- Amazon 4k Fire TV Stick: Fire OS 6.2.7.1 (NS6271/2495), Fire TV Home Version 6231058.1

• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since I bought this headphone. It has never worked properly. I mostly have to use it with a single device connected due to this. It can randomly start stuttering and afraid of having this happening frequently in the meetings while I am working.

• Any troubleshooting steps you took and efforts, if any.

As mentioned above.

hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I had this issue on my first device too. I got a brand new one  last week because the first one broke. Updated the software and I have the same issues. Connecting to multiple devices without stutter never worked.

Oneplus 5 android 9 and windows 10 laptop 

Slknik10
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Bose, do you all have any ETA on an update here? This is getting ridiculous that it hasn't been resolved yet. I'm about to just return my NC 700s for Sony. Please fix!

peetereczek
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

I just received 1.5 update for the headphones, I'll post you soon if I will notice an issue in upcoming days

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

1.5.1 doesn't fix stutter.

Cancelallthenoise
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Indeed 1,51 doesn’t fix the shutter on the iPad Pro 11 and iPhone X when connected simultaneously, so sad.... losing hope....