Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Stutter not solved, wrong battery life not solved. Unstable music app not solved, reduced noice cancelation not solved...

And Sony will announce its 1000XM4 coming Thursday

So hurry up Bose. Tired of waiting to get a product as advertised

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Nope. 1.51 update is just a joke.. @bose you have taken 3 months to release an update which still doesn’t fix both stuttering and reduced battery life indication.. 

This is how you lose loyal customers.. I have been using Bose products for over 10 years now, but sure will never ever going to buy one more again. 

Goodbye. 

Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

You can "fix" the stutter when you connect the Phone normally for calls and audio and the 2nd connection to you Pc with Audio only. Just deactivate the Hands-Free Audio in your device-manager.

You will not be able to use your microphone on the pc anymore. I just use microsoft teams on my phone for now.

Of course this is more like a work around than an actual fix....Bose needs to fix this issue asap.

device.PNG

Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I'm extremely disappointed with my NC 700's. I bought these a couple of months ago, excited for all of its listed capabilities. However, the product left much to desired. 

The headphones will disconnect every 20 minutes from my laptop. Also, when I'm using both, my laptop and phone, the the headphone will be confused as to what to prioritize. I hate that I can't have these two be under one audio channel (I'm aware of Bluetooth's limitations but still).

I've dedicated countless hours of research and troubleshooting to these headphones just for them to break again the next day.

Finally, I figured I could maybe help the set by updating its firmware. Well, I can't do that for some reason. I tried updating through the Bose website on my laptop just for the headphones to say that they are up-to-date with the newest firmware, they are not.

I was given the option to return them for a replacement but I'm honestly done with the NC 700's. I just wish to opt out of this nightmare and either try getting something from Bose that will do the trick or just look elsewhere.

I must say though, the noise cancellation is stellar.

Please, free me from this.

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Hi Anne, I posted in this thread earlier. The end of the matter was that I have received a replacement set of NC700 headphones which still have the same issue with the stutter. It does vary as to how bad it gets and I try to help by only having one device connected, although the main reason I bought Bose was because of the ability to have 2 devices connected. Last night the stuttering was particularly annoying, so I checked this site today and saw that there is a new firmware update. However, the updater says my headphones are up to date on version 1.31.

Bose_NC700_Updater.JPG

I am hoping very much that if I can get the new firmware installed that it will fix the stutter issue. It really is impossible to enjoy anything while listening through the Bose headphones.

Regards, Michael

Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hi folks,

Had posted on this thread earlier about the stutter thought I would update post the 1.51 firmware update. When I bought the headphones first they worked perfectly with dual connections then an update led to the stutter, which was beyond infuriating.

Now with 1.51 it seems as though Bose have reduced the slickness of the original dual connection and replaced it with a more cumbersome system. BUT the stutter now appears to be gone for me.

Before you could play music on one device and then start playing audio on another and it would pause the original audio. But now the original audio will keep playing until you hit pause and then restart the new audio. It's annoying but nowhere near as frustrating as the stutter.

Can't imagine Bose will offer any further updates on this but at least it's something of a fix, albeit a hamfisted one.

Michael.

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Agree, I must say that with 1.5 firmware version it's better. But issue still exists, I hear shutters from time to time, but way less than on 1.4 version. 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Also experiencing the issue. 
I noticed that it started when the new headphones are updated to the recent firmware.
Ordered replacement headphones, they worked fine until firmware was updated. Reading multiple reports of this issue in the official forum without feedback and action plan to address the issues is very frustrating considering the price paid.

The main product feature (pairing to multiple devices), which works fine with my old QC35 headphones is broken on the Noice Canceling 700 headphones model. Missing recognition of the issue from support and today's reduction of price for the new product makes me think that it will never be addressed. 😞

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I have to say the new firmware 1.51 did not make any difference to battery issue.. However, the app update sort of reduced the stutter.. But, it's not completely gone. Stuttering still occurs from time to time.. especially more when switching from one device to the other.

I am disappointed to see that it's been more than 3 months are we still do not have a fix. Also, the battery indicator issue too is still unaddressed.

Sony has launched MX4.. definitely going for it and I will be returning this **bleep** of a product.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I have similar problem, but, the stutter happens ONLY when connected through Bluetooth to laptop with windows 10. It sounds fine with android. There is also problem to update the firmware - I'm stuck on 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1.  It shows up-to-date on both bose music app (the latest version) and website.

I will be grateful for assistance.