madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@Mencjusz 

Regarding multiple devices, you're saying, when you are connected to two Android devices there is no stuttering issue?

1.3.1 is most safety firmware at this moment, with good NC.  1.4.12 was retired due to bugs, and 1.5.1 is a joke, so you have to be patient, like we all here...no options for now

Mencjusz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

There is no stutter with one and two android devices simultaneously. Smooth, beautiful sound. The problem starts when I connect to windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000. The stutter is there, once every 4-5 mins, sometimes small, insignificant, sometimes bigger to the point I miss a word from the video. The same applies when Bose is connected simultaneously to android and win. 10 - the stutter is on win 10, but NOT on android. Is it possible that it is a problem with win 10 Bluetooth?

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

You have to know...that the only problem here are NC 700 headphones imo (and not only).
Buggy firmware, no updates, hopelessness...

ezrider
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2020

I was able to find a solution to my problem when pairing using a Soundbot bt 4.0 dongle to my Windows 10 PC, maybe this will help others. 

At first I was having issues with stuttering like everyone is describing, every couple of seconds. Next I tried pairing again to only the Bose device that popped up on my BT device list, not the one that starts with "L-", this seemed to help but there was still stuttering over a longer duration. 

As a last ditch effort I downloaded the official drivers for the Soundbar dongle, I guess I had been using Windows drivers previously as my computer treated the this as a first time installation. After the install finished I paired my headset one more time to the device that was just called Bose, not the "L-" name and the audio started coming through without stuttering. 

Also wanted to add that I also tested while my phone and computer were both connected* 

CharleyB
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I do have the same problem with mine but it's always fine with my iPhone. Either on my windows 10 laptop or an iPad or even the apple TV, I got the pause from the streaming device. Sometime it can be every 5 minutes. It's quite annoying because I used them for work and I lose a word or two in the conversation. It's better with the latest firmware, before the sound cut for 5-10 secondes, and now it's only cut for a second or two. Still I hope they can fix it.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I have to take back my last reply..

The stuttering has been worse since the 1.51 firmware and the latest app update.

Earlier, the stuttering was not present on my iPhone, and was only with my iPad or MacBook.. However, now I am horrified that I am even experiencing stuttering on my iPhone.. These updates have further deteriorated the product..

FIX THE ISSUE SOON @bose !!!

WE DID NOT PAY PREMIUM PRICE FOR THIS KIND OF A SERVICE!

ahlox
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Seriously Bose,

Brand new out of the box with audio dropouts and a charge case doesn't want to charge..?!

Yes I spent a considerable amount of time trouble shooting both issues only to find them endemic with the product! I would have thought the sleep buds debacle would have been enough. 

Back in to the box tomorrow and I'll have a full refund thanks!!!  

Carol123_
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Hi,

So I'm still in version 1.41 of the app even though I see the new layout of the update. It is asking me now to update but t¡honestly I'm too afraid to do so, in case the stutter gets worse.

Has anybody gotten it fixed by updating to this new update?

I can't believe I am in this situation now after I paid so much for these headphones!

I really regret the day I updated the app because that was the issue started. Bose you have to fix this issue!!!

rxp
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

I get the suttering when connected to both a BT4 and BT5 device. i.e. my S10 and my desktop computer.

When I connect to two BT5 devices, no sutter. For example, my XPS laptop or a DG60 USB BT transmitter for my desktop and s10. That's mostly my main use case, so I'm loving multipair. Really handy that I can be immersed in a movie on my TV through my HTPC and when a call comes through it'll pause and I can answer.

It's probably a BT4/5 issue?

SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi @rxp,

the BT4/5 topic was already addressed in the thread (I know that it is very long to read), but there are some users that had the same problem also using two BT5 receivers. 

The headset, when is connected to two devices, seams to work correctly only with some chipsets.

Personally I solved using a dongle USB BT4 and a phone with BT5.

Bye