asdfasdfdfdfdfd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

This is consistently reproducible for me using the below info. 

• Bose product model = Bose 700 Headphones
• Bose product firmware version - 1.5.1-9303+d287f23
• Bose app version - 3.5.5
• Consistently reproducible when listening to Youtube on my Late 2017 Macbook Pro running 10.15.5 and the latest version of Chrome. As soon as I connect to my iPhone X running 13.6 I start getting stutter and static sporadically. As soon as I disconnect from my phone, it goes away.

• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - Has always happened
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - See above description
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? - Always an issue.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. - Took all steps outlined in posts, no help. 

Lethalbacon
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Like many others, I specifically made an account to express the extreme disappointment in bose. Ever since the launch of the faulty software which essentially made the headphones unusable for some (red/white blinking light), there have been constant issues with this product--the stutter, the battery issue. The community managers (not their fault) kept telling us "The Bose engineer has all the information they need and are working on a fix". Well, this "fix" is still not resolved and has been going on for more than 2 months. Normally, when a company sends out faulty software, they will revert the update or immediately work on a fix. Clearly this was NOT the case at bose. This is unacceptable for a premium headphone like this. Giving up the EQ feature for actual functioning headphones is a no-brainer. I will be returning and buying the Sony MX4.

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@Lethalbacon I've done that. XM4 is a great product, I should have switched a long time ago. but as I said in other posts, I trusted bose. Not anymore.

Kayeessi
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Hi Bose,

As you can see, the newest update hasn't fixed the problems yet. I have problems with the headset since the beginning and it worsened after the updates. We have waited for two months (!!!) for the new software update to resolve the problems but it didn't, so I believe you need to come up with an alternative solution now. We will be even more dissatisfied than we already are if we need to wait for another two months till the next software update. At this point, I believe it is just better to do a global return and refund because this product is currently not delivering what is promised and thus harming your brand. 

jl827
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

• Bose product model: Bose QuietComfort 35
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 3.0.3.
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 12.0.1.
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: My headphones stutter when playing sound from my Macbook Air. I don't have issues when playing from my iPhone.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? On my Macbook Air. It began today, August 17, 2020.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Macbook Air macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? It started today. Yes, it worked correctly before today. I did have an issue with the stuttering earlier in the year, but it fixed itself when I updated my Bose app/headphones to the latest version.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. I turned on/off my headphones, removed my headphones from both my Macbook Air and iPhone. It didn't help at all.

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@jl827,

I think you should move your post to another thread about QC 35 headphones, or create new one to get more help.

This thread concerns NC 700 headphones (look at the title).

Cheers

MichaelF
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Please can we have an update? I'm not seeing any responses here and I'm having the same issues now with my second pair of NC700. It's very frustrating listening to audio that keeps cutting out, even when connected to only one device. Please do us the courtesy of telling us when can we expect a fix.

pkagrawal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

It's been over 3 months since the issue was first reported and we are no closer to getting a fix that we were then. This is really bad from Bose. With the unprecedented number of meetings that are happening during the course of this pandemic, I would want for the headphones to work normally - i.e. without any stutter. I would really like to get my money's worth when I'm spending $400 on the most premium set of noise cancelling headphones.

pkagrawal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

@Anne_S What update do we have?

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@Anne_SHello?? It's been 3 months since this issue.. Are you even sure your engineers are capable of solving this? This is a big joke on all of us who believed Bose and paid such a price. Highly overrated company