Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@Anne_S: please, give us some information... This is taking unapologetically long.

This has been my first and last BOSE product. As soon as Apple releases its over-ear headphones (aka the AirPods Studio) I'll buy them and say goodbye to BOSE for ever. 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Good afternoon,

For your information I don't have an issue anymore with my NC-700: after months of waiting for an update I decided to send it back: Amazon really stand by their customers and after spending 1h with me trying to contact Bose customer service they accepted to refund me even after months of purchase... I will be pre-ordering my Sony WH-1000XM4 today... from Amazon. 

I was a long time Bose user, still keeping my QC25 that I still love, but I am disapointed in customer service and products : I have no choice but to try Sony. Good luck to y'all

Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I returned my set of NC 700 to John Lewis and got a full refund.

To be honest, considering these are among the most expensive headphones you can buy and they have a serious issue (stuttering when connected to multiple devices) I'm shocked at the lack of communication from Bose about fixing this issue.

Argos had Beats Studio3 on sale for £189.95 so I bought them instead. Guess what - no stutter and they sound great, plus I am £110 better off and no worrying about performance.

That was my last Bose purchase - feel seriously burned spending £300 on headphones that don't work properly and based on the posts in these forums, take months to fix (if at all).

Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Just thought I'd add myself to the list of people experiencing stuttering, crackling, and popping sounds.

I likely will return the headphones eventually, just recieved them.

I'd really like these to work well. The call quality is great. They seem to work best when connected to phone alone, nothing else.

Aside from the snap, crackle, popping, they do disconnect from the app a lot. I had a bit of trouble just setting them up in the beginning.

I'm fine with a few hiccups even though I'd prefer there not be any but when it comes to the basic functionality of the device itself, listening to audio via bluetooth, that should just work, especially for around $400.

Bose, we need some real feedback from you regarding this ongoing issue. If I'm to keep these headphones, I need commitments to fix, timeframes/timelines/ETAs.

I heard someone else mention, if Bose is aware of defect, why are devices continuing to be sold?

This is a good question. An even better one is, Are you anticipating many people to return them and get their money back or are you hoping they'll settle for things the way they are and you'll get to keep the money?

I'm just not sure why we haven't received timelines and commitments from you to fix the issues yet you continue to sell units. Just curious what the end business goal is here for selling defective products.

Thanks,

Snap, Crackle, Pop Bose NC 700

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

It seems they have decided to sell Bose Bluetooth dongle for Laptops which, I suppose, will eliminate stutter. In other words, they are admitting that they screw up the most expensive headphones on the market and want to squeeze a bit more out of you from this disaster.

In my headphones the stutter is not that bad, thus, I will keep them. But, I will never buy anything more from Bose.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

• Bose 700 Headphones
• 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1
• App V:3.5.7
• When using multiple devices any, any service , any audio even PC/Phone it stutters. Useless specifically now during quarantine/studying.

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Today, I disabled the bluetooth of my mobile so that my headphone was only connected to my Lenovo laptop via bluetooth for a meeting. It wasn't even 15 minutes and I already heard robotic voices. I had to apologize and ask the others to repeat their sentences again. I already turned self-voice off because it was recommended to do so but apparantly that doesn't solve the robotic voice issue as well. It was also not connected to multiple devices... I don't know anymore. 

#notcool

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Among the plethora of other problems plaguing these headphones, this one drives me insane. I HATE these headphones. I HATE Bose’s complete lack of respect for their customers. I don’t use the word “hate” lightly and am not someone who immediately flies off the rails at a glitch.
It’s technology and problems happen but as the manufacturer, Bose has a responsibility to ensure that their products work as advertised at delivery and throughout the product’s lifecycle. If software (application level or firmware) is the cause and/or solution , you it fix quickly while being transparent & honest with your customers.
Bose, this whole situation is pathetic..

* Your responsiveness (or lack thereof) is unacceptable.
* Your unwillingness and/or inability to fix these problems is a clear indicator that you simply cannot compete in a time when I get better customer service from a Chinese company selling $50 headphones.

* Bose is a legacy brand. These headphones are supposed to be a flagship product. Their failure to perform is your failure to provide modern support.

* This truly exposes the character of your company.

Bose, what is your actual response to these statements?

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

My best bet is, even Bose doesn't know how to fix the issue.. They too were waiting for Sony XM4 to be released so that they can see how Sony have done multi-device connection right and then reverse engineer it 🙂

Such a pathetic and overrated company which has no care for its customers..

Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Did anybody test the XM4 already? Is it behaving better? I watched a couple of comparison reviews but neither of them talks about the stutter issues.