Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hello,

This nice designed device with excellent build quality, unbelievable noise cancelling and decent but not great sound failed me many times during the calls.

The question is when do you plan to release the update which would fix at least blueteeth related issues? Do you think that this can be fixed with SW update or is it an issue with HW module itself?

I would like to keep this device, but I have to take the decision within 30 day return period.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I created an account just to post this issue. I searched at different places and people kept saying that the newest update fixes this stuttering issue. No, it did not fix it. My firmware is still at 1.3.1 and the updater says it's the most up to date version and did not allow me to update to 1.4 or 1.5 version. 

Really a waste of money of over 400 to have this poor quality/customer service. What's the point of having a multipoint function when there's stuttering connecting two devices? How can we listen to music? do video call? it really makes this headphone useless. Let's return all the bose headphones as defective as it has been months without any solid solution to this issue. 

I have the same information as the previous poster here----

• Bose product model -- Bose NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) -- 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) -- 3.5.7
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce -- sound stutter/crackling when connected to two devices, occurs randomly almost always start with PC/laptop computer's video/music but at least once every 1 to 2 hours which is annoying
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? -- it seems related to video call from laptop (windows 10) or listening to music/youtube video from desktop computer (windows 10). It has not happened when listening to music from my phone directly (pixel 3).
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) -- Windows 10 on my computer and laptop, and my phone is pixel 3 android phone
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? -- I bought this headphone about 5 days ago and then it started happening about 3 days ago. Not sure if the issue started when updating to firmware 1.3.1 or the newest phone app version 3.5.7 or it has been there all along....
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. --

The following methods seem to help but after a while, it happens again.

1) Turning off/on the headphone 

2) disconnect/reconnect headphone to the computer

3) Click on the Bose music app on my phone, it will try to connect to the headphone and the stutter/cracking disappears. Apparently, the Bose music app shows that the headphone is not available when stuttering occurs, and then it says the need to connect. After a second or two, the app updates and shows that the headphone is connected on the app. I click connect, then the stuttering sound goes away.

Because (3) was able to fix the issue, I wonder if my cell phone/Bose music app is trying to connect/send a signal to the headphone once in a while or the intermittent drop in connection from phone/app to the headphone, interfering with the signal from computer/laptop?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

hello, I had my Sony MX4 it for a couple of weeks, I will keep it: no stutter, great sound quality ! I prefer the call quality from NC700, but Sony's is acceptable. 

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Udebacker,

So you're saying that stutter when connected to multiple devices does not apply to yours headphones...🤔

Could you please tell us what firmware version you have, and what two Bluetooth devices are you connected to?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

• Bose product model Bose NC 700 HP
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 3.5.7
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Well, once in a while the sound stutters. At least when listening to audio sources from the Windows 10 computer.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

I've had the headphones for about a week and I have experienced the stuttering on and of since then.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

- Windows 10 computer with Asus BT-500 (Bluetooth 5.0)

- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact with Android 10 (Bluetooth 5.0)

Always connected to both when using the headphones.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

From the very start (a week old headphones).
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

As I could see a couple of comments above this seem to help:
Click on the Bose music app on my phone, it will try to connect to the headphone and the stutter/cracking disappears. Apparently, the Bose music app shows that the headphone is not available when stuttering occurs, and then it says the need to connect. After a second or two, the app updates and shows that the headphone is connected on the app. I click connect, then the stuttering sound goes away.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

hi @madbooba , the headphones that are not stuttering are the Sony XM4. My Bose NC700 was in v1.3 and was AWEFUL, I sent them back. 

Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Are you serious BOSE? I’m really disappointed to BOSE. It’s been months and 400$ headphones still have stuttering issue. I’m not gonna buy anything again from this company 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

It will be 4 months this coming Tuesday.. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A FIX!

It's incredible! A whole quarter has passed and yet Bose has no answers

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

**bleep** did Bose do to my NC 700?

My Bose NC 700 was working fine last year without problems. However when I installed new firmware updates, the audio of the Bose NC 700 keeps dropping randomly for 1 second. This is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

My Sony WH-1000XM3 and Apple Airpods Pro do not drop audio connection so it’s a problem with the firmware of the Bose NC 700, rather than my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Do note that with older firmware, this issue was not there.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Re: **bleep** did Bose do to my NC 700?

I did some testing and it seems that Bose broke the multi-point feature. If I disable it, the audio dropping stops.

The Apple Airpods Pro multi-point works fine, so it is problem with Bose.

So please fix this bug Bose.