hello, I had my Sony MX4 it for a couple of weeks, I will keep it: no stutter, great sound quality ! I prefer the call quality from NC700, but Sony's is acceptable.
Mar 16, 2020
So you're saying that stutter when connected to multiple devices does not apply to yours headphones...🤔
Could you please tell us what firmware version you have, and what two Bluetooth devices are you connected to?
Sep 9, 2020
• Bose product model Bose NC 700 HP
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 3.5.7
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Well, once in a while the sound stutters. At least when listening to audio sources from the Windows 10 computer.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
I've had the headphones for about a week and I have experienced the stuttering on and of since then.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
- Windows 10 computer with Asus BT-500 (Bluetooth 5.0)
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact with Android 10 (Bluetooth 5.0)
Always connected to both when using the headphones.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
From the very start (a week old headphones).
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.
As I could see a couple of comments above this seem to help:
Click on the Bose music app on my phone, it will try to connect to the headphone and the stutter/cracking disappears. Apparently, the Bose music app shows that the headphone is not available when stuttering occurs, and then it says the need to connect. After a second or two, the app updates and shows that the headphone is connected on the app. I click connect, then the stuttering sound goes away.
hi @madbooba , the headphones that are not stuttering are the Sony XM4. My Bose NC700 was in v1.3 and was AWEFUL, I sent them back.
Jul 19, 2019
Are you serious BOSE? I’m really disappointed to BOSE. It’s been months and 400$ headphones still have stuttering issue. I’m not gonna buy anything again from this company
Nov 4, 2019
It will be 4 months this coming Tuesday.. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A FIX!
It's incredible! A whole quarter has passed and yet Bose has no answers
My Bose NC 700 was working fine last year without problems. However when I installed new firmware updates, the audio of the Bose NC 700 keeps dropping randomly for 1 second. This is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.
My Sony WH-1000XM3 and Apple Airpods Pro do not drop audio connection so it’s a problem with the firmware of the Bose NC 700, rather than my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Do note that with older firmware, this issue was not there.
I did some testing and it seems that Bose broke the multi-point feature. If I disable it, the audio dropping stops.
The Apple Airpods Pro multi-point works fine, so it is problem with Bose.
So please fix this bug Bose.
Sep 14, 2020
I recently received a new pair of NC 700 headphones. They were giving me the stuttering issue even without sound playing from the second device. The Bose Music app was telling me they were on the latest firmware version (1.3.1) so I tried following the provided steps to reset the device:
If you have identified this as an issue for you, there are couple of troubleshooting steps we would like you to try. Firstly, make sure that your Bose Music app is up-to-date (version 3.3.4) and then try a reset of your headphones:
1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.
Upon attempting step 3, when I connected the headphones using the provided USB-C cable, both the power light and bluetooth light flashed and then went dark. Now the headphones won't turn on at all and I can't even play audio through them by connecting them to a headphone jack. When I try to plug them in to charge, the power light does not turn on. The headphones are completely bricked.
Now that my headphones are a paperweight, I can't connect them to the Bose music app to find all the exact information that I need, but I will do my best with what I can remember / find without connecting them.
• Bose product model - NC 700
• Bose product firmware version - 1.3.1
• Bose app version - 4.0.1
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Headphones are completely dead. They will not power on, will not charge, will not play audio when connected to a headphone jack. To reproduce: Follow the recommended reset instructions (pasted above)
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - The audio stuttering issue has occurred for as long as I've had the headphones (less than 2 months). The stuttering would continue even with the second device muted. The stuttering would last far longer than just a few seconds, up to several minutes until I lost patience and turned off the bluetooth on my phone. The headphones died completely a few minutes ago
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - The two devices that I had connected to my headphones were Windows 10 PC, version 20H2, and Google Pixel 3, the stuttering issue occurred on both Android 10 and 11
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? My headphones have always exhibited the stuttering problem since I got them in July.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. I took the recommended steps to reset the headphones and it bricked them.
Thank you to everyone who helped provide us with feedback regarding experiencing stutter with your NC700s when connected to multiple devices. I also want to thank you for your patience.
Today we released 1.7.0 and as a part of that we introduced a fix that should resolve stuttering you experience because of being connected to multiple devices and during VOIP calls. You can read the full release notes here.
If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.
If you experience stuttering when connected to multiple devices, please reply to this thread with the following:
As we believe this issue is resolved, this thread will be locked at a later date if there are no further reports of this issue.
Thank you once more and we hope you enjoy the new firmware!