rodlar
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi Antonio,

I'm having the same problem as you and don't know what to do. My headphones are brand new and they cut off while connected to my computer (watching netflix). 

Could you solve the problem? It would be nice to have some advice of what to do if you could.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

kroikie
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I'm also experiencing this issue.

I'm using Google Pixel 4XL and MBP 16" with my 700s. While streaming music from the MBP the stuttering happens once every couple minutes. Disconnecting the phone does improve things so I'll probably forget the 700s on the phone till this is resolved.

Firmware is: 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6

asdfasdfdfdfdfd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Great news everyone, solved the problem. I bought Sony's.

Combine the fact that the Sonys are cheaper and often go on sale with what I was able to sell the Boses for on Ebay, I think I'm out about $50. Annoying yes, but at this point, I just need functioning headphones and I can report that the Sony's have been working fantastic for a few weeks now.

I actually like the Bose 700 design a little better and found them slightly more comfortable, but all of that is subjective and I'd recommend that anyone looking to make the switch keep an eye out for the inevitable Black Friday deal.

Pretty frustrating experience. Have owned Bose QC's for about 15 years and now the 700's and have always been happy. I was willing to play along while they worked on a fix but the lack of even the slightest recognition after the recent fix failure is pretty disappointing.

pbechliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

After my update to macOS Big Sur my stuttering issue is almost fixed. I very rarely notice a stutter.

Anyone else has experienced that?

hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

With the latest's updates I still have stutter when I connect to my laptop and phone at the same time.

Windows 10 (any laptop, even with bluetooth 5) and Oneplus 5 with android 9.

As soon a i turn off bluetooth on my phone it's ok.

KrishnaChaitanya
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I still hear the stutter with Mac OS Bigsure and my iphoneXs

jxxst
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

What an awful experience and software. Bought these headphones and connecting to iPad/iPhone/Macbook causes huge stuttering. Not acceptable for a product like this. On latest firmware, reset the MacOS bluetooth module, cleaned the Device list (factory reset) on the headphones and still no luck. Stuttering while listening to music every 1-2 minutes. Manually removed the iPad from the connections didn't help. Shambles that i bought this product and cannot connect more devices - using this for work (video call quality + listening to music). Going back to my Airpods Pro for now.

• Bose product model

Bose 700NC
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.7.0-10068+f3675e6
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

4.1.1 (iPhone 8, latest iOS)
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Experiencing stuttering while listening to music from MacOS (Macbook Pro 2017, Catalina 10.15.7)
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

From the start of using the product. Listening to music just stutters every minute. 
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

Macbook Pro 2017 (Catalina 10.15.7) + iPhone 8 (iOS 14.1) + iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen (iPadOS 14.1)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

No it didn't work properly before - since the start of using this product.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

I reset everything as per instructions (and removed the NC700 from all device lists) and issue still exists. Restarted all devices, even reset my mac bluetooth module. 

Please come up with a solution for this problem - bough these was specifically for videocalling and use seamless across different apple devices. 

pkagrawal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Hey @Anne_S @Wayne_M We are still facing this issue, and there has been no acknowledgement of any sort from Bose. Can you at least confirm that you know that this issue exists and are actively working towards a fix?

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,  

Thank you for your continued posts with regards to stuttering when connected to multiple devices and apologies for the delay on an update.  

We have been passing along the information you reported since upgrading to 1.7.0 to our engineers. Given the number of continued reports, we decided to leave the thread open, and appreciate the insight you’ve been able to provide. 

I want to thank everyone who replied with the information we requested. This is particularly important as it makes sure our engineers have the most relevant details possible during their investigation. Without these details it can be very difficult to figure out the root cause of a report, and so I once more want to say how appreciated it is when you take the time to add the details to your reply. 

This thread will be left open for members to continue to give us feedback on the issue for our engineers. When replying, please make sure to include the following details: 

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce 
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? 
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) 
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. 

We understand how frustrating stuttering can be and want to assure you this is something we continue to work on and improve.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jacek K
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

@Wayne_M 

I can confirm audio stuttering on my brand new Bose NC 700.

Details you've asked for:

• Bose NC 700 firmware version: 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6
  • Bose app version: 4.1.1.
  • Issue: sound is stuttering (like scratched CDs or unpleasant, crackling sound like using old vinyl discs, sometimes no sound...) while switching between music videos on Youtube and from time to time (1-2 times for 3-5 minutes) during the playback. Also losing sound at all for about one second.
    • Conditions: paired with 2 devices - iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 14.2 and Windows PC with Windows 10 1909 and Bluetooth 5.0 module (Intel, the latest drivers from 20 Oct 2020).
    • Steps:
      1. Switch on Headphones and wait until they're connected to both devices
      2. Open on PC e.g. Chrome, go to Youtube, enter any playlist with music videos, and start playback
      3. Experience stuttering on each video change (on the beginning) for 1-5 seconds. Videos can be switched manually - it doesn't matter if switching is because video ends or by hand.
  • I experience issues from the beginning. I bought the NC700 headphones 2 weeks ago. Installed the Bose app and got a firmware update to the version listed above just after the first launch. The initial firmware version was 1.3.1.
  • What I did:
    • switch on and off headphones;
    • unpair and pair headphones again;
    • reset headphones;
    • restart all devices;
    • update everything to the latest versions - firmware, apps, drivers;
    • use different Bluetooth adapters and applications;
    • retested on other Bose NC 700 headphones with v1.7.0 firmware (mine are from July 2020, the second one are from November 2019) - results are the same;
    • searched the web to find solutions...
  • Effects of troubleshooting - none. I would say it's even worse but I stopped counting...

What I can add:

• I have also a 4-year-old Bose QC35 with their latest firmware. And they are working perfectly (!) with the configuration listed above. I would say, they are working perfectly all the time. I bought 700 because of improved voice calls (excellent background noise canceling) but... never expected an issue like this after a great experience with QC35 (and previously with QC20...). To be honest - I am really disappointed.

If you need any more details, I am glad to help you.

UPDATE 11/19/2020:

Once I switched on notifications on my Windows 10 PC (I muted them some time ago), my ears are bleeding - each incoming message, notification, etc. results in stuttering, crackling noise. I am more than disappointed. I can use my old QC35 that works perfectly with my setup but why I should do that after paying $400 for NC700?

Kindest regards,

Jacek