Soundwaves7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

How many pages of complaints does there need to be in order for one of the mods to respond?....ANY update at this point would be apricated. Clearly, there's something not working correctly with the product...either hardware or firmware related. Is there an eta on when we can expect a firmware update to fix this NC700 mess?

Can anyone out there can offer the community any info....
@Andy_B  @Ben_E  @Charlotte_G @David_G  @Dylan_R  @Hector_B  @Irina_I  @Jeff_G  @Jessie_O  @Keith_L  

Community_Admin

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Thank you all for taking the time to post here. We continue to receive reports from the community of audio stuttering while using the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. As always, we do recommend, updating your product to the latest version of firmware. We have heard reports from some users that they have experienced improvements after updating.

We understand this is not the case for everyone and for those of you who continue to report audio stuttering we would like to understand your use case a bit more. If you are willing to provide additional information to support our investigations of these reports, please follow this link to fill out a brief survey to collect information about your use case. We understand that you may have already provided some of this information in previous community posts, however completing this survey will help better inform our testing.  

We’ll continue to update this thread when we have additional information to share. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Soundwaves7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

I'd also like to post that I fixed the restarting issues I had with my NC700's. I had seen a forum member mention that he had restarting issues as well and he said that he removed his Boom & Megaboom by Ultimate Ears app and that solved his problem. I thought it was a coincidence and didn't give it a second thought....until I did...months later. Low and behold, I removed the app and my NC700's no longer restarted 3 times before connecting to my phone. Go figure. For some reason there's some cross talk somehow with the Bose Music app,  NC700, Boom & Megaboom app, and my Ultimate Ears speaker. 

ikszy
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

Filled the survey as thoroughly as I could with plenty shared experience and conclusions from my side.

I spent the last 4 hours to read through most of the forums that is relevant to this subject "BOSE 700 stuttering if dual connections".

There are 3 work around until BOSE can fix this extremely annoying issue for us, that impacts many of our experience heavily.

A/ if you can afford, try to connect one device at a time.

or
B/ turn off BT and use it through 3.5 wire connection...

or
C/ use the trick and simply start a music to play from the secondary connection and keep it paused, while us using the PRIMARY connection actively.

i.e. I have a MAC and and iphone. MAC i use as ACTIVE and the iphone as SECONDARY (but regardless the firmware, regardless the driver versions or the source of the music or the level of the noise cancellations) if the IPHONE is just passively connected will keep the connection in every ~2 mins and during it will causing this stuttering.

to cheat this the secondary need to be change from passive to active but paused - as that will keep the capability of your device to handle any incoming calls, without having the side effect.

it is not to sophisticated solution, but at least you still have the full feature of the device.

@bose 
May I kindly urge that development from the developers please?
Or at least a more frequent update to us (TO THE CUSTOMERS!!!) - so we shall beware when this picky issue will be solved? please.
cheers. 

365nice
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Finally something that seems to be taking this seriously, with some decent questions that look to want to get to the bottom of this.

Let’s see however, as it seems to have been a long time issue...

Svarry
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Just got a new pair of NC700, noticed no issues out o the box but after updating to the latest firmware (1.8.2), I am having constant crackling sound in the left ear when ANC is on, and the cracking gets worse the lower ANC level is. This happens regardless of the amount devices connected, or the type of device. 

The crackling is there regardless if music is playing or not, but survey only has options for current audio. Is this same issue as for the rest of the people on here, or a similar but separate one?

Johnnking
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

So I've been living with the stutter/crackle ever since this firmware update or possibly longer(who can remember, it's all a blur.) and I tried all the usual tips for troubleshooting and nothing worked, figured this was my life now.

Turns out all I needed to do was unpair it with the secondary device(my phone) while using my laptop or vice versa. Fixed!  Sweet, pairing to multiple devices is a great feature but I'll happily lose it to stop the lag when listening to music/making calls.

Now if only I could figure out how to fix the mic issues(turning off randomly during discord/8x8 calls, bad quality randomly, etc..)

Anyone know if the Sony M4's have any of these issues? Asking for a friend.

gjmulhol
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

LOL -- this is a joke, right. I have had these headphones for 9 months and they STILL don't work.

Thanks to this experience, I have convinced my parents to move from Bose to Sonos in their house, and I am ordering new headphones of a different brand: Sony, Apple, or B&W. Honestly, I have never seen such a terrible product supported so badly in my life.

jorsj
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Hi @Community_Admin thanks for SOME response, at least now we don't feel like talking to a wall...  is there any feedback from the Bose team? are they contacting NC 700 owners experiencing this issue?

Udebacker
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

no issue with my Sony, I had a Bose 700 before and I sent it back. disapointed in Bose