ImConDad
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

NC700

Country

United States

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

App Version

?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Windows 10 PC, iPhone XR (iOS 14)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Just in the middle of my music, Netflix, or whatever produces audio, the sound will just cut out every once in a while. It is random and I have not been able to purposefully induce it. From what I've read in other threads, this problem is not uncommon and I'd love a fix for it since these cost almost an entire paycheck's worth of money. The headphones are a little less than a year old.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Anytime audio plays

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

No more than 2 months ago. It worked normal prior to the skipping. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Various steps from other forum threads (for example clearing the Bluetooth cache and reconnecting all of my devices)

ImConDad
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Update:

After further investigation, the issue only occurs when connected to both the computer AND phone. I believe it is phone alerts that spazzes out the audio even when playback is coming through the computer and alerts are silenced/on do not disturb. 

Djsquid
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

I've got exactly the same issue but whilst connected to a 2020 Apple iMac running macOS Big Sur 11.4

Constant stutter and crackling which I've had for months! I don't seem to get the issue when connected to my iPhone only the iMac but it's super annoying! These aren't cheap headphones! I expect much better! This needs sorting now! otherwise, I'll just get rid and not bother with Bose again. 

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello,
@bose  @Wayne_M @Jessie_O @Andy_B  @Ben_E  @Charlotte_G @David_G  @Dylan_R  @Hector_B  @Irina_I  @Jeff_G  @Keith_L  @Community_Admin 

why is this issue not pinned anymore? Is this resolved already? I don’t think so..

Why are you silencing the voice of the customers without any explanation?

pin this thread back! Everyone needs to know about this issue!! 

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Commenting to keep this post relevant. 

Pin back this post!!!!

@bose  @Wayne_M @Jessie_O @Andy_B  @Ben_E  @Charlotte_G @David_G  @Dylan_R  @Hector_B  @Irina_I  @Jeff_G  @Keith_L  @Community_Admin 

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

@ImConDad I don't think its phone alerts - but it is the multiple connections. I think there is something in the limits of bluetooth drivers that causes this - and the combination of a macbook and an iphone is deadly - causing a glitch every few minutes (but not evenly spaced). Its damned annoying, and unbelievable that a year later its still not fixed and it appears that they want to hide this issue.

Such a shame, as I quite like the headphones - but, but I think I will call them my lockdown headphones and when we get back to normal, I'll write them off and won't by bose again. If the batteries on airpods improve enough to get to a 6 hour day - I'll buy them next time and won't look back as this experience has shown me that Bose doesn't have the same customer values that i expect.

LWZ
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2021

I don't think they are trying to hide this issue, since they did not delete this thread. They simply gave up on it, either because they are incapable of solving it, or they don't want to spend any money to solve it.

I don't know what you like about these headphones, they skip and stutter every few minutes! This is the utter most basic function and it doesn't work. I absolutely hate them. It's like saying I love this fancy car it's just the gas and brakes don't work every now and then, that doesn't make sense. Sorry I just hate these headphones so much I've never hated any company this much. If they want to save their reputation they need to recall and refund all these headphones, fire the entire firmware team, and issue a public apology.

getitright
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Hi @Wayne_M ,

You've stated that these issues are on the backlog in May 2021. These issues have persisted for over a year, why were these not on the backlog then? Some of the issues are CORE FEATURE FUNCTIONALITIES, in what engineering team are these not prioritized above all else? In addition since there hasn't been a firmware update since November 2020, what other issues on the backlog have been worked on in this time?

I understand these issues are out of community manager hands, but we deserve transparency on these issues. The rate of these updates are simply unacceptable and the there has been hardly any transparency into these issues. At minimum we should be notified every month on the status of the work, and the progress made on each of these bugs and which issues are being prioritized.

The performance of these headphones has been simply unacceptable for any customer. The customer support has been even worse.

Bose customers deserve better, or does Bose disagree? We're all frustrated, disappointed, and quite honestly hurt - and I know I'm not just speaking for myself. These headphones were promised to be the latest and greatest at $399.99. Other than the fact that these headphones turn on/off (most of the time) and the volume controls working, virtually everything else about them is in disrepair.

All we're asking for is acknowledgement and transparency.

Luca Gus
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2021

I have actually the same problem. It started when I was trying using two device (telephone and PC). The headphone is not recognized by windows 10, or it is recognized and it shuts down a phone call.

I can't really understand how I can use this product.

snowbound
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2021

Posting this to say this is still happening on the Bose NC700 which I just got.

Compared to the QC35 II, NC700 looked premium. Good to see that the Bose app finally has the EQ.

But the audio stuttering / skipping makes these headphones unusable.

I have an iPhone 11, Macbook 2018, and a Windows PC. The QC35 II doesn't have issues playing music while connected to any 2 of these devices, and smoothly switches between them.

Right now on the NC700, audio stutters when connecting to 2 devices simultaneously.  Issue is resolved as soon as I disconnect 1 of the 2 devices using the Bose music app.

Not much of a workaround as I bought the NC700 for the bluetooth multipoint, so I could take incoming calls from the phone when listening to music on the Mac or Windows PC.

Was going to hold onto the NC700 to wait for a fix. But given issue is about 2 years old with no firmware resolution in sight  (funny it wasn't an issue on the QC35 II). I'm returning the NC700, and will be exploring other flagstaff models from Sony and Sennheiser.