Highlighted
Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hey everyone,

We released an update to the firmware of the Noise Cancelling 700 (version 1.4.12) on the 12th May and we have received some great feedback from the Community, which is great. We have however noticed that a few users have reported having an issue (stutter) when their headphones are connected to more than one device.

If you have identified this as an issue for you, there are couple of troubleshooting steps we would like you to try. Firstly, make sure that your Bose Music app is up-to-date (version 3.3.4) and then try a reset of your headphones:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

We also recommend that you clear your bluetooth connections and remove your headphones from your mobile device's memory:

1. In the device’s Bluetooth settings, view the list of previously connected Bluetooth products.
2. Find your Bose headphones and remove them from the list by tapping “Forget”, “Unpair”, “Remove” or something similar. The headphones might appear in the list more than once. Remove all instances of them.
3. Clear the Bluetooth device memory in your headphones:

Power on your headphones, hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”. With Apple iOS devices, be sure not to tap “Cancel” during setup. In the Bose app, after selecting your product on the “Get Connected” screen, a “Select An Accessory” popup appears. Don’t close the popup. It can take up to 2 minutes for your headphones to appear in the popup. Once your headphones appear, select them. Then tap “Pair” when prompted. 

Finally, reboot your mobile device by powering it off completely, then powering it on again.

If the issue persists, we would love to investigate and for this we need to gather some information. Here is the information that we would like you to provide us:

• Bose product model
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

Thank you for your cooperation and for taking the time to tell us more about it.

If you would like to know more about the latest firmware update or if you would like to give us some feedback that is not related to the topic of this thread, check out this post.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
184 REPLIES 184
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Bose QC 35 Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting iphone 11 promax

Hi;

After the last firmware update this started happening. I tried everything suggested in this forum, which are:

- Reset the bluetooth device list

- Only connect to one device at a time

But nothing helped, it still keeps happening and I sometimes use the headphone for my work calls and when it happens in the middle of a work call it's pretty annoying.

Firmware version: 4.5.2

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

My NC700 was updated yesterday to the new firmware (1.4.12), and the stutter problem is really bad. I am connected to an iPhone Xs Max (iOS 13.4.1)and a Macbook Pro (MacOS 10.15.4).

I had no stutter prior to the firmware update.

I have tried all the steps recommended here, and it has not helped. 

I called the support line, and that was a useless effort as well.

For a company selling premium headphones to push an update like this at a time when more people are relying on these devices to work from home is unacceptable.

Please put out a fix to the firmware ASAP!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Same issues here with the stutter on my NC700, I'm using Windows 10 (1909 using MPow MPBH079AB USB Bluetooth dongle) and Android Phone (LG G6). Firmware & Bose App all up to date.

I had no stutter prior to the firmware update.

I have tried all the steps recommended here, and it has not helped.

No stutter here when only utilizing a single device, issue is entirely isolated to multipoint connections.

Stutter occurs every few minutes on my Windows Device when my Android is connected at the same time. If I drop Android (Disable Bluetooth), Windows stops stuttering.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

• Bose product model - NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - 3.3.4

Multiple devices - Macbook Air 10.15.4 , iphone 13.4.1 

- stutter sound every 2-3 minutes when playing youtube , netflix on Macbook. everything fine on iphone.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur

• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - youtube on chrome.

- since yesterday morning after upgrade.

- removed the entries on headset.

- removed bluetooth pairs from mac and iphone.

-restarted the macbook and iphone

- pair again both.

- issue remains. stutter sounds as usual.

- battery full charge announcement on headset while app shows 16:34 hours.

- until 12 hours it announced full charge. after that it started announcement as actual. will check again if this is constant result.

work around done for now -  use only single device to have uninterrupted sound quality. forget pairing two devices.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I tried the recommended steps but I'm still having intermittent issues.  I'm on windows 10 connected to my motherboards built in bluetooth 5.0 (asus strix z390-e), after running all the steps I reconnect to the headset by first connecting to LE "headphone name" and then connect to "headphone name" in the windows 10 bluetooth settings.  I have this issue with Amazon music, spotify (borrowed my friends account) and youtube.  The crackling or connection hiccup happens every 3-5 minutes, sometimes longer.  I've been having this issue since  I first got them and was hoping it would be resolved since the headphones are otherwise pretty good.  The current firmware has helped a little.  I also get an issue with the battery prompt giving me the wrong time remaining.  For a premium product these little things are annoying and shouldn't be happening. 

technical info: https://i.imgur.com/fR8LK72.jpg 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Experiencing this problem as well with my new 700s (even after your latest troubleshooting steps).

• Bose product firmware version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose app version: 3.3.4 (iOS)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Works just like everyone says. If I'm connected via bluetooth to multiple devices, the sound stutters every 1-1.5 minutes (sometimes more). My 2 devices are an iPhone XS and a 2017 MacBook Pro. It does not happen, when I shut off bluetooth on my iPhone. (My Mac is the main device I use with the headphones).
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? This has actually been happening for me since I bought these headphones about 3 weeks ago. I was hoping the new firmware was going to fix it, but no.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? iPhones XS (iOS 13.4.1 - latest). 2017 MacBook Pro (MacOS 10.15.4 - latest)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? It has never worked without some stutter. Worse with latest Bose firmware update.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any: Followed all your steps. Rebooted everything multiple times.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hello, I have the same issue since the update to the new firmware 1.4.12

• Bose Product Model: Bose NC 700 Headphones
  • Bose Firmware: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
  • Bose App Version: 3.3.4
  • Detailed description to reproduce error: Connected to a MacBook Pro 13” 2019 (MacBookPro15,2) with macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) and an iPhone X (iOS 13.4.1), as long as I have both devices connected to the headphones playback (either from MacBook or iPhone) will have periodic stutters
  • Where do I run in this issue? Everywhere with Audio Playback (Zoom Calls, Music, …)
  • When did this occur? Immediately after the update. Before everything was working fine.
  • Any troubleshooting steps: “Forget bluetooth device” on iPhone and MacOs, did the reset as described above, no success. As soon as both devices are connected again the issue occurs. However, with only one device connected the stutter disappears.

A quick bugfix or option to rollback to the previous firmware would be highly appreciated.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hello, 

my NC700 updated yesterday. Now the stutter appears randomly. The stutter occurs more often on my iPad than on my iPhone. Previously everything was fine.

- Bose NC 700

- Firmware Version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

- App Version: 3.3.4

- When does the stutter happen: randomly while playing anything from my iPhone/iPad. The stutter does not appear when the headphone cord is used (on my Windows PC)

- The error occurred first after the update to 1.4.12

-Services: Apple Music, YouTube 

- Devices: iPhone 7 Plus; iOS 13.4.1

iPad Pro 12.9“ (1st Generation); iPadOS 13.4.1

- Reset of all connections and of the headphones with no improvement

Hope to see a fix for that, new features like the EQ are great!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 12, 2020

HI Anne_S, here are the informations requested:

• Bose product model
- Bose NC 700 Headphones
• Bose product firmware version
https://imgur.com/a/5kg0XiE
 • Bose app version
https://imgur.com/a/25XCcxk
- Audio playback stutters and often I can hear a crackling noise when playing audio. The issue happens more frequently when I have two devices connected to the headphones but since the last firmware update there was one instance where it happened even when connected to just one device. The crackling noise happens every time I switch the audio source from one device to another and during audio playback it is accompanied by a stutter that happens very frequently.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
- It occurs every time I play audio and have two devices connected at the same time. When I switch from one device to another it happens and during playback on one device too. This problem has always occurred, even in the previous firmware version.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?
- I am using an iPhone X on iOS 13.4.1 and a MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar on MacOS 10.15.4. The problem occurs while listening to audio in Spotify, Netflix and Youtube. I didn't test any other services.
- The issue already existed in the previous firmware version of the headphones and persists into this one.

- I just followed your instructions.