Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi all,

I have a pair of Bose 700 headphones bought around a month ago. Since I've been using them I've had constant issues with them randomly restarting when using over bluetooth. This will restart will happen almost everytime I use them over bluetooth and as I use them for a lot of conference calls it's really quite annoying. When they turn back on they make the connection sound and show they are connected again but no one can hear me talking - this is fixed by a manual reboot.

I can't find a pattern to them restarting, sometimes it will be within the first 10 minutes and others it might be after several hours. This has happened when connected to a PC and Android phone. It's never happened when connected over cable to my PS4 so I think this is somehow related to bluetooth.

Also, since the latest app update I can no longer see any bluetooth connections - this screen is now blank so I cannot switch between devices in the app.

I'm running the app on Android, Auto-off is set to Never.

Firmware - 1.4.12

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that so many of you are running into this stuttering issue. As we reported previously, we have passed along the details you provided to our development teams. Right now, we believe we have all the information we need and they are working on a resolution. I don’t have any further details at this time, but will be sure to update you when we do.

All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

@doblej92 I have an Intel Wireless ac 8260 with integrated BT 4.2

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Since I updated my bose 700, I can't connect to new devices... Holding bluetooth doesn't do anything.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

Can you work on the Bose NCH 700 white red flashing issue? I lived with the stutter when connecting to multiple device, but the red/white flashing error I can't even turn on the headphones, it just turns right back off.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Pretty sure @user0610a20 is talking about totally different problem but merged into a completely different thread. Hmm. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

this is for @user0610a20  2 weeks ago i faced this.. my headset was charged 15 hours ( i was pretty sure it was 15 hours and not 15 mins) and after 40~45 mins it dropped on me. i thought maybe i am wrong and kept for charge, no luck. diff port on laptop, wall charge, kept for 2 hours nothing helped. but a support ticket helped. they gave me prepaid label. i shipped the faulty headset and today i got new headset. so depending on your country please approach support they will solve it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Yup, this started happening to me a few weeks ago.

• Bose product model: Bose 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.4.1
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: A stutter every 60 seconds or so when connected to multiple devices.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?: Everywhere I connect to more than one device. At home a few weeks ago.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9): iPhone 8 on iOS 13.4.1. MacBook Pro (Early 2015, 13", Retina) on MacOS 10.15.5.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? A few weeks ago. I believe so.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.: I followed the steps outlined in this post several times. If anything, the stutter got worse.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I am sticking with Firmware version 1.1.4.1144+be3bf4b and is no longer giving me stutter sound or any other issues with multiple devices connected. even the battery is giving me proper 20+ hours message with full charge. 

so far staying with initial firmware has proven successful. as usual the Bose Music app started downloading updates and i just deleted the app. life is better now without this app. i will attempt upgrade only when new firmwares are released and valuable forum members give thumps up! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Sony is apparently releasing their new competitor to the Bose 700 next week (or at least by the end of the month). Given that I have owned these for ~2 months and haven't had a single day of proper function, that is my deadline for a return. I would like to stick with the product I bought, but I have decided to go with whichever company can get me a functioning set of headphones sooner: Bose with a functional firmware update or Sony with an entirely new product release. I just thought the other frustrated folks within their warranty window and return window would be interested to know that another option is on the way very soon.