Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I agree. No improvement in stuttering with 1.7. Never have I been more disappointed with a Bose product.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I checked this forum because my replacement pair of NC700's were driving me crazy, so I was very excited to finally see that there has been an update! Thank you (but you could have told us it was coming rather than leaving us to wonder why there was no response).

I have installed the update and I am still getting stutter, but it is better than before I updated to 1.7. I am connected to only one device (my PC) and I turned off Bluetooth, removed the headphones and restarted both the PC and headphones before reconnecting.

I appreciate you working on it, but it hasn't fixed the problem.  You said you were going to close this thread. Does that mean that this is fixed as far as you're concerned? If so, my hopes of a fix have all but disappeared.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

I have never commented on an online forum before but having invested $400 on headphones that drive me cuckoo up a tree, don't work as advertised, and offer no solution in this forum, felt I had to chime in. Fix this stuttering, please?  What is the point in buying a BOSE product like this if it makes your life worse, not better?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

I also had the same issue with stuttering, even after updating the headphone to 1.70. The headphone is connected to a PC windows 10 and an Iphone X via a bluetooth adapter. 

But I think I may have a work-around to this problem. After I remove the bluetooth connection from my Iphone to my PC, everything is working fine. I can listen to music and youtube from my PC without stutter, initiate a phonecall from the phone, and return automatically to music / youtube from my PC after the call ended. Receiving a phonecall requires me to switch the phone's audio to the headphone manually, but i guess it's because the headphone is announcing the caller's number before i pick up the call. I will try to disable the headphone's announcement, and see if that fix the problem. 

It's been 2 days, and so far so good. Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Same problem here:

Firmware: 1.7

Phone: iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 14

Computer: MacBook Pro 13" running Catalina (10.15.6)

I get stuttering when both devices connected and I play sound through Spotify. It disappears when I disconnect the phone. 

Like people said, getting this from the most expensive headphones I've ever bought is disappointing, to say the least. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Updated to the latest Firmware 1.7. It couldn't solve the stuttering issue. 

Condition: Connected to a phone (Android or iPhone) and a computer (PC or Mac)

Issue: Stuttering appears when the computer is the active stream. (No issue with the phone as the active stream.)

Please fix. This makes Sony wh-1000xm4 a better product. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I think it got even worse then first. I'm using this headset a lot for Microsoft Teams meetings.

My configuration consists of a PC with a MSI Z370 Pro motherboard and a Intel AC 9560 wireless/bluetooth module. Apart from that I have a Jabra 370 USB adapter and a separate TP-Link UB400 USB Bluetooth dongle. Al have there specific issues in relation with the NC700.

When on version 1.3 calling voice quality using the Jabra dongle was pretty good. The only issue was that the headset seemed to  change BT profiles when setting up or answering a call. As a result I could bot hear the other end. The only way to overcome was restarting the headset. 

On v1.5 this seemed to be fixed, but after a while I had the white/red flash issue and my headset was replaced. 

The replacement is now on 1.7 and now the Jabra module is not working at all most of the times. The only way to get it working sometimes is setting PC audio on in the Jabra control app. The built-in BT and BT usb adapter are giving a distorted voice quality most of the times during a call. At this moment using it icm the Teams android client on my phone seems to be the best of all worse options.

I hope that someday Bose will manage to fix this, because I love the headset itself and the meeting attendees are enthusiastic about the inbound noice cancelation. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @Wayne_M 

the stuttering issue is not solved with the 1.7.0 update. How long should we wait for the company to own up its mistakes? 

It’s been around 6 months for crying out loud and still Bose is incapable of fixing the issues. 
p.s. even the battery life issue too isn’t solved. 

How much longer will the customers be kept in dark?

This feels more like an issue with the hardware than software. What are the next steps Bose is going to take to address the issue? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Do we know if there is anyone with the Bose 700 who does NOT have this stuttering problem when two devices are connected?

I was in contact with Bose support and they claimed that they could not confirm the problem on their end and suggested I get a replacement under warranty. I have instead chosen to ask for a refund, waiting until the firmware becomes better.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

@Wayne_M @Anne_S Can you please acknowledge that 1.7.0 did not fix the stuttering issue that we have all been complaining about? I tried Sony's XM4 last week and I was blown away by how seamless it is with multiple devices. We need the fix ASAP.