Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I just got my Bose QC 700 and I like the hardware. The app is not as sophisticated as SONY's but is simple to use and get the job done. 

But when I connect with my mac and iPhone, there are some extremely annoy cracking noise would appear as I play music or video. I've tried all the ways, like repairing, resetting, etc. The only way to fix it would be to disconnect one of my devices. That is horrible! 

I think it would be a software problem because this happens when I update the software on my headset on the bose music app. 

BTW, this cracking noise happened also at my bose revolve link speaker. 

Other than that the headset is good, but switching between multiple devices is the one important feature included in the 400 dollar price tag.

I've been Bose's loyal customer since the QC 15. This is the first time that I am so annoyed to make a post to complain about a product, usually, I would just return them. But I like the QC 700 other than that cracking noise. 

Please fix that in your next update of the software! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hey guys,

It's been over a week since I posted this and I've been connecting manually to devices (not using the app) since the app no longer shows me any bluetooth connections on the bluetooth screen. At first this was really annoying as it's really handy to quickly switch from device to device via the app but it seems to have fixed the restart issue.

Since i've stopped using the app to connect I've not had 1 call drop or a random restart - there must be something in the way the app handles the connections that is causing them to drop.

I'd recommend others give it a go to see if this works for you. Not ideal, but far better than a sub-par app and random dropouts.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Hey @bose, are you guys aware this is still an issue for a lot of your customers? We paid for a high end product, but all we got is a stuttering device and absolute silence from you guys.

Stuttering was minimal the last few weeks, like only 5 times a day. But it's back in its full glory now, stuttering like 5 times a minute.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@Anne_S Any news about this? Will you release an attempt to fix "later this summer " as you said on the battery life issue thread? This is unacceptable for this price tag headphones. I prefer Bose sound rather than Sony, but xm4 are going to be released VERY SOON and it seems they will have multi-pairing so...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I want to echo this. Everyone i know with 700s has the same issue, and for me it's really a killer for these headphone. I've owned Bose Headphones of one sort of another for 20 years and this is the first disappointing issued i've had. I will also be looking at the Sony's in a weeks time.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi @underdogmario 

This seems to be a common known issue with the NC 700 headphones. This has been acknowledged over a month ago.

The frustrating thing is, there is complete silence from @bose  regarding this after the initial acknowledgement and they have kept the customers in the dark. For a pair of premium headphones, they're taking too long to fix the issue while still selling the defective products. Either they are not taking it seriously or have no competence to fix this issue. Read the comments on the thread above from other users for better understanding of the issue (especially the latest ones).

My personal solution: If you are in a period of returning the headphones back, I would definitely without a doubt opt for it and maybe go for Sony or other headphones. If you really want to stick with Bose, I would still return the current ones and wait till Bose fixes the issue and then buy the new ones (maybe at an even better price).

I will soon be writing about this issue in other public forums as I am thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with BOSE.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

My Bose NCH700 was recently purchased from the website, and I have it paired to both my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my Surface Pro 6, but when I use it wirelessly on the Surface to watch a Youtube video, sound randomly cuts off for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. I don't get why it happens, and it was a very new purchase.

Is there any solutions to fixing this? I tried to update the software and it's already on the newest version. It rarely happens on my phone, but when watching a video or something on the surface it cuts off.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

I have the same problem with several months now and has made working from home more painful. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I have a similar issue with Spotify cutting out about every 3rd song or so.  I've performed all the housecleaning steps I can think of such as clearing my cache, deleting or moving large files, updating, restarting...you name it.  Any advice on this issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

No notifications, just watching and listening to music and youtube with the headphones. it just cuts off for a few seconds and then continues again. 

I have cleared the pairing list and tried it, it still happens. Any more suggestions?

It happens on both my Surface Pro 6 and my Samsung Galaxy S9+. Should I exchange it for a new one since I have recently purchased it from the website about a week prior?

only have these two devices.