cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

it's been 1 and a half months. I think it is time to ask this. @bose @Anne_S I bought my bose 700 on amazon Spain. I want YOU to replace my defective bose 700 to some other no defective pair with the same or better characteristics, for example, the sony wh1000xm3, or if it has been released by the time you read this, the xm4. It is just embarrassing for your brand to release a defective firmware which affects all your bose 700 and do NOTHING to resolve it. Not just that, you don't give dates, you said you will prioritize this issue and, right now, what's the result? You haven't done ANYTHING for us. you have buried the BOSE brand. I've spent 300€ on your faulty headphones. WE DON'T DESERVE THIS, @bose. WE PAY YOUR SALARY BY BUYING YOUR OVERPRICED AND FAULTY HEADPHONES. AT LEAST YOU OWE US AN EXPLANATION.  (contact me by private message to manage the shipping of the Sony headphones as soon as possible, thank you.) 

sdol
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Have been using Bose headsets (CQ15 and CQ35) on a daily basis for 8 years straight, amazing headsets. Somehow impulsively ended up buying a Sony WH-1000XM3 and loved everything about it except that I can't connect both PC and iPhone at the same time.

So back to Bose with the 700, right?! Bought them yesterday and great headset, at least just as good. But this occasional stutter is really annoying and the only way to make it stop is disconnecting my iPhone...back to square one...

One other feature it has over the Sony is side tone, love it. Will do some more testing in the coming 2 weeks before deciding if I'll return it. It ticks all the boxes, hopefully they manage to make the connection more reliable with 2 devices connected in a next firmware update as would love to keep it. Else we might need to wait and see if the soon to be released WH-1000XM4 is able to keep two devices connected without stutter. But will it have side tone 🙂

UPDATE:

Have been playing around a bit and discovered that for me there is NO STUTTER after uninstalling the Bose Music app from my iPhone X. I can listen to music from my PC and when making/receiving calls on my iPhone it will still automatically switch to the call.

Only thing that it now lacks is when I play media like music/video/etc on my iPhone it will no longer switch to the headset. For me personally that is not the end of the world, always listen to music from my PC and only want to be able to accept calls from my phone so this might be a viable workaround for the time being. Will do some more testing.

UPDATE2:

Before you decide to uninstall Bose Music....somehow the stutters seem to be back and had to fully disconnect my iPhone to get rid of it. Very frustrating. Please fix Bose.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@fodaveg 

I contacted Bose customer care on their Whatsapp number.. As I have already replaced my headphones twice due to various issue and now am not satisfied with this horrible firmware.. they offered me to refund the money or to opt for other Bose products.

I suggest everyone who is frustrated to contact the customer care and avail this option..

I have no hopes that @bose  is going to fix this issue anytime soon..

Border
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

I have the same problem 🤦🏻‍♂️,u have WhatsApp?

Border
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

I have the same problem

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@Borderyes, I live in Germany and can contact them via Whatsapp

https://www.bose.de/de_de/contact_us.html

Border
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

It does not help the problem continues

GeezerDude
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

This seems to be an issue with the equalizer function.  While listening on my laptop the ear phones will crackle multiple times a minute.  Disconnecting within the apps helps but it still crackles every few minutes.  Disconnecting the device from bluetooth on my phone, seems to eliminate the problem all together.

Iphone 11 Pro - 13.5.1

MacBook Pro - 10.15.5

giohwang@outlook.com
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

I am having the same issue.

The devices my QC 700 is connected are iPhone 8, iPad Pro 2018, and MacBook Pro 2019.

Firmware ver: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

App ver: 3.4.1

I followed the reset instruction but the problem persists.

It's a shame that the premium headphone as QC 700 is having this critical issue.

Please advice what's next.

cshbicos
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Hi all,

just to pile on to everyone before:

Firmware ver: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

- Got random restarts

- Got stutter with Windows 10 (randomly, not all the time)

- The app is crap and connects maybe 1/10 times. Using the app lead to restarts though

- Sometimes restarts are preceeded by a long beep as if some speaker just got stuck on a frequency

- The battery life is off after full load

- The lady that announces connections needs to take a 1 second think in between device names

I paid a lot of money for these headphones and need to use them in business calls all day long. These problems lead to me being dropped out of important discussions and phone calls. I do not think I can continue for long with these headsets in their current state before my customers see me as pretty unprofessional.

=> AND NEITHER SHOULD BOSE! The fact that after a month there is no update or any suggestion on when an update will be here is acceptable for a $100 noname manufacturer. Bose is trying to play in the high end league, but glitches like this just cannot happen there!