Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

NC 700 Noise Canceling Headphones

Firmware Version: 1.4.12

iOS App Version: 3.4.1

Every 5-10 seconds the headphones cut out from noise crackling / distortion. I have already updated everything I can from the app to the firmware, and I've deleted the headphones from my phone's and laptop's Bluetooth settings. NOTHING has helped despite support feedback in this community forum. The only resolution is of course to disconnect from any other device you may not be listing to sound on. While that is a fix, you completely remove a useful feature of your headphones and let other competitors win over you who have similar offerings while paired to multiple devices.

This is absolutely ridiculous after shelling out nearly $400 for their newest and greatest noise-canceling headphones, apparently, that they've ever made. Unfortunately, this is a HUGE issue with many people around the globe and I hope Bose has additional advice they can provide on this subject outside of flat out returning my headphones and going through that RMA process we all dread. FIX the issue!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

still unpinned? UP!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

This needs to be pinned so that users are aware of this issue. Unpinning would in fact cause more users to create new threads talking about the same issue. Case in point: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-NC-700-Broken-crackling-sound/td-p/27079...

@Anne_S can we get an update to if the developers have at least been able to reproduce this issue in house?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Following your requests, this post has been pinned again so that you can have easy access to it. I wanted to reassure you: this issue is important to our engineering team and they are actively working on it.

I haven't yet received an update but I will let you know as soon as I hear from them. 

I understand that the wait can be frustrating and, as always, I'd like to thank you for your patience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Yikes, I thought I was the only one having this problem.  I've had my Bose 700s for a couple of weeks and this issue is extremely frustrating.  The crackling/hiccups are a concern when listening to music connected to my computer.  It is especially bad when connected to my Android phone simultaneously.  I've tried all of the troubleshooting as recommended by Bose, but the problem persists.  All firmware is up to date, and my laptop/phone are flagship devices purchased in the past year.  Turning the headset off/on seems to help temporarily.  However, after using my phone again for calls, the problem continues to persist.

I'm not sure if anyone has considered the Jabra Evolve2 85?  It's a similar headset but the price point is higher.  From some reviews (https://www.eliostruyf.com/my-review-of-the-jabra-evolve2-85-headset/) and other Reddit ones, the call quality on the Evolve2's appear to be hit and miss.  I use my headset for my business, and calls need to be clear which thankfully, is the case for my Bose 700s.  

I had a look at some of the past threads in the forms, and it's extremely unfortunate these issues continue to persist.  This is my first Bose device, and I had always assumed they were synonymous with quality, but my experience (and those on the forums here) says so otherwise.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

The amount of people that are having this specific problem seems to be increasing. No update yet.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@Anne_S no update yet?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Have these headphones been recalled?  Are stores still selling them? The should stop selling them until they are working as advertised.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Are most of you connecting to a computer and a phone or like a phone and another phone or tablet/iPad?  I have no issues when connected to 2 phones (iPhone Xs Max & Galaxy S8), but I have not tried connecting to a computer and a phone.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@HiFi80sMan79I am using it with my iPhone and iPad.. I had similar issue when also using it with my macbook pro..

Earlier the stuttering was only when it with my iPad, but lately it has been even with my iPhone.. and somehow it's getting worse.