Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

My best bet is, even Bose doesn't know how to fix the issue.. They too were waiting for Sony XM4 to be released so that they can see how Sony have done multi-device connection right and then reverse engineer it 🙂

Such a pathetic and overrated company which has no care for its customers..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Did anybody test the XM4 already? Is it behaving better? I watched a couple of comparison reviews but neither of them talks about the stutter issues.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

I own XM4. It stutters sometimes but very rarely (like once every 2-3h). I started monitoring issue here, since while I like XM4 regarding music better, I think that 700 are more comfortable to wear, ANC is better (though I feel ANC "pressure" when using 700s) , usage is generally more user friendly (XM4 is gimmicky) and I think microphone quality is way better. So, if not the damned stutter issue on 700s I'd probably stick with them..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I think Bose has bluetooth implemented just right in QC35 which i own, but it appears that knowledge was lost in QC700 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Bose guys! Could you please update us on this issue please?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

How many folks have had a serious reduction in noise cancellation since this update?

I've seen some posts on this forum mentioning it but I'm trying to figure out if the NC issue is hardware or also attached to this firmware problem. I used to have great noise cancelling, but now there's hardly any differences between the levels and on level 10 I can hear voices from another room with my door closed, keyboard typing, fans, beeps, street noise all very easily. It is a very clear regression in quality and has nothing to do with resetting your headphones or whatever suggestions I've seen moderators provide. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

On my third pair and although the previous two had other problems, ALL three have had the same stutter, skip and crackling in common. Purchased on launch date in Aus for $600AUD. First pair worked great for a few months. I believe the first pair started giving me issues around April-May. Sent them back to Bose to get a replacement. Soon after I received the second pair, I started experiencing sound and battery issues. This last pair has had the most annoying sound issues from all three. 

Customer service in Australia has been great though. Cannot fault the team out here as I have received my replacement headphones in a few days just after returning (shipping) the faulty ones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

I did the recommended steps and want to share some of my results since this might help some people and the devs from Bose. (reset the Headset,  remove all the pairing list and then remove the pairing on all my devices).  I think repaired my devices from the Bluetooth settings and not from the Bose App.

Alright, This appears to be a mix of issues. As many others in the forum I am as well having issues with my 700s specially when conecting with my MacBook Pro.   I just use them for my videoconference but not for listening music or watching videos.  I have noticed that when connecting my headset to my Mac and even without playing music I can hear slight stutter like some sort of interference.  

Now,  the only other thing connected via bluetooth is my Logi mouse.   So I turned off the mouse and the only thing connected is the 700 headset,  same issue between every 20-30 seconds there is this slight stutter as if it was connecting and disconnecting or when its buffering audio.    I then connected only my Logi and started keep moving the mouse pointer up and down and noticed that it was also stuttering between those 20-30 seconds.

Then I ran some other tests:

• When connected to my iPhone X without playing music or sound there is no stutter or interference.
  • When connected to my iPhone X playing music, videos or sounds there is no stutter or interference.

• When connected to my iPad Pro without playing music or sound there  is no stutter or interference.
  • When connected to my iPad Pro playing music, movies or sounds there  is no stutter or interference.

I am still to debug what software is running on my Mac  (MB Pro 15inc 2018 - Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021) ) or checking the error console but I believe that I have some rogue background program that is causing this stutter. If you are facing the same issue with your Mac try doing those tests if you have a bluetooth mouse.

So my suggestion here is check also if you have any other software (it can be unrelated to Bluetooth or the bluetooth services!) that might be running in the background and/or spiking your CPU, that might one way to get rid of the stutter. Will continue testing.

Running on latest firmware on my Headset and latest iPad 13.6.1 and iPhone 13.6.1 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

I looked into that earlier (prior to owning 700s), and it seems that in that regard the main issue is the Handoff feature on MBP that sends BT "pulse" every 20-30s or so in order to share clipboards and see what other devices in the vicinity have opened (like sharing tabs in Safari and so on).

Disabling this usually resolves BT connectivity issue, I for one, however would rather have those issues resolved since I know that there exist headsets (AirPods, XM4 for that matter) that work without stuttering...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

@Anne_S Any update?