Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices
I recently received a new pair of NC 700 headphones. They were giving me the stuttering issue even without sound playing from the second device. The Bose Music app was telling me they were on the latest firmware version (1.3.1) so I tried following the provided steps to reset the device:
If you have identified this as an issue for you, there are couple of troubleshooting steps we would like you to try. Firstly, make sure that your Bose Music app is up-to-date (version 3.3.4) and then try a reset of your headphones:
1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.
Upon attempting step 3, when I connected the headphones using the provided USB-C cable, both the power light and bluetooth light flashed and then went dark. Now the headphones won't turn on at all and I can't even play audio through them by connecting them to a headphone jack. When I try to plug them in to charge, the power light does not turn on. The headphones are completely bricked.
Now that my headphones are a paperweight, I can't connect them to the Bose music app to find all the exact information that I need, but I will do my best with what I can remember / find without connecting them.
• Bose product model - NC 700
• Bose product firmware version - 1.3.1
• Bose app version - 4.0.1
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Headphones are completely dead. They will not power on, will not charge, will not play audio when connected to a headphone jack. To reproduce: Follow the recommended reset instructions (pasted above)
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - The audio stuttering issue has occurred for as long as I've had the headphones (less than 2 months). The stuttering would continue even with the second device muted. The stuttering would last far longer than just a few seconds, up to several minutes until I lost patience and turned off the bluetooth on my phone. The headphones died completely a few minutes ago
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - The two devices that I had connected to my headphones were Windows 10 PC, version 20H2, and Google Pixel 3, the stuttering issue occurred on both Android 10 and 11
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? My headphones have always exhibited the stuttering problem since I got them in July.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. I took the recommended steps to reset the headphones and it bricked them.