Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
  • Screenshot attached
    • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) screenshot attached
    • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce Well I am using both my MacBook and my iPhone 8 plus I have glitchy Ness and sound cut off
    • Where do you run into the issue? see above
  • Where and when did it first occur? the whole time i’ve owned them, about 3 weeks 
    • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Macbook Air 2020; Iphone 8 plus latest update included
    • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? As soon as I got them, No
    • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. I tried debugging my bluetooth on my mac

7263D2F7-2967-4020-9E23-CC7B81E672A6.jpeg

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

As requested, here are my share of the details:

• Bose product model
    NC 700 Headphones
  • Bose product firmware version
    1.7.0-10068+f3675e6 (see screenshot below)
    IMG_0406.png
  • Bose app version
    4.1.1 (see screenshot below)
    IMG_0407.png
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
    Stutter/audio dropout every 20 seconds to 5 mins when connected to iPhone 7 (running iOS 14.0.1) and 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro (running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7).
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
    It occurred as soon as I got and started using the headphones (~1 week ago). I had updated FW on the NC 700s as soon as I unboxed them, so I was unable to compare with older versions of FW. As mentioned in the previous question, this happens every time I have 2 devices connected.
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?
    Using a iPhone 7 (running iOS 14.0.1) and 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro (running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7). The stutter occurs regardless of use-case (whether streaming something in the browser on my MacBook or Spotify from my iPhone).
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
    As mentioned in a prior question, this issue was present from first use (~1 week ago). I cannot say for certain if this issue was present on previous FW that the headphones came with as I never tried them with the old FW. 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.
    Cleared pairing lists on my iPhone and MacBook Pro and repaired NC 700s twice. Reset bluetooth module on my MacBook Pro twice. Reset the headphones (using the provided instructions) around 4-5 times. The only workaround is to disconnect the second device such that only one remains connected.

Happy to provide the serial number and Product ID (GUID) if required.

The key takeaway is that I am on the latest FW and app version (as of today) but I'm still experiencing stutters.

Perhaps a suggestion for a workaround till there's a permanent fix: Add a setting to enable/disable multipoint Bluetooth. This will at least save us the hassle of manually disconnecting a device every time we power on the headphones.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Did the new Music App update fix the crackling? I'm listening to an audiobook on my pc while being also connected to my phone ... and there is no crackling or stutter. 

I just can't believe it! Needs more testing/listening.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Spot on!  I've had these headphones since they came out (got a replacement for a different reason recently), and the crackling is very annoying.

Set-up: iPhone X and MacBook 16".  Crackles often with Youtube, and other media.  Generally ok for zoom meetings and phone calls.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

I can't believe it was not fixed yet.

Good thing I haven't sold my 5y old QC 35.

I got 700 for the mic's background removal and I am satisfied with how it removes background noise during the calls, but the stutter is a deal breaker for me - I will ask for a refund.

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
    1.7.0-10068+f3675e6
    Screenshot_20201008-131654.png
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
    You know what's wrong. Connected to two devices. The sound stutters once in a while (a brief silence).
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on?
    Connected to MacBook Pro 15'' mid-2015 and Pixel 3 (listening to Spotify on Pixel or MacBook)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
    It didn't.
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.
    I installed the newest version of firmware and Bose Music app
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

Same problem as everybody else: sound stutters when listening to music via BT from laptop, will go away if I switch off BT on my iPhone; but then what's the point of having paid €400 to have the ability to simultaneously connect to 2 BT sources if I still have to switch source to pick up a call? Sadly, my 30-day return period has expired and the Sony are not an option given painful pressure on my head... Disapointed really.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Same problem as above, stuttering when playing via blutooth on macbook pro and connected via bluetooth to iphone; disconnecting iphone fixes issue.

Am returning mine for a replacement, knowing it likely it won't fix the problem, but might as well try.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I was interested to see that this has been an issue for some time, because I have only experienced the stuttering since I updated the FW to 1.7. I didn't have this problem before. I do hope this can be fixed. It is very disappointing for my first pair of expensive headphones to have this major flaw. One of the features which made me buy them in the first place was that I could connect them to two devices. I have now started using them with a wired connection for laptop/iPad and only have BT for the iPhone. Please fix this Bose!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

WOW. Thanks god that I have read all this comments before receiving the 'Bose 700' from the shop, I still can cancel the order and get A full refund!

The main factor to buy Bose 700 over the Sony XM4 was better microphone and call quality, but why is it matter if the I cant even switch properly to the call? 

Thanks all for sharing, I will order the Sony XM4. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

stuttering is annoying, but it's a dumb decision not to buy 700 because of that.

My setup is android phone + macbook pro. I reset bluetooth module on mac and it helped quite a bit. I've read that it might be mac's problem with bluetooth.