erock
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

I've updated windows to 20H2 and now I am also having the stuttering audio w/ crackle issue.
Like other posters, Bluetooth connection stutters, hands free does not, neither does using audio cable. iPhone 6 does not stutter/crackle. 

I have tried all the advice given, clearing lists, removing Bluetooth connections, reconnecting, one device vs. two at the same time (iPhone + pc). This really seems like a driver issue.

Is there an alternate Bluetooth driver I can try?

PC: mac mini late 2012 (bootcamp) running Windows 10 version 20H2 (previous version was working fine)
mobile device: iPhone 6
App version: 4.2.4
Firmware version: 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590
Date of Manufacture:
November 13, 2019

pkagrawal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Hey @Wayne_M any leads on this? We have been waiting for an update which solves this issue for ages now!

erock
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I found this link on the message board
https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC700-Found-a-working-bluetooth-dongle-for-Wi...

I disabled bluetooth on my main board as an experiment, and installed an older bluetooth 4.0 dongle I had lying around (Broadcom ... from Monoprice from a few years back). It's not perfect, but is 80% better than what happened.  I still have crackling cut/outs on Spotify and Google Meet, but at least it I have proven to myself that it's a software windows/bose issue. 

I saw an advert for a Bose specific dongle that might be being released (can't speak to price). 

That link above is someone who has tried a bunch of dongles and is offering advice. 

@bose consider reading that post and taking notes. The support on this issue has been quite lacking! Your customer loyalty is taking a hit. Your users are not stupid, gathering up our firmware and app versions is lovely but if we can figure out the reason why your product is not working, are you seriously saying (with you silence ) that you cannot? Please don't think for a moment we're going to purchase another pair of updated headphones b/c you can't fix this software issue. We should be offered a dongle to make up for this issue.

Good luck to everyone who's update windows in past year, and shame on you Bose.

erock
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

bose is offering this accessory. for 69.95  USD, you might want to try the cheaper usb dongles first, before trying out this one...

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/headphone_accessories/bose-usb-link.html#v=bose_usb_l...

I haven't decided yet.

YohsaBinnoon
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Hello,

I have the latest version (1.8.2) installed, and I just ran the updater and it told me I have the latest version installed.

My Bose 700 is simply AWEFUL when connected to two devices, be it an iPhone and a Win 10, or an iPhone and a Mac, or an iPhone and an iPad, etc. It does not matter what the combination is, it will stutter so bad when connected to two devices that I'm better off with a cheap $5 wired headphones.

I truly suspect the two devices feature is not really possible over bluetooth. Bose probably know this and it's why they have recently released a new 700 UC model with a dongle.

Is there a solution to this really bad inherited issue? Will there be recalls similar to the Sleepbuds? I'm starting to hate listening to my Bose 700!!!

My device is fairly new, it shows manufacture date Jan 13, 2020. Firmware 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

YohsaBinnoon
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I don't think it's a driver issue, don't go mess with your other devices and break them. I have a feeling Bose 700 is incapable at the hardware level to maintain a two-device connection. I'm starting to suspect it was a rushed "minimal viable product" design decision by the Bose team to rush a product to market to compete with the flawless Sony MX headphones.

PennyBit
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Hi,

I've bought this headphones in November, since then I get this glitch/stutter only when I connect two source together. After troubleshooting the issue, by myself and with the support (here the thread) it seems that the only way to get rid of the issue is to connect one source at time.

Apparently many users are getting the same issue as I can clearly see in this thread so I ended up posting here.

Now I just want to know if it is a known defect so it is not resolvable, in this case I would like to have the choice to apply for a refund and ship them back. Instead if it is resolvable, please tell me what I have to do in order to solve the problem. This is "advertised as a compelling feature to be able to connect to 2 devices at the same time" so why it doesn't work?

All the os's and firmware are updated:

iPhone XS iOS 14.4

Bose firmware 1.8.2

Bose Music App 4.2.4

MacBook Pro (15" 2017) macOS 10.15.7 (for working reason I can't upgrade to last macOS version yet)

Please Help!

Thank you.

•Akira_shiroi•
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2021

I have a pair of Bose 700 headphones that i bought around a year or so , I'm having problems with the audio. It would often stutter for unknown reasons and I'm on a mobile device (oppo reno 10X zoom)  I'm not quite sure what caused the Stuttering, i think it fell from my bed When i was sleeping is that the cause of the audio Stuttering??.

Any info is helpful !

dorami
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2021

Hi, all.

I have exactly same issues with you guys. (iPhone x, iPhone 12 pro, Macbook pro 15, bose app 4.2.4, firmware newest) But the service center can't even find these problems. They keep saying there is no problem with nc700 :). I think Bose has a difference in opinion by country. What a brand it is...

I also want to buy a Bluetooth module that Bose made but in some country that doesn't admit this problem don't have the product. 

I won't recommend Bose to anyone.

Nafaao
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I have been reporting this as well, just as you describe, for well over a year. No resolution to date. I have searched YouTube and web for a way to fix this “stuttering” when more than one device is connected with zero results on a fix. I have reset my NC700’s many, many, many....many times, cleared the history of connected evinces, everything Bose says to do and....they still stutter when connected to more than one device. I kind of gave up as my headphones are out of warranty...thought maybe sending them back and getting another would help to fix it but I read where someone did that and the same thing happened. 
so... dry interested if it ever gets fixed...will just keep checking!