allancw
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Well, gosh, I did several steps but the problem did resolve. I tried all the steps in a the other major previous post about this (dated 07-20-2019).

• Bose product model: Bose 700
• Bose product firmware version: 1.82 (Current as of Feb-28-2021)
• Bose app version: 4.3.3
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Similar to many other, problem was constant stuttering once paired to 2 devices.  Disabling bluetooth on either of my devices (2016 Macbook, iPhone 😎 and the problem immediately disappeared.  No discernible ability to effect how bad the stuttering would get.  
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? Issue was immediately from day 1.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (iPhone 8 ios 14.4, 2016 Macbook 10.14.6 Mojave)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? No, it was immediate.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

Steps I took (unfortunately after many failed attempts troubleshooting, I did 4 steps at once so I cannot guarantee which fixed it... >.<):

-Changed routers to 5ghz to avoid any BT interference

-Reset OSX PRAM

-Reset OSX Bluetooth Module

-Did the steps in the 1st post (though the holding down power while plugging in USB-C connector and waiting for BT to blink blue never seemed to work...)

-Unpaired all devices, repaired in the order suggested (Mobile "Pair" first, reset mobile device, then click "Connect"), then laptop 2nd.

I know many people are disappointed with Bose, but honestly I think bluetooth has never been particularly known for stability, especially when mulitple audio connections are involved... so far it's working for the past 30 mins, so if it reoccurs then I'll try my steps one at a time and see.

ocp_unit_001
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Purchased the 700's a month ago and just started running into this problem today. I've tried all the rebooting steps, updates, disconnecting, and reconnecting and the only thing that seems to work is only having one device connected at a time. This is unbelievably annoying.

I just took a look and it looks like this thread started 11 months ago! I purchased these to be my all-day go-to headphones and working from home with someone else who does on top of needing to switch to music, calls, etc. for multiple devices, this just won't cut it...at all.

Shame, I loved my previous Bose headphones, used them for years, but these are going back in the box and returned tonight. I hear Sony made some comparable and cheaper headphones that seem like a better deal at this point.

puerto
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Unbelievable but true!!  After months of restarting issues.... I tried something I found on this topic and it worked!!     Deleting the ultimate ears app, the ue boom app I didn't have the problem anymore.

Looks like there is a conflicting issue with other apps that use bluetooth? Deleting the boom app worked for me.

Ryannnnnnn
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2021

The connectivity issues are unreal - only been 1 day and I'm sick of them already.. It's impossible to connect 2 devices to them without crackles, cutting out, failed connections, etc, etc, etc. Now I've gone through forum after forum and have seen A) these problems are widespread with no great solution and B) Bose representatives have offered BS in response to complaints, over and over and over again with seemingly hundreds of unsatisfied customers. I'm out - returning these tomorrow. Either Bose doesn't really care or they are completely ignorant...

NYMonster24
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Let's skip the routine debugging, shall we?

NC700 stuttering has been an issue for 1+ year without a fix. As a Bose fan, I believe Bose is able to build another headphone out of this timeframe. So if this is a firmware issue, it should have been fixed. I lost faith in Bose because it doesn't do the right thing when things go wrong and not because of the issue of the product. 

Please do the right thing and recall all the affected units. 

Thank you!

A Bose Fan No More

P.S. I am sure that I am not the first one to quit Bose and will not be the last one.

amirsol2003
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2021

I have Bose NC 700 and it is connected yo my Samsung galaxy s8 and my Macbook but there is a problem that every while and then it makes some cracking noise. It is happening for example when I listening to music! I have tested with Windows 10 as well and it is happening there too!

When I disconnect my phone it is better but still, it makes noise. It is something like switching between audio sources multiple times (not real switching but I just say that in terms of the noise).

Is it a hardware problem or a software one and how I can solve this?

allancw
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Well, since doing all those steps in my previous post, it's been unconsistent.  Crackling/stuttering returned, though resetting the PRAM and BT Module, and then had another day of stability.  Odd.

I'm often just resorting to disconnecting one device which is unfortunate.  Perhaps I'll try resetting PRAM and BT Module once a week.

AlexEmashev
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Hi guys!

No fixes for the issue so far?

I conducted couple of tests. I used: Android phone Honor 6, iPad pro 9.7 (2018), Windows 10 PC, iPhone 8, iPhone 11

Checked all configurations. The only configuration that gives me stutters is: iPhone 8 + PC. Not even iPhone 11 + PC or iPad + PC. The stutter can be herd even if nothing plays as a crackle sound.

vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

hello all,

after almost one year of frustration of waiting for a fix from Bose for the stuttering issue, I found the easiest solution which works 100% of the time. 

Today, I sent back my headphones to Bose for a full refund and ordered Sony WH-1000XM4. 

I was a loyal Bose customer for more than 10 years and this one product was sufficient to make me lose my loyalty. Never buying Bose again! 

P.s I’m also happy that I’ll never use this portal again to complain about Bose! 

Cheers! 

NYMonster24
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

How can you get a full refund after one year? I am more than happy to send it back any time and never come back here again.