Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices
Well, gosh, I did several steps but the problem did resolve. I tried all the steps in a the other major previous post about this (dated 07-20-2019).
• Bose product model: Bose 700
• Bose product firmware version: 1.82 (Current as of Feb-28-2021)
• Bose app version: 4.3.3
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Similar to many other, problem was constant stuttering once paired to 2 devices. Disabling bluetooth on either of my devices (2016 Macbook, iPhone 😎 and the problem immediately disappeared. No discernible ability to effect how bad the stuttering would get.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? Issue was immediately from day 1.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (iPhone 8 ios 14.4, 2016 Macbook 10.14.6 Mojave)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? No, it was immediate.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.
Steps I took (unfortunately after many failed attempts troubleshooting, I did 4 steps at once so I cannot guarantee which fixed it... >.<):
-Changed routers to 5ghz to avoid any BT interference
-Reset OSX PRAM
-Reset OSX Bluetooth Module
-Did the steps in the 1st post (though the holding down power while plugging in USB-C connector and waiting for BT to blink blue never seemed to work...)
-Unpaired all devices, repaired in the order suggested (Mobile "Pair" first, reset mobile device, then click "Connect"), then laptop 2nd.
I know many people are disappointed with Bose, but honestly I think bluetooth has never been particularly known for stability, especially when mulitple audio connections are involved... so far it's working for the past 30 mins, so if it reoccurs then I'll try my steps one at a time and see.