Jacek K
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

@jakub89 I have iOS 14.5.1 and nothing has changed - stuttering is still present and annoying as always. One time I thought the issue is resolved was when accidentally headphones were connected to only one device. Once they connected to the 2nd one, stuttering appeared almost immediately and made me frustrated again. When I need reliability, I use my 4+-year-old QC35 (1st gen), that are rock solid and doesn't shutter with the same setup.

boseny
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Confirmed, the issue is still persistent on iOS 14.5.1. It has yet to be resolved.

Agia
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Judging from the numerous reports on all operating systems I doubt the problem is an IOs exclusive...

I noticed that in "less noisy" environments (radio-frequencies speaking) the stuttering seems to happen less. I live in an apartment in a capital city and I experience the problem quite frequently. A couple of weeks ago I worked from a countryside house and the stuttering was waaaay less.

This is plain ridiculous.

Jacek K
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

I have problems while using iOS, macOS, Windows, and Bose 700 are the only BT headphones I am facing such issues. Bose QC35 works fine, 2 other headsets from other brands (3-4x cheaper) also work fine. So for me it's Bose 700 flaw and taking into account their price, it should never happen. As soon as other brands release headsets with comparable ANC for microphones, my 2 x Bose 700 headphones are going on sale.

Nanouk42
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2021

Hello,

I have this issue with the sound disappearing with a crackle quite often. It happens on average every minute or so.

SmartSelect_20210525-092129_Bose Music.jpg

SmartSelect_20210525-093618_Bose Music.jpg

 I have tried that reset but without any success.

It happens when watching videos e.g. YouTube or listening to radio via the radio station app.

As I don't use them for other stuff I can't comment.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A51.

SmartSelect_20210525-094136_Software update.jpg

 Any help very much appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

To start, I understand how important of a topic this is for many of you, and I apologize for the lack of recent updates on this thread.

Next, I want to thank everyone who participated in the survey. These surveys enable us to gather important details for our investigations given the vast number of devices, applications, and electronic environments the NC700 operates in.

I wish I had more of an update to provide, but I have no timelines on further firmware releases to improve multipoint stuttering currently.

Our last two firmware releases included multipoint connection improvements based on reports from the community, however, we are aware that these releases did not resolve all of the issues causing customers to experience stuttering. 

For those of you who are still experiencing stuttering, please see this article that provides troubleshooting steps for intermittent audio.

For those experiencing any other audio artifacts, please see this article for assistance.

Additionally, many members have posted in this thread of what steps they took to reduce instances of stuttering when in multipoint.

If you still need assistance,  local support teams are available at http://bose.life/globalsupport to assist you with your Bose products.

If further updates become available, I will make sure to communicate them on Around & On-Ear Headphones board as soon as I have word. 

Thank you for your continued support!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jacek K
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

It really sounds like a joke. I did everything I found on this forum, went through all the support articles, browsed other forums, did what support asked me to, etc. Reflashing, resetting, updating/changing BT drivers, switching devices and platforms, updating OS-es, changing rooms, even switched off WiFis and microwave. Also played with detailed audio settings in the system, switching on/off all the options I found in different combinations to detect if something can help. No, nothing helped! I tried more than 2 pairs of NC700 from different series (personally I have 2, I borrowed more). I also tried to achieve such a bad experience with the old QC35 I still own as a backup and 2 other brands - all other headphones worked perfectly, only Bose NC700 makes me sad. And I am so disappointed, you don't even know if/when you provide a proper fix. I feel like it's a hardware/design issue and there may be nothing to do on the firmware side. I wish I could return my headphones. I was sure the fix will be provided soon. Apparently, I was really wrong and made the mistake of trusting Bose.

boseny
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Honestly, this is beyond a joke of a response at this point. This is more of a "it's been several months since our last response, and we really need to say something, but there's really nothing to say because it's not a priority, and I can't even confirm if our engineers *know* about the issue" kind of response.

The hardware of the NC700 is *good*. This tiny firmware bug makes the entire experience awful, with the only real "workaround" is not using multipoint - a core feature of the headphones and one which is activated by default every time they turn on.

@Wayne_M you've personally been tagged in several posts, and specific questions have been asked with no direct response. Can you confirm that the engineering team is even *aware* of the issue and is listed in some backlog *somewhere*? A simple confirmation would go miles into demonstrating that Bose is not just paying lip service.

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

@boseny Yes, we have previously passed along the reports in this thread, the engineering team has the data from the survey, and it is in their backlog.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stingray2006
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

I have been viewing this thread without login in, now I actually want to leave a message. I have also got stutter when I connect my NC700 to both iPhone and iPad Pro, and if I disable one of them then problem goes away.

I cannot believe how long it takes for a serious firmware issue to fix - maybe Bose need to look at all the code from the Bluetooth connection stack? I have bought three pairs of headphones for different uses (indoor/outdoor/one for wife) at the same time (Xmas 2020), and the experience of connecting two devices are very different with these headsets.

Hope Bose can fix this soon - or else this may be the last pair of Bose that many high end customer would purchase. I am disappointed to see this happen as my first experience of NC700 during demo in the store was shockingly good (obviously they don't connect to two devices at the same time).