Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauss256
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

[After posting this, I see that there is a thread for the 1.8.2 firmware, which is what I have. Should have posted there, but I've spent enough time on this issue. I've got other headphone options and will just use one of those.]

Just chiming in to say that I too am having the Bluetooth stuttering issue when using multipoint. None of the suggested workarounds has helped. I'm on the latest firmware, etc.

Because of my business, I use many different Bluetooth devices. The 700 headphones are the only ones with this problem. Notably, the Bose QC 35 II headphones work just fine.

Given that the 700 problem has been reported for almost two years now, and that other Bose products don't have it, I fear it is a hardware problem of some kind that can't be fixed with a firmware update. Therefore it is too expensive to fix and Bose is not going to do anything about it.

M1chael
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

No hardware issue.

Had the same ugly stuttering which made them unusable for me, but was able to downgrade firmware to 1.2.11.

Not a single stutter since then. Must be careful *not* to use the Bose App or Google Assistant with them, otherwise the firmware gets upgraded again.

Shame on Bose... The QC45 will not be mine, no matter how good they might be. Fix your existing products first...

M1chael
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Issue #18 at the ced Github worked for me (at least it worked some months ago)...

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello,
@bose  @Wayne_M @Jessie_O @Andy_B  @Ben_E  @Charlotte_G @David_G  @Dylan_R  @Hector_B  @Irina_I  @Jeff_G  @Keith_L  @Community_Admin 

still not owning the issue and not pinning this post eh? Incredible customer support! 

I am convinced that your engineering team is incompetent and incapable of solving this issue. 
Spoling the legacy built by Amar Bose. Such a shame

Now go ahead and edit my post or block me for my comments, but you will never have the decency to own up your mistakes or even reply to hundereds of people here.

Cheers! 

Lethalbacon
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

How were you able to downgrade it. I've been looking online for a way to downgrade.

monty77uk
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2021

Search for the 'charles proxy' method .. it worked for me, back to 1.2.11 but so far tests are inconclusive - still a bit crackly for me when using multipoint.  Would really really like a proper fix from bose - looking at the length of this topic doesn't give me too much confidence though

M1chael
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

After the downgrade I needed to re-pair my devices. Since then: smooth like chocolate, also with multiple devices connected.

Again: Shame on Bose... Fix your stuff!