Larentias
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Noise Cancelling 700 - High Pitched Noise

Hi All, 

I've had a look through the forums and found similar issues but not this exactly. I have just got the Bose NC 700 headphones and I'm getting a high pitched noise anytime I switch between media.

If i turn off a song ill get about 0.5 sec of high pitched noise.

If i am am switching between videos in youtube the noise happens.

Essentially anytime the headphones go from playing sound to not playing sound. It happens on all NC levels, with Bluetooth and with the cable. It happens across all devices.

The Headphones are 1 day old and it has happened from the very first connection. Apart from this noise there doesn't seem to be any other issues with the sound. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 - High Pitched Noise

Hi Larentias,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your headphones and would be happy to help with this.

This is quite an unusual issue you have, given how specific the situations we are getting the sound seem to be.

There are some things we can try to correct this. The first thing I would recommend we do is a reset of the headphones. To do this, we would need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.twice

I would also recommend we use the Device Updater, to check whether there any updates available for your headphones as well. 

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Larentias
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Okay, I'll try this and let you know if it solves the problem. 

Highlighted
Fuccim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I have been having the same exact issue ever since the new update to 1.3.1. Whenever my headphones are on standby, there is an awful high pitched ringing! I bought mine in October and like I said before, this wasn’t happening until the most recent update. 

Highlighted

Hey Fuccim, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are also having this experience. 

Can you please confirm if you have attempted the steps listed above? If so can you please connect the headset to another device to see if he issue still persists. 

Let's also clear the pairing list of the headset, you can do this by powering on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared. Once you have performed these steps, please test the headset again.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards,

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Ewokil
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hey! I'm having the same exact issue. Already exhanged my pair for  a different one but still having the same issue. It is whenever audio stops playing no matter the source on my phone.

Different problem with both is that when the cable is plugged in it causes ANC hiss to be much louder which is annoying aswell.

Highlighted
Larentias
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Unfortunately the steps you suggested havent worked. Took me a while to get to it over xmas with all the travelling. 

The high pitched noise remains in all situations above, except when the cable is attached, which now has white noise. 

Anything else i can try? 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and contributing to the discussion.

I'd like to gather a bit more information on this with you, as it is an unusual one.

What devices have we been connected to when getting this issue? Does it change if we are connected to only one device, or multiple?

What sources have we been using? Is it the same on all sources?

Does changing the Noise Cancellation level on the headphones affect the sound we are hearing?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Ewokil
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I have a Iphone SE, which I use. The same beep is present on Windows aswell, but it does not matter if 2 devices are connected.

Noice Cancellation does not matter, can hear it when it is 10, 0 or off. It is quite quiet, so when I am not at home, I can't hear it over even small background noises.

I have decent amount of white noise over wired so I dont like using it.

Highlighted
markus.borge
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

I am having the same issues with my brand new Bose 700 headphones. It happens when I stream music, a podcast or any other media from an iPhone Xs or a Macbook Pro 2014, 13 inch Retina. It also happens when the voice assisstent speaks, so in general it happens whenever audio is played. I would describe the sound as an "electronic sound", kind of like the one you can hear from some chargers. It is not like white noise. 

What happens is that after pausing the media I hear a high pitched noise in the left ear cup only, which persists for about 30 seconds before stopping. As soon as a sound is played from the headphones, the high pitched noise returns for about 30 seconds. This happens with or without noise cancellation and on all the different levels of noise cancellation. I can also hear the high pitched noise when using a cable. I can not hear the sound when playing music, but it is really annoying if I am using the headphones just to block noise without music.

I have tried resetting the headphones and resetting the bluetooth list and my firmware version is 1.3.1.