Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larentias
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 - High Pitched Noise

About 3 weeks now, However ill have to add that I have only been using them with my desktop and not any phones due to current work situation. Zoom works fine for me on them though with no sound interruptions. 

juanappleseed
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Okay thank you. 🙏

ladygluck
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

I just bought these headphones on Saturday and I am having the issue of hearing the high pitched noise, but only when I'm on a phone call and no one is actively speaking/making noise. Is there any solution? Thanks.

Neesoh
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I am also having this issue.  I got a pair from Amazon and noticed the first day that the issue existed, a high-pitched electronic sound when media playback stops/pauses.  It kind of sounds like a coil whine type sound.  Like another poster said, toggling the volume a few times would make the sound stop, and so would playing something through the headphones.   I also had intermittent crackling issues from connections getting messed up.  My firmware was 1.3.1.  I tried all the resetting and repairing to no avail so I had them replaced through Amazon because the noise is extremely annoying.  

The second pair worked perfectly, notably they were on 1.1.4 firmware.   No high-pitched noise, no issues with crackling connections.  Many days passed with no issues.  The only problem is they would automatically turn off after 10 minutes of no movement, so I updated them to the new firmware because I wanted to turn off the auto-shut-off and I saw 1.3.1 allowed this.  Upon updating to 1.3.1 the high-pitched whine is immediately there on the new headphones.  So disappointing because I was really enjoying the headphones on 1.1.4.  I’d rather have them turn off after 10 minutes than have an extremely annoying sound every time a video/song is stopped/paused.  

I really want to go back to 1.1.4 but the Updater doesn’t let me.  I could replace through Amazon again, but I would feel ridiculous doing so, and I don’t have any confidence that this same thing won’t happen again. The firmware hasn’t been updated in 6 months, and I see no solution here.  I think I will have to just return even though I was really liking them.  They are way more airy and less rickety than my Sony 1000xm3 and I really liked having multipoint connections, and they looked really cool too.  Oh well.  If there was a way to downgrade the firmware to test if that is the issue, I would love to keep these Bose.  

Neesoh
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I just want to add to my above post that I did manage to find a way to get the firmware back to 1.1.4.  I have not experienced the high-pitched electronic whine since.  I firmly believe it is an issue with the 1.3.1 firmware.  I have now deleted the app to prevent auto updates and now will probably hang onto these.  It’s a shame Bose doesn’t allow downgrading firmware and also don’t seem too keen on fixing these types of issues.  I was about to send the headphones back and they would have lost a sale and a customer likely forever.  I’ll definitely be hesitant to purchase a Bose product again and wouldn’t recommend them either.  But dang I do still like these things. 

Ewokil
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

The new 1.4.1 fixed the issue for me alongside another issue with using the audio cable

WF7A
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

My wife experienced this in her right ear and it was loud--it caused her ear to ring for a few hours. 

She bought the headphones (new) only a week ago; we upgraded to the latest firmware (1.4.12x) when we took them out of the box so we don't know if the problem is a carryover from the previous firmware version. But, now with the battery life/charging issue that's a result of the latest firmware update, back to the store the headphones will go. Admittedly, we're disappointed because my wife likes how comfortable the 700s are.

If there's one observation that might be useful: the noise spike occurred at the edge of Bluetooth reception, about 10 meters from the transmitter.

valonfhaliti
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I don't think this is a solution, I live in Kosovo and there is no Bose branch nowhere here. This noise if terrifying and I think I might go deaf if I keep using them so I have switched to some earphones for now.

xtragalattico
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 high pitch noise when changing songs

I bought Noise Canceling 700 headphones which are constantly playing 0.5 seconds high pitched noise when switched from one song to another in Youtube Music or local media (both audio and video media have issues).

The issue appears to happen after forced firmware upgrade via Bose Music app. Unfortunately, there is no way to rollback the firmware or to disable firmware update in the app. I have ordered replacement headphones, which resolved the issue for some time until the update was again enforced by the app.

What are my options besides ordering another replacement? 

PS: I do have old QC-35 headphones which work flawlessly without any issues with the same equipment (Mac Pro desktop and Mac Book Pro, Apple iPhone and Google Pixel 4).
It is a bit disappointing to see new model having the issues like that.