semihatakan
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 vibration noise on one ear

Hi there!

I am a happy user of my headphones except this issue: 

I'm taking meetings with my headphones. In most of these, I am hearing a vibration noise from the right ear cup when somebody talks. The noise is not consistently there but it is frequent, and happens especially when I talk. 

When listening to music (i.e., when the mic is turned off), I have not noticed the same vibration-like noise.

Also, when I shake my head or walk around, I can hear something inside the right ear cup making a tingling sound. This, and the fact that the left cup is perfect, makes me think that something might be loose and the problems pertains to hardware. 

Could you please help me out? 

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 vibration noise on one ear

Hey @semihatakan,

That's quite odd - would you say its similar to a distorted sound when somebody speaks?

It's also strange you're noticing a rattling in the right earcup, when did you first notice this? What I'd recommend is to reset the headphones as shown HERE and also checking the firmware is up to date by visiting HERE. Try both of those steps and let me know if you notice an improvement after!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
semihatakan
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Yeah, little bit of distortion but more of a rattling/vibration. It happens when I or somebody else speaks, and the higher the pitch, the higher the rattling.

What confuses me more is it is not consistent. One day I hear all the rattling, the next hour it is gone, but then it comes back... 

I have reset the headphones and checked for any updates. Let me know if you have any additional suggestions. Thanks!

Tegan_M

Thanks for taking a look into this. 

Out of interest, does this ever occur whilst listening to music?

Can you try taking a call from another device to see if this persists?

I would also lightly shake the headphones, does it sound as though there are any loose components inside the headphones?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
semihatakan
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Hi! It does not occur while listening to music. It happens when mic is open. I've test using my Mac and iPhone and got the similar issue.

It is possible that there might be something loose in the right ear cup. At times, when I notice the vibration in the headphones, I hear something loose as well when I shake my head (or headphones) or walk around. Other times, the right ear cup works fine and I hear nothing loose. 

I guess what bugs me is that the issue is not consistently observed. Let me know if you have additional opinions. Otherwise, I'm thinking of invoking the warranty. Thanks!

Jeff_G

I would recommend contacting local support to seek an exchange. This shouldn't be happening. 

Details can be found here

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Neming
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, weird noise in left cup whenever the mic is on, not happening when I only listen to music or calls in mute. It started 2 days ago. I call Bose Support and will get a replacement.