Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David4321
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 volume increases on its own

Occasionally my NC 700 headphone volume will increase on its own.

* Bose Noice Cancelling 700 Headphones (latest firmware 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd)

* Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phone (Verizon latest OS patch release N975USQS3CTD6)

* United States

To reproduce:

* Pair phone and headphones

* no other devices are currently active or connected with the headphones

* Turn headphones off and on several times (I'm not able to reliably reproduce the issue, but it tends to occur later in the day after turning the headphones off and on multiple times.)

* Play media.  While media is playing, adjust phone volume using side rocker switch (up or down).  Issue also observed with phone software volume slider.

* observed behavior: volume increases to maximum as though a repeated "volume up" command was issued.  Issue is now intermittent but reproducible.  Pausing the media allows volume to be adjusted lower.  Resuming media plays at expected volume.  Adjusting volume causes the volume to increase to maximum.

To resolve:

* rebooting the headset does not resolve the issue

* rebooting the phone resolves the issue

Other notes:

* Issue has not been observed with other bluetooth headphone products (eg phone <-> sport headphones) or other devices (laptop <-> NC 700 headphones)

* Issue occurs using multiple media apps.  First noticed it in google podcasts.  Also occurs in youtube.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WoDi
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 volume increases on its own

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

The exact same thing started happening to me (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Spotify) today. Just rebooted phone, seems to have done the trick 🤞

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WoDi
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 volume increases on its own

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

The exact same thing started happening to me (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Spotify) today. Just rebooted phone, seems to have done the trick 🤞

View solution in original post

quayshawn
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Bose NC 700 performing volume up or down on its own

My pair of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 has this annoying issue of performing volume up and volume down actions on its own, presumably via the touch controls. It'll bring the volume all the way up (blowing up my ears out of nowhere) or all the way down to mute. When it's in this state, the headphones don't respond or sends a delayed response when I try to use the touch controls myself (swiping up or swiping down). This is happening to all device I pair it to (Pixel 3, iPhone 12, PC). Its firmware is up to date and I've tried to use the reset button sequence with no luck.

Has anyone else run into this? Alternatively, is there any way to disable the touch controls (hoping that it would solve this issue)

Bose product name: NC700

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+E0S7590

App Version: 4.3.3

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: Pixel 3, iPhone 12, PC

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: 1. Power on headphones and leave on for a long period of time. 2. Headphones will cause device volume to go up and down without taking action

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: Issue started about 2 weeks. This was not an issue before

Any troubleshooting steps you took: Updated app, restarted headphones, paired to other devices, tried different apps